1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

we scored 25 pts in the 4th

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by bigmike.x.09, Sep 28, 2008.

1. bigmike.x.09

bigmike.x.09 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +280
    damn, if we have that much talent, to score THAT many points in the fourth, we should ANNIHALATE every team we play

2. matilack

matilack Take A Knee McCree!!!

Ratings:
    +3,556
    That is soooo tits!

3. wrbanwal

wrbanwal Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,036
    we have the talent

not sure about the coaching

:icon_shrug:

4. NW Bolt Babe

NW Bolt Babe RIP Jr.

Ratings:
    +94
    You have to wonder. When our team is stacked with pro-bowlers, record holders and consistently good stats, the problem has to lie with the coaches.

I don't have the expertise to say what they did wrong, except to say that, something was wrong and they didn't make meaingful adjustments until the second half. When something doesn't work the first 10 times you use it, you have alter your plan. They didn't and the team looked ridiculous.

I'm proud of the guys. :tup:

• Like Like x 1
  5. in_a_days

in_a_days dgaf

Ratings:
    +1,018
    Say what you want about the coaches...

Their job is to be able to adapt and make changes on the fly and that's exactly what happened today. Whatever we were doing to start the game didn't work with a ****. But we came out and in the second half looked like a completely different team. Thank you Norv. :bolt:

6. Crime Time 31

Crime Time 31 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +3
    I don't get why we always start games out slowly (we've done it 3 out of the 4 games we've played this year) and then turn it on in the second half? Why can't we play a consistent 4 quarters?

Proud of our boys! LT looked good in the 2nd half, Rivers was off today, but that's ok. Hopefully we come out next week and walk right through Miami.

7. TheBeast

TheBeast BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +127
    I will be at this game. I have equipped my family as human lightnings. I cannot wait. Good job to everyone played a hell of a game.

(Can anyone not wait until Casone develops so Jammer can play safety because that mofo hits hard):lol:

8. Showmeyourbolt

Showmeyourbolt Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +192
    Being able to do that requires some luck, great defensive play, turnovers, and a good offense. We had all of them in the fourth quarter today.

9. wrbanwal

Ratings:
    +1,036
    I've said it before

Our defense is built around turnovers. If don't get them we will lose

I don't like that approach one bit

:no:

10. BOLTS4LIFE

BOLTS4LIFE Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +542
    We need to stop with these slow starts or then the better teams will rip us a new one.

11. Showmeyourbolt

Ratings:
    +192

Like you also said, you didn't watch the game. The defense played outstanding throughout the game, and they didn't need turnovers to get off of the field.

12. wrbanwal

Ratings:
    +1,036

:tup:

no problems then?

nobody sweating this win against the worst team in the nfl?

kool

:tup:

13. bigmike.x.09

Ratings:
    +280
    i wasnt worried because well, 1 it was the raiders and 2 because the raideres took FULL advantage of their drive ONCE. so i knew they would become less and less efficient as the game wore down

14. When Lightning Strikes

When Lightning Strikes Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +68
    at the end of the day, we are still 2-2 and that is all that matters

if we would have played solid and lost, we would be 1-3

2-2 works for me no matter how ugly it was

15. bigmike.x.09

Ratings:
    +280
    fer sure, expect some more magic in a couple weeks, well be in the powder blues against the pats :)

16. Showmeyourbolt

Ratings:
    +192

We've struggled against the Raiders the last couple of years. The last real dominating win that I remember was the first game of 06. There were problems, and there always will be. The Raiders are still an NFL football team, and they were very close to beating the undefeated Bills last week in Buffalo. The offense struggled a lot throughout the game, but the defense played outstanding.

17. BoltzRule

BoltzRule Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +155
    We played the Rams?

18. LT-Express

LT-Express Bolttalk.com Janitor since 06' Staff Member Super Moderator

Ratings:
    +434
    Worst team in the NFL? Not hardly. The Bengals, Browns, Chiefs, Rams, Texans, Lions are all as bad or worse!

I dont sweat this after what we did to the Jets on Monday night and coming in to this game on the road in a let down game, and not to mention a short week......

19. PhilipRivers#1

PhilipRivers#1 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +464
    Well if you do the math and multiply it out :

25 points a quarter X 4 quarters = 100 points a game !!! :icon_banana::icon_party::abq2::abq1::icon_toast:

20. ntman68

ntman68 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +139
    Spin it any way you want, but this game should have never been close. They consistently play flat in the first half, then make adjustments in the second. I'm glad they make those adjustments, but this should have been a laugher. Until they take care of business and play like a world class team, I fear they will never get over the hump.

21. Showmeyourbolt

Ratings:
    +192

There are no should win games in the NFL. An Undefeated Buffalo team had trouble with the Raiders at home. Did you think that they were just going to roll over against us at home, giving us our tenth straight win over them?

22. MasterOfPuppets

MasterOfPuppets Charger fan since 1979

Ratings:
    +636
    For all of you who are saying "this game should not have been close" what do you think donks fans are saying right now?

A win's a win's a win

23. Sydalish

Sydalish Addicted to Sports

Ratings:
    +1,807
    We should have won the game and we did. We did what it took to get the W. Now they have a week to watch film, work on improving and prep for Miami. The Raiders aren't a terrible team - they're a dysfunctional organization which lacks continuity but they have the talent to be a solid team.

If they ever get the opportunity to put it all together and mesh as a unit they will be a contender [maybe not for a championship for certainly within the division]. Add all of that to playing at home against their biggest rival a week after giving up a 4th qtr lead to Buffalo... this was a team with something to prove and nothing to lose - and those teams are always tough to play.

• Like Like x 1
  24. Daddy_O

Daddy_O Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +300
    The Offense Coordinator is garbage. I saw what needed to be done by the third play. Bring your disguised blitzes and push up the middle. Gates in a shallow crossing pattern would have forced one or two blitzing LB's to cover that area.

Keep the Pineapple Express or Tolbert in as well to block Sands cause Hardwick was getting owned.

Hell, see if Sands wants out of Jokeland to spell Jamal.

25. bigmike.x.09

Ratings:
    +280
    hmm... the possibilities...

26. Cheapseats

Cheapseats Loud, proud Charger fan

Ratings:
    +373
    I am not going to lay blame for the first half solely on the coaching staff. Part of the problems can be tied to our roster. The defense is still trying to figure out what they can do to offset the loss of Merriman and the suspension of Cooper (that is now over). Today was also Hardwick's first game since last year and LT is still not 100%. That being said, the Raiders actually have some talent and put together a pretty good game plan and came out with a chip on their shoulders.

Bottom line: In spite of everything our guys got the job done and they will get better.

Regarding the "chips on the shoulders"...you can guess where those got stuffed!

Go Chargers!

:flag:

27. AnteaterCharger

AnteaterCharger Calibrating Bolttalk, Podcast by Podcast Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +2,930
    On at least one of those sacks I saw Sands go one-on-one against Goff and smack him around. THat's a set mismatch because Goff is more finesse where as Sands is a powerful guy. Hardwick was rusty no question.

My issue and I talked about this with ray during the game was where was the misdirection on runs and the damn screen passes where you could've used their blitzes against them!

28. Showmeyourbolt

Ratings:
    +192

Yea! You should go get one of those offensive coordinator gigs!

29. bigmike.x.09

Ratings:
    +280
    i didnt see much, we didnt through misdirection OR screens at them?

30. Retired Catholic

Retired Catholic BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +347
    I expect we will see more of that with LT's toe healthy. That last touchdown was a vintage change up for LT. That was a quickest I saw him move all season and he reached the end zone at speed.