1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Weddle busts a jack move!

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by P88F, Aug 31, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. P88F

P88F BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +99
    This dude Weddle straight punked Hart for his starting position! 2 ints last night! Weddle is def the starter this year! If you look on NFL.com Weddle leads the preseason with the most INT! What really gets me is that the WHOLE forum is not man enough to bring this up becasuse they are all Trumpie soldiers :lol: Good work T-man. :tup:

2. Trumpet_Man

Trumpet_Man Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +654
    Get over the butt hurt.

Hart is starting. :abq2:

The REAL fans who watch the games and go to the games know the deal.

3. LittleTrain

LittleTrain BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +86
    Why can't they both start? It's been said FS and SS were interchangeable in this defense. Get the best two guys on the field.

4. P88F

P88F BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +99
    Mcree is looking pretty weak sauce out there :tdown:

5. Boltdiehard

Boltdiehard Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,171
    Both of them played well last night and AJ's philosophy is working well. :yes: :bolt:

6. Drunk

Drunk Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +202
    sell me your tickets.

7. Trumpet_Man

Trumpet_Man Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +654
    I have been saying since the draft to put Clinton Hart at FS and WEEDME at SS.

I do not want to see WEEDME playing FS. Not this year. A rookie calling the secondary coverages at FS is not a good idea. Let him learn and beat out Hart and until then, put them both on the field.

8. AnteaterCharger

AnteaterCharger Calibrating Bolttalk, Podcast by Podcast Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +2,928
    I agree with Trumpie for once

BUT I think you could move Weddle EVENTUALLY to FS because he has such a great knack for being around the ball

9. 400HZ

400HZ BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +15
    absolutely

10. Thread_Killer

Thread_Killer Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +680
    I love Weddle, but as of right now I prefer McCree’s experience back there, especially with us opening against two tough teams.

Hart had only 1 start in ‘06, lining him up alongside a rookie to make safety calls would make me a little nervous.

11. loweezy

loweezy BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +45
    In the debate of who should be in our defensive backfield. I don't think there is any doubt that McCree should be there. His leadership, preparation and experience went a long way with our secondary last year.

If you're going to judge him, judge him on his contributions since coming here, not on how he's "looked" in preseason games where the d is in basic packages.

McCree and Weddle would be my choice. They are both very heady players.

12. oldschool1

oldschool1 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +12
    Let's see how Weddle plays against an offense that game plans against us and doesn't play vanilla with third stringers.

From there you can make a proper judgement.

Otherwise, he's holding Hart's jock.

Oldie Out

13. Retired Catholic

Retired Catholic BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +347
    The only question at this point is when. Hart can still call the signals. If FS and SS are interchangeable in this defense, it makes no difference. McCree has experience on his side and leadership, but the truth is that Weddle always seems to be where the ball is and he gets his hands on it.

14. MadMike

MadMike Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +504
    Put Hart and Weddle out together. Screw the INT's did you see how many tackles Weddle made that game. The guy was everywhere and he doesnt miss tackles. They credit Weddle for 6 tackles but he was in on about 5 more. Really, Really impressed with the kid.

15. cranberry

cranberry BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +195
    Weddle will have more starting positions than Hart
    at the end of the season

16. 400HZ

400HZ BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +15
    Weddle is supposedly really smart. I bet he could handle it. He sure as hell gets himself to the right spot.

17. RipTheJacker

RipTheJacker Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +152
    Weddle and Hart should both be starters

Weddle/Hart>>McCree

18. P88F

P88F BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +99

ok and you can say the same thing about Hart :icon_huh: How many games has Hart actually started?

19. P88F

P88F BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +99
    AMEN

20. PowderLove

PowderLove Former Mod, Current Slacker

Ratings:
    +494
    Also, check the defensive stats - Weddle had 6 tackles to Hart's 0. Whatever the reason Hart didn't get any was, Weddle is around the ball.

21. cranberry

cranberry BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +195
    :tup:

22. turbo_turtle

turbo_turtle In Disguise

Ratings:
    +890
    I know that this game was a Preseason game.

I am now sporting major tentage because Weddle was all around the ball.

My Cherry on top was in the final 9er drive in which Weddles INTed it up to seal the victory for us.

23. Zeus

Zeus BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +83
    Weddle has A LOT more upside then Hart. Look Hart has all this experience and just barley beats out Weddle (even then more has to do with Weddle's inexperience then skill). They are going to put Weddle in, Hart is not going to be playing 100% of the time.

As for McCree's bad play the coaches asked him (forgot where I saw this) to keep the tone down since its only preseason. He has nothing to prove and I would hate to see him reinjure himself since he was still injured about a month ago. (They drained fluid during TC).

Weddle will only do better with game planning. See right now its vanilla offense and easy plays. However Weddle did not study the routes or look at tape. When he does Weddle gets more interceptions and does better. So if against a real offense expect Weddle to get more intereceptions and balls deflected as he anticipates and cuts routes.

24. fredfan

fredfan BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +3
    I'm thinking Weddle proves to be the missing piece to our secondary puzzle.

25. Carrie1219

Carrie1219 Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +2,022
    I'd not take the starting position away from the veteran just yet... but I'd damn well find a way to get Weddle out there... Hart will have to consistently perform to keep that starting job and Weddle will also get PT in the meantime.

Proud of my boy... The rookie who is qualified to take a starting spot... :nana_dance:

• Like Like x 1
  26. Carrie1219

Carrie1219 Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +2,022
    YES!

27. Thumper

Thumper WHS

Ratings:
    +1,467
    I agree, but I think Hart will start opposite of McCree. Weddle will eventually break into the starting lineup.

28. HEXEDBOLT

HEXEDBOLT Don't like it, lump it!!!

Ratings:
    +1,886
    Hart would have to flat line in order for Wed's to start in the first six weeks or so. After that it's on and Weds may win that battle. I like hart, he has a great story and deserves his shot but it's going to be tough to keep Weds on the bench.:bolt:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.