1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

We still got a chance

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by chargerlipz, Nov 17, 2008.

1. chargerlipz

chargerlipz Leading the league in nose hairs.

Ratings:
    +151
    Denver is 6-4 right now. We're 4-6. We can win the division.
    • If we win out, which is not totally impossible, we end up being 10-6.
    • If Denver loses one game, aside from their upcoming loss to us at the end of the season, they too will finish 10-6.
    • Denver will lose to either the Jets, Panthers or Buffalo & maybe even KC cause they're getting better.
    • We will be AFC West champs due to our better division record

We can do it. I know we're a totally different team, but if the Chargers in 1992 can start out 0-4 and still make the playoffs. Then this, more talented team, can win out and make the playoffs. Don't give up yet. It ain't over til it's over.

• Like Like x 1
  2. ChargerRay

ChargerRay #FireMcCoy #FirePagano Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +867
    Defend our home turf for the next 3 weeks, and try to get within a game of Denver again. That way we can have our shot in week 17.

3. HEXEDBOLT

HEXEDBOLT Don't like it, lump it!!!

Ratings:
    +1,886
    If we get on a hot streak anything can happen and until it is mathematically over, I'll never give up hope.:tup:

• Like Like x 1
  4. BOLTS4LIFE

BOLTS4LIFE Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +542
    We do but I wouldn't hold my breath. Especially when we squeek by teams like Oakland and Kansas City.

Even if we make the playoffs, I think we'll go 1 and done.
    And if we make it, it will only be because the rest of division sucks worse than us.

5. MasterOfPuppets

MasterOfPuppets Charger fan since 1979

Ratings:
    +635
    They still have a chance, but I don't have much hope for anything better than 8-8

6. Bolt Attack

Bolt Attack BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +15
    Your absolutely right lipz.....but we have to win next week....

7. Buck Melanoma

Buck Melanoma Guest

Ratings:
    +408
    Anything is possible but the team has to want it. Right now that seems to be very much in doubt.

8. Bolt Attack

Bolt Attack BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +15
    This is where i don't agree with you Allan. I think if we were able to win out and make it to the playoffs I think you would see an inspired confident team. We could go all the way. The defense did look better (overall) yesterday....but it starts next week.

9. BOLTS4LIFE

BOLTS4LIFE Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +542

I'm hoping but it's not easy. :unsure:

10. Concudan

Concudan Caffeinated Commando

Ratings:
    +4,976
    If we do, I will make an avatar of me with pink hair, pink dress and wear it all off season. :yes:

11. Eat My Boltage

Eat My Boltage Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +43
    Here's my take on it.... and I hope that I am wrong.... We need to scrap our defense in the off season and retool completely, we need to get rid of Norvacane and get a coach that inspires and motivates players and coaches alike. We need to get rid of A.J. Smith because until they do they will never have a coach that is allowed to run the team like a head coach should. I hope we can win the division but I worry about how we will do in the post season.:unsure::icon_shrug:

12. nickelbolt

nickelbolt Fuggedaboutit

Ratings:
    +886
    This team is done. Peyton & co. will drain the remaining hope from those of you who still have it.

Sorry, but this team is a complete joke.

Our team sucks and I HATE IT.

13. BOLTS4LIFE

BOLTS4LIFE Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +542
    If we win it all this season, I'll name my right nad "Norv" and the left one "AJ."

14. HEXEDBOLT

Ratings:
    +1,886
    Damn, they're are folks calling GM's out, coaches out, Players out < me on that one. And here we are with a chance, it may be slim but it's there. I suppose we're as big as loser's as those we blame this mess on. :icon_sad:

15. nickelbolt

nickelbolt Fuggedaboutit

Ratings:
    +886
    yep. I'm one of those loser's. I admit it. I've quit on this team. :bolt:

16. BOLTS4LIFE

BOLTS4LIFE Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +542
    A team of this caliber shouldn't have a slim chance!!!

Especially when our division sucks as bad as it does. We should be pounding them into obliviation!!!

BTW... The Raiders still have a chance, though a very slim one.

17. HEXEDBOLT

Ratings:
    +1,886
    Kind of sucks don't it?

18. Aggieman

Aggieman I bleed blue and gold

Ratings:
    +194
    No they don't. They can only win the remaining 6 and finish 8-8 at 9.5-110 odds dropping their chance at the playoffs to
    .05%.

19. nickelbolt

nickelbolt Fuggedaboutit

Ratings:
    +886
    I hate it. But you know, I've seen it with my own eyes. Every game. Every snap. Every success. Every failure.

I hate it. I hate it. I hate it.

20. BajaBolt

BajaBolt BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +14
    It won't be easy, but it can be done. If we can beat the colts, I think we can go undefeated until that Tampa game. I think Denver will go either 4-2 or 3-3 the last 6 games. The key will be to go undefeated against the AFC. If we're going to lose a game, it has to be to the Falcons or Bucs. If we go 5-1 and the Donks go 3-3, we will be in based on better conference record (tied in the division).

Before the season started we all thought it was going to be an "easy schedule" this year, but it has turned out to be anything but. The NFL has a way of doing this to teams. It's a game to game league and a year to year league that's for sure. I think we all got arrogant and over-confident, just like the team.

At this point, our 16 games have been played or will be played against 13 teams with winning records, 2 teams with losing records, and 1 team that's .500. Basically like facing a team that are 11-4-1.

Panthers (8-2)- 1st Place. Were within 1 play of winning this game. This seems to be the difference between our season and theirs.

@Broncos (6-4) - 1st Place. We won this game and were robbed by the refs. 0-2 is not an easy hole to dig out of.

Jets (7-3) - 1st place. We thrashed these guys.

Raiders (2-8) - Hard fought game we should have performed better.

@Dolphins (6-4) - This one pisses me off because we seemed so flat compared to them.

Patriots (6-4) - Thrashed them.

@Bills (5-4) - Another really close loss.

@Saints (5-5) - Refs screwed us again on this one and Teddy's D could do NOTHING.

Chiefs (1-9)- Underperformed during the victory.

@Steelers (7-3)- 1st place. Defense played solid until the end of each half.

Losing the 4 east coast games (counting London), has been huge. At least no more 1st place teams until we get to the Broncos.

Colts (6-4)
    Falcons (6-4)
    Raiders (2-8)
    @Chiefs (1-9)
    @ Bucs (7-3)
    Broncos (6-4)

Let's get through the Colts and see if Rivers can get some confidence back. Every since Rivers missed LT on that pass to the right sideline and then sprinted off the field- he hasn't seemed the same. I wish those two would show some support of one another on the sideline because it's clear LT does not like Rivers and I think it's a shame. Not saying they have to be the best of friends, but there's zero discussion amongst our 2 top players about what they're seeing and feeling in the game and how they can work together to make subtle changes. I think the D played much better this last game- even though there was some yardage. Big Ben mad a couple of nice plays at the end by avoiding the pressure- but at least there was pressure.

We all counted them out last season and they went further than any other team but the 94-95 squad.

We've been inches away almost every game this season for being almost undefeated. We've been in every game deep into the 4th quarter. Man, let's hope things balance out and we start making the plays or getting the lucky bounce at the end of games.

Get to the Broncos game down by 1 and win that and most likely we will get the division nod over them based on AFC record.

21. BOLTS4LIFE

BOLTS4LIFE Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +542
    I said "Very slim."
    Meaning they're not mathematically eliminated but their chances are about the same as winning the lottery.

22. Ride The Lightning

Ride The Lightning Join the Dark Side, we have cookies.

Ratings:
    +1,746
    Pretty much.

23. Boltdiehard

Boltdiehard Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,171
    If we make the playoffs I'll donate one testicle for the greater good of mankind.

24. foober

foober BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +200
    I'm sure thats the mindset. As bad as the chargers have done so far they still have a fairly good chance of winning the afc west if they win out. Unbelieveably. And once in the playoffs they could beat any team. The chargers are a good team. But they've had about everything possible go wrong for them this year. Terrible luck might be the comment.

weirder things have happened.

25. Concudan

Concudan Caffeinated Commando

Ratings:
    +4,976
    SHAMMY!!!! :lol:

26. MasterOfPuppets

MasterOfPuppets Charger fan since 1979

Ratings:
    +635
    No, unfortunetly they are not, as a team they are a mediocre sub-500, unmotivated, undiciplined, and (yes B4L) badly coached, they have good individual talent but they are a bad team (4-6 is a bad team)

if (and that's a huge if) the win the next 3 at home I'll start believing in the 2008 Chargers again, but as of now I have very little hope

27. Ride The Lightning

Ratings:
    +1,746
    For the love of big titties, I wish everyone would kindly stop saying the Chargers are a good team. As of right now were are NOT.

Good teams find a way to win games like the one we were in yesterday. Bad teams find a way to lose.

28. Ride The Lightning

Ratings:
    +1,746
    :lol

hivemind

I was typing mine out when MOP beat me to the punch.

29. BOLTS4LIFE

BOLTS4LIFE Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +542
    Yesterday was an opportunity to show we still had some fight left in us and we were handed multiple opportunities a pound the Steelers!!!

30. Charger Dave

Charger Dave Dead account

Ratings:
    +1,028
    Thanks Lipz (and good to see ya postin). Have been in the doldrums most of the day here around the Pondee - dang flu isn't helping.

Of course you are correct - but the formula gets a little closer with each week. Harder for me to do the math after a loss like yesterdays. :icon_toast: