1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

We received a Christmas Miracle.....Now don't blow it!!

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by Boltergeist, Dec 22, 2008.

1. Boltergeist

Boltergeist BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +111
    I'm as excited as everyone else about our best game of the year in week 16...and the subsequent Broncos meltdown....but just a sobering reminder that this team has been helter skelter....mostly skelter...all year...especially in games we're expected to win.

I don't question the heart of most of our veteran stars on this team. Guys like Rivers, LT, Jammer and Jamal will come to play.

I'm worried about some of the other guys...some of the younger guys that have been going out the night before the game and getting lit and then expect to sleepwalk through an important game for a win.....Without knowing for certain...I would hope guys like Weddle, Cromartie, McNeill, Cooper, Wilhelm, Phillips, Tucker, Castillo, Olshansky take this freaking game seriously for once and come out intent on kicking some Donkey @ss.

Above all, I'm worried about Norv not drilling the importance of this game into the team. Maybe he should have Rivera (The guy who should be our HC) do the pre-game speech.

Get it done. Don't F around. If we lose this one, this could have a serious negative ripple effect on this franchise for years....and on top of that...a positive one for our main division rivals.

BURY THESE COCKROACHES. ANYTHING ELSE IS UNACCEPTABLE. THE FANS WILL BE THERE TO ROCK THE Q...WILL THE TEAM STEP UP?

• Like Like x 1
  2. Savage Lizard

Savage Lizard Charger fan at 7000'

Ratings:
    +984
    Good God!

If there is one guy in that locker room that doesn't get the importance of the game, they should be released immediately.

3. Sydalish

Sydalish Addicted to Sports

Ratings:
    +1,807
    Of all the games this season, I am sure the importance of this one has not passed these players by.

If only to seek justice for the Week 2 disaster, I imagine these guys will come out on fire. This game isn't just about winning - it's about beating the crap out of the Donkeys for 60 full minutes.

That being said - whoever or whatever got them going last week DO IT AGAIN! :D

4. Boltergeist

Boltergeist BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +111

Yeah..I agree with you....but we could have said that about several games this year....and still reports continue to follow of our players' shenanigans every time we have a bad loss....most recently the lucky win against KC with the reports of our players' bar hopping the night before....that was also a 'Must Win'.

5. Savage Lizard

Ratings:
    +984
    That's the stuff we hear about. They may have done the exact same stuff before this week's game. People tend to only bring things up when they are a negative.

6. Boltergeist

Boltergeist BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +111
    When it comes down to one play...or a few plays...or a slow start at the beginning of the game..it should be called into question EVERY TIME. Players have to be held accountable for stupid actions...and coaches have to be held accountable for not calling them on it....It took a team players meeting led by Tomlinson last year for them to get it into gear...I can only hope that we are taking things as seriously now in week 17.

7. cranberry

cranberry BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +195
    YES firm believer in the awesomeness of the Charger bunch

8. Kwak

Kwak ....

Ratings:
    +689
    They prepped for the Tampa game by starting practice at 9 or 10AM. They mentioned it during the game yesterday.

Based on the comments in that player blog, there is not a mfer on that team that doesn't know what next Sunday means.

9. Rainman

Rainman BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +126
    :icon_rofl: :lol:

Too true!

Anyone with an IQ higer than 15 should understand the importance of the game without being reminded.

10. SD Native WY

SD Native WY Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +334
    The football Gods work in mysterious ways and the fact that things have worked out the way they have is a testament to fact that Karma is a biotch. This opportunity is destiny.

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Donks are going down big and are going to get bloody !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:bolt::bolt::bolt:GO BOLTS:bolt::bolt::bolt:

11. Enormo

Enormo BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +210
    This could be an epic game. So much at stake. Not just the win but an opportunity to put things right from the first game.

That said, this game is our Super Bowl. The Bolts are not a Super Bowl caliber team this year.

If the Bolts get past the Donkos they're going to have to magically transform into a completely different team to even make a dent in the post season.

12. Savage Lizard

Ratings:
    +984
    All you have to do is get into the playoffs, then all you need is a three game winning streak to get to the Super Bowl. All I want at this point is the chance, then we'll see what happens.

13. Boltergeist

Boltergeist BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +111
    Bump....Let's keep this thread up as a reminder to STAY HUMBLE...We have business to take care of on Sunday. Don't F it up. Let's make it NASTY for any Donkey fans at the Q....and let's unleash FURY on the field.

• Like Like x 2
  14. boltssbbound

boltssbbound Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,554
    I would agree with you most seasons, but this year it's wide open. Should we get into the tournament, I could easily see us reaching the big game. Look at the playoff contenders we have played this year and how we have fared:

Patriots--Won big
    Jets--Won big
    Bucs--Won by three scores
    Carolina--last second loss
    Steelers--last second loss
    Colts--last second loss
    Denver--last second loss
    Atlanta--lost by less than a TD

I don't think anyone wants to see the Chargers in the playoffs.

• Like Like x 1
  15. EsDee_in_RI

EsDee_in_RI Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +133
    LETS KEEP THIS IN THE SPIRIT OF THIS PAST YEAR....

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  16. wrbanwal

wrbanwal Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,036
    EMBRACE THE HATE!!!

:abq2::abq1::abq2::abq1:

17. CoronaDoug

CoronaDoug Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +814