1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!
    Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers.
    We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Weddle says NO to the Vikings, re-signs with Bolts!

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by Concudan, Jul 27, 2011.

1. bigmike.x.09

bigmike.x.09 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +279
    Can I ask you an honest question? Do you actually PLAY football or have played football? I want evidence.

And Dirk used to be tall for nothing. He worked to get to where he is. Kobe Bryant is the best player in the league and he got swept by a just above average talent TEAM. You are clearly not getting something here.

2. Lightning_Dynasty

Lightning_Dynasty Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +310
    You didn't even read a single word I wrote did you?

Only other thing I'm going to say is Dirk's D is average at best. It's rare when he makes a big play on that side of the ball.

3. 1 COOL GUY 13x world Chmp

1 COOL GUY 13x world Chmp Jesus gives wisdom if you pray for it! Banned

Ratings:
    +4
    I in fact played football 8 years. I was mvp of the whole league each year as a D player mostly. (I love to win games for my team on D by int'ing or fumble recovery r forced fumble pick up run back :)) I led the league in tackles every single year. I once recorded a game where i made almost every single tackle solo or assist. I was even drafted in a special year where I went from an unbeaten team to last place team with no wins before i came to them. Then I had to play o/d and we went unbeaten. This is why I think not only do I have an near unbeatable system but as a player how to accomplish each position properly. Why do you think I sound so overconfident? U wouldn't even believe my football stats. This is why I believe no-huddle offense is the only way to play O. As i had to play QB before and didn't like losing so I got that idea long time ago and it worked to near unstoppable as long and WR's could catch the ball and not get defect int =(.

Please post #1 Mavericks *star Dirks stats in the finals his blocked shots and shots vs him % not made in the basket if you want me to understand your position better. He had a special year where he focused more on D than ever before I believe due to a total championship mindset pushed by their HC.

I could have played in the NFL, but I went to a dif sport and became #1 at it for awhile. :)

4. MasterOfPuppets

MasterOfPuppets Charger fan since 1979

Ratings:
    +468
    I'm sure he'd answer "naah, just wanna be average"

I'm confused, what does the second S in SS mean?

5. bigmike.x.09

Ratings:
    +279
    First things first, I don't believe that you played a single down of football because you clearly do not have the slightest clue as to what you are talking about. Second, Dirk didn't play very much defense. Look at what he did in the Western Conference Finals in Game 1. 48 points on 12/15 from the field, 24/24 free throw, 6 rebounds, 4 assists, 4 blocks. He averages just a single block per game for his career, 1.5 blocks per game being his career high. You have NO idea what you are talking about, please go back to playing Madden now. Your arguments are invalid, your logic is flawed. kthxbye.

6. MasterOfPuppets

MasterOfPuppets Charger fan since 1979

Ratings:
    +468
    That's nothing, back in the day I would eat ghosts, kill little pixelated aliens shooting at me and even beat a huge gorilla...

Wait what? we're talking about real life?

• Like Like x 1
  7. reef shark

reef shark BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +49
    i watched the finals, and dallas collapsed the lane against d-wade and lebron better than anyone this year. a lot of this was shawn marion against lebron too. and to say dirk is the only superstar when he shot 9-27 and terry shot 11-15 and basically won the last game for them, is ridiculous.
    idk how dirk got compared to weddle but its the worst comparison ever. dirk was blessed with size and weddle was not. you have to be a freak like troy p to be undersized "elite" safety in the nfl. like one other person here mentioned, i would want my FS to be a 6'2" 220 guy at least who will scare receivers and force fumbles, especially if hes going to have terrible hands anyways.

8. bigmike.x.09

Ratings:
    +279
    It's somewhere in the last two pages lol. It wasn't a direct comparison.

9. Concudan

Concudan Caffeinated Commando

Ratings:
    +4,173
    Ok. well stats like that, and skillz like you claim to have come documented. What is the name of this last place team you were drafted to, and what is your name?

10. reddenedbeard

reddenedbeard Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +112
    Conc .. do not question the Sword of Truth! He knows all. :confused:

11. Concudan

Concudan Caffeinated Commando

Ratings:
    +4,173
    :speechless:

12. Aggieman

Aggieman I bleed blue and gold

Ratings:
    +194
    :rolleyes: This thread...

13. Blue Bolt

Blue Bolt Persona Non Grata

Ratings:
    +3,378
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  14. NW Bolt Babe

NW Bolt Babe RIP Jr.

Ratings:
    +94
    Back on topic. Having been traveling when Weddle re-signed, I missed the opportunity to reply to this thread until now.

Effin' Eh!!! :tup:

15. CoronaDoug

CoronaDoug Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +814
    What sport?

badminton? table Tennis? tonsil hockey?

16. Nomadic Bolt Fan

Nomadic Bolt Fan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +334
    It must be the hair... :confused:

17. ThunderHorse17

ThunderHorse17 Lone Wolf

Ratings:
    +292
    Horseshoes actualy.

And its pitching a shoe not throwing get it strait greenhorns!!!

18. Lightning_Dynasty

Lightning_Dynasty Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +310
    Man don't be hating on table tennis.

After I shattered my right ankle, that's pretty much the only sport I can play. And on my campus we have guys who are ranked nationally in the top 10. So those games can get legit at times...

19. ThunderHorse17

ThunderHorse17 Lone Wolf

Ratings:
    +292
    :/ well I play table tennis, but its called Beer Pong. Im also not that good as I enjoy one side of the game over the other.

20. Cheapseats

Cheapseats Loud, proud Charger fan

Ratings:
    +247
    Polamalu has spent most of his career as a human highlight film and as I recall his last contract was pretty impressive at the time. I believe his contract is up next season. If he is not physically broken down he should get a pretty decent payday for what will probably be his final contract. With Weddle, he has been a solid player who career is on the rise and was the best value of the available safeties...and he cashed in.

• Like Like x 1