1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Weddle Excited About New Role

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by sdchrger, May 11, 2008.

1. sdchrger

sdchrger Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +820
    “He’s shown he’s a playmaker,” Chargers Head Coach Norv Turner said. “He’s a smart guy. (Becoming a starter) is just another step in his development. He’s obviously an outstanding player. With that group, we’ve got a lot of playmakers back there.”

The Chargers led the NFL in interceptions a year ago and believe their secondary has a chance to be even better in 2008. That belief is due in part to Weddle’s increased role. Hart can’t seem to say enough good things about the second-year pro who joins him in the starting lineup.

“He has all the tools that it takes to be a good player in this league,” Hart said. “He’s going to do great. He’s going to make it easy for me back there because we talk and communicate so well. He allows me to play my game and move around. It’s good to have someone back there that you have that continuity back there.”

http://www.chargers.com/news/headlines/weddle-excited-about.htm

I think that our secondary will be the best in the NFL nest season.

:abq2::abq1::abq2:

• Like Like x 1
  2. Buck Melanoma

Buck Melanoma Guest

Ratings:
    +408
    A lotta QB's are gonna get "Weddled" this year!! :tup:

3. Retired Catholic

Retired Catholic BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +347
    http://www.qcms.org/images/mrrogers_image.gif

Can you spell coverage sack boys and girls?

4. Buck Melanoma

Buck Melanoma Guest

Ratings:
    +408
    That's an exciting thought. It's been awhile since I've heard an announcer use those terms describing us. :tup:

5. foober

foober BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +200
    there is something about that weddle kid. Hesters gonna be the same way. Smarts , talent and hard work can pay dividends.:yes:

6. boltmanbz

boltmanbz Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +86
    ahha thats for sure:tup:

7. RM24

RM24 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +264
    They'll be "Weddled" and "Cro'ed" as well. Man, our secondary will be an interception machine this season!

8. in_a_days

in_a_days dgaf

Ratings:
    +1,018
    Kick ***!

It's kinda buried in the article, but basically it says right now Weddle is playing as our starting FS. When we go into a dime package Steve Gregory is stepping in as FS and Weddle comes to the line to play the dime-back role.

I think it's a great situation 'cause it puts him on the field for every down, which is key. But it also takes advantage of his versatility by putting him near the line when we play 6 DBs.

9. Retired Catholic

Retired Catholic BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +347
    We'll see how it shakes out in training camp and early on in the season, but who does a quarterback avoid throwing against in our defensive backfield, particularly if we drop linebackers in those kinds of coverages?

10. Thumper

Thumper WHS

Ratings:
    +1,467
    I think we got a few coverage sack last season. :tup:

11. Kwak

Kwak ....

Ratings:
    +683
    "We draft football players." -- AJ. This D is going to be fun to watch.