1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!
    Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers.
    We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

We lost to the lowly chiefs

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by Trumpet_Man, Sep 13, 2010.

1. Ride The Lightning

Ride The Lightning Join the Dark Side, we have cookies.

Ratings:
    +1,641
    And yet, every time you get more butthurt.

But yeah, tell the class again how butthurt you aren't.
    What are you gonna do, steal my lunch money?

:icon_rofl:

2. !~BOLT~!

!~BOLT~! Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +205

Oh I wouldn't wanna spoil the surprise now would I. Nice try though. With a frame like yours I'm sure your lunch costs a benji at least so that is tempting.

3. JohnnyX

JohnnyX Hall of Fame

Ratings:
    +242
    Am not sure if the Chiefs are so "Lowly" any more. They did lose to the Texans though.

4. Ride The Lightning

Ratings:
    +1,641
    I'm big boned. And I love surprises. The anticipation is killing me.

:icon_rofl:

5. robdog

robdog Code Monkey Staff Member Administrator

Ratings:
    +262
    This thread is getting derailed. Please bring this back on track before we have to close it. Also, personal attack on this forum are not allowed. Please do not continue these actions in this thread or on this forum.

6. 65TossPowerTrap

65TossPowerTrap BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +37
    Talk to Bolt over there. I've been enjoying his self-destructive meltdown.

7. Trumpet_Man

Trumpet_Man New Member

Ratings:
    +654
    This thread is awesome.

8. Trumpet_Man

Trumpet_Man New Member

Ratings:
    +654
    We are 2-5.

The Raiders are ahead of us.

Does anyone think this team does not have serious problems or is it just chicken little syndrome ?

Wake the F up people.

Mathews all but disappeared against the Patriots. Why did we draft a RB again ?

Next year if any fan is not hoping for linemen, they and all their clan can go to hell.

9. Trumpet_Man

Trumpet_Man New Member

Ratings:
    +654
    Ryan Mathews has a long way to go

Posted by Gregg Rosenthal on October 25, 2010 9:17 AM ET
    Last week, I watched running back Ryan Mathews nearly get Philip Rivers killed a few times on blitzes because of his struggles in pass protection.

Norv Turner saw the same thing and adjusted his playing time. The first-round pick didn't play a snap in the second half on Sunday against the Patriots because the Chargers were playing catch up. Turner deemed Darren Sproles the better option because of his pass protection skills.

"Please," Turner said after the game via Kevin Acee of the San Diego Union-Tribune. "Darren has been playing that position for four years, and he knows exactly what he's doing in protection. He knows exactly what he's doing with the route."

Mathews wound up with only eight carries for 15 yards. The No. 12 overall pick has looked good running the ball this year (4.7 yards-per-carry), but his injuries and pass protection woes have kept him off the field.

While San Diego's rushing game has improved from awful to mediocre, the Chargers expected more from Mathews. Turner said he planned to get Mathews 290 touches in the offseason, but he's nowhere close to that pace.

5 Responses to "Ryan Mathews has a long way to go"

mission says:
    October 25, 2010 9:32 AM
    The Ryan Mathews fantasy football experiment is over. What a joke.

McFadden, I'll never bench you again for this idiot.

- Idiot #2

BarrySanders says:
    October 25, 2010 9:58 AM
    mission.... what an assinine comment. Mathews is a rookie, sometimes it takes longer than others to adjust to the pro game.

Kings says:
    October 25, 2010 10:07 AM
    Mission your an Idiot, Dude gets 10 carries a game, and San Diego is always playing catch up so they ditch the run game. Have you ever seen Mathews take a loss? He averages more yards a gain, has more yards with less carries. You dont deserve a running back of Mathews caliber on your fantasy team anyway. If he's on a run oriented team he's leading the league in rushing yards.....oh did I mention HES A ROOKIE!!! So who's the idiot..idiot!

mission says:
    October 25, 2010 10:09 AM
    I'm talking about my fantasy football team.

He was a horrible draft pick (for me) and it's a horrible decision to try and start him every time they say he's "healthy" and ready for a break-out game.

Suggs kicks bradys @$$ says:
    October 25, 2010 10:44 AM
    Ryan mathews is just garbage. Stop saying he's good. SD wasted a pick on him, trust me no one before them wanted him.If u can't block as a back get out the league. It's something great backs do.....which ad u can see, is not him, idiot

10. Concudan

Concudan Caffeinated Commando

Ratings:
    +4,250
    Acutally, we are talking to everyone. Please do your part to keep things on track.

11. Trumpet_Man

Trumpet_Man New Member

Ratings:
    +654
    I just heard on the radio that a few players told Marty Caswell the reason Steve Crosby has not been fired is because he is close to his retirement pension requirements in the NFL.

F-me freddy.

She also stated that if the coaches are not going to be held accountable, then why should the players be held accountable as a paraphrase of I assumed to be her own thoughts after speaking with these players.....wow...

12. Boltdiehard

Boltdiehard Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,171
    :lol:

This sh*t is a fuggin joke.

13. Ride The Lightning

Ratings:
    +1,641

14. Trumpet_Man

Trumpet_Man New Member

Ratings:
    +654
    Darren Smith went apeshit. He ranted about how this is a NOW league and not a "what have you done in the past" league. He also said he and Hacksaw had a number one rating two years ago but his boss does not give a crap about two years ago and wants RATINGS NOW. F-what you did for me yesterday, what are you doing RIGHT NOW.

This shite is beyond whacked.

15. Trumpet_Man

Trumpet_Man New Member

Ratings:
    +654
    Chargers facing another blackout

Posted by Mike Florio on October 26, 2010 7:26 PM ET
    After two home blackouts to start the 2010 regular season, the 2-4 Chargers managed to sell out their third home game, against the Patriots.

But now that the Chargers are 2-5 -- and with a far less compelling team coming to town -- the Charger are facing yet another local blackout.

The team announced today that 9,000 non-premium tickets and 2,000 club seats remain for Sunday's game.

If the 9,000 non-premium seats aren't sold by Thursday at 4:05 p.m. ET, the game against the 5-2 Titans won't be televised within 75 miles of Qualcomm Stadium.

Other potential hot spots for Week Eight include Detroit, St. Louis, Oakland, and Arizona.

And possibly even London, if tickets remain for sale and if the folks buying the tickets realize that the 49ers and Broncos aren't very good.

16. Ride The Lightning

Ratings:
    +1,641
    No surprise.

17. Trumpet_Man

Trumpet_Man New Member

Ratings:
    +654

Ok.

Here is the official clip of the much hyped and proclaimed beer chugging contest between Charger Chick (Trish) and some dude named Trumpet something or other.

I say Trumpet Man won this heated contest by a whisker and I have to admit, Trish was a worthy opponent.

Go Chargers !!!!

18. matilack

matilack #therealagent47

Ratings:
    +2,780
    I gotta feeling the Chargers pull one out this Sunday.

VY is a scatter brain, he gets foiled by 3-4 defenses and has never really had a good game against us. I can see him throwing a couple picks.

19. HEXEDBOLT

HEXEDBOLT Don't like it, lump it!!!

Ratings:
    +1,780
    I am so tired of the Bolt's powder-puff Mr. nice guy's defense I can't stand it anymore. In my 40 plus years of watching this team I can not recall a defense that would beat your *** just to do it. Just beat the shyte out of the other team and the rest will take care of it's self.

20. Trumpet_Man

Trumpet_Man New Member

Ratings:
    +654

Vince Young's Merry Christmas to Bolt fans

21. Trumpet_Man

Trumpet_Man New Member

Ratings:
    +654
    http://www.titanstailgate.com/forum...Diego-Chargers-Official-GameDay-Thread/page47

Today 09:02 PM #928 RallyRedBmore
    View Profile View Forum Posts
    Baltimores #1 Titan Fan!!
    Join Date Mar 2009
    Location Baltimore, MD
    Posts 382 Rep Power 213
    thats it...im done. i know history will eventually side with us... (or not), but im never going to any games vs the chargers, even if it means not coming to a playoff game.... damn

22. Trumpet_Man

Trumpet_Man New Member

Ratings:
    +654
    Chargers stay alive with win in Houston

Posted by Gregg Rosenthal on November 7, 2010 4:39 PM ET

Two teams heading in opposite directions met Sunday in Houston, with the Chargers coming away with a 29-23 road victory that keeps hope alive for another second half run by the Bolts.

Despite missing his top three wide receivers and Antonio Gates, Philip Rivers threw for 295 yards and four touchdowns against a beleaguered Texans secondary. He pulled off an incredible third down conversion with defenders drapped all over him during the game-winning touchdown drive.

Injury replacements Seyi Ajirotutu and Randy McMichael combined for four scores.

Matt Schaub appeared to be bothered by rib injury for much of the game, but got the ball back with under three minutes left and a chance to be the hero. The Texans moved the ball down the field, but Andre Johnson dropped a pass that bounced off his knee and into the hands of a Chargers defender.

This was a swing game for both teams. The Texans just couldn't capitalize on their opportunities. The Calvin Johnson rule cost Arian Foster a touchdown, Foster was stuffed on fourth-and-one another time, and Schaub tried a quarterback sneak on fourth-and-one in the fourth quarter that didn't work. Houston's schedule gets tougher and they just don't look like a playoff-caliber unit.

The Chargers have a long way to go, but they hit their bye week at 4-5 with a chance to get healthier. Other than a road trip to the Colts, San Diego has a very manageable second half schedule. We're not counting them out of the AFC West race just yet.

23. Trumpet_Man

Trumpet_Man New Member

Ratings:
    +654
    Raiders and Chiefs are tied...looks like OT....good game.

24. Trumpet_Man

Trumpet_Man New Member

Ratings:
    +654
    It would suck if the Raiders and Chiefs tied

25. wrbanwal

wrbanwal Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,036
    Chiefs lost to the lowly Raiders!

26. matilack

matilack #therealagent47

Ratings:
    +2,780
    Long live this thread until we get revenge!

27. Trumpet_Man

Trumpet_Man New Member

Ratings:
    +654
    This thread is a reminder of how we started.

Never forget.

Revenge is almost here.

28. Trumpet_Man

Trumpet_Man New Member

Ratings:
    +654
    Hardwick calls Rivers RIDICULOUS

CHARGERS: Bolts reach bye with second straight win, sense of optimism

BY SCOTT BAIR - sbair@nctimes.com North County Times - Californian
    Posted: Sunday, November 7, 2010 11:32 pm

HOUSTON -- The Chargers hit rock bottom two weeks ago, falling to 2-5 following a missed field goal, a series of careless mistakes and yet another comeback gone awry.

That Oct. 24 loss to New England was characterized as the death blow to a season that had become disastrous. The Chargers were riddled by injuries, especially at the skill positions. They couldn't stop making costly mistakes and Kansas City was burying them in the AFC West standings, making another late-season rally seem like a pipe dream.

Two games later, the Chargers' prospects seem quite different.

They won their second straight game and their first on the road this season Sunday, beating the Houston Texans 29-23 at Reliant Stadium. They have a bye week to nurse their slew of injured starters back to health. And, thanks to Oakland's victory over the front-running Chiefs, the Chargers are only 1 1/2 games behind in the AFC West.

Such a quick change of fortune seemed improbable with so many players unavailable the last two weeks. The Chargers were especially thin against the Texans, missing tight end Antonio Gates, left guard Kris Dielman, receivers Malcom Floyd and Legedu Naanee and inside linebacker Brandon Siler.

Three more starters suffered injuries during Sunday's game and yet another special teams gaffe led to a touchdown, but the Chargers still found a way to win.

"That shows the character, the grit and the toughness of this team," free safety Eric Weddle said. "Look at who wasn't playing and the odds of so many reserves stepping up. We could've easily rolled over when things got tough, but that's not this team. We're going to fight, no matter who we're playing with or who we're playing against. It's exciting to see guys step up and, as a team, finish a game the right way."

The Chargers (4-5) erased a 23-14 third-quarter deficit by scoring the game's final 15 points on touchdown passes to backup tight end Randy McMichael and former practice squad receiver Seyi Arijotutu. The two each caught a pair of touchdown passes despite entering the game with 10 combined receptions this season.

And after the offense established a lead, the defense held it. Twice. The first came on a fourth-down, fourth-quarter stop by nose tackle Antonio Garay. The second secured victory, when a ball slipped through Andre Johnson's grasp, ricocheted off his knee and landed in safety Paul Oliver's hands.

"In so many situations I've wondered, 'When are we going to catch a break?,' " quarterback Philip Rivers said. "I was thinking that again in the fourth quarter, and we finally got one."

The Chargers didn't eliminate a 20-14 halftime deficit with luck. They did so behind Rivers, who threw for 295 yards and four touchdowns in the victory.

"The guy's ridiculous," center Nick Hardwick said. "Every time he's in there, we have a legitimate chance to win. The most important thing is to keep him clean and let him work."

Rivers did so with a patchwork crew. When he put the Chargers ahead with a 28-yard touchdown pass to Ajirotutu, just four regular starters were on the field.

"We're playing guys with that names you wouldn't recognize, yet they're making huge plays for us," said running back Mike Tolbert, who finished strong after Ryan Mathews left the game with an ankle sprain. "That's what this game is about. When you have opportunities, you capitalize on them. We did that today."

Now the Chargers have a bye week to get healthy. They have 15 welcome days off before playing again, enough time for several key players to return and contribute against Denver on Nov. 22.

"I told our guys, the cavalry's coming," Chargers coach Norv Turner said. "We're getting some guys back in the next two weeks that haven't been available for awhile."

Floyd, Naanee, Dielman and Gates are expected to return, as is kicker Nate Kaeding.

The Chargers won without those stalwarts and believe they'll be a better team for doing so. The Chargers put themselves back in contention, supported long-held confidence with results and believe they're ready for yet another second-half surge.

"We're on the right path, but we have to keep moving forward," Hardwick said.

"We have to continue to put the time and focus and energy into our play that we did when we were losing and the pressure was on. We haven't accomplished anything yet. Not by a long shot."

29. 65TossPowerTrap

65TossPowerTrap BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +37
    You may get just it, but it will be the closest thing to a Super Bowl the Chargers will see this year :)

30. Trumpet_Man

Trumpet_Man New Member

Ratings:
    +654