1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!
    Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers.
    We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

WEEK 04 - Random Observations Around the Whole League

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by Lance19, Sep 27, 2013.

1. Lance19

Lance19 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +1,728
    Screen Shot 2013-09-27 at 11.57.54 PM.png
    Okay, I'll start this off again:

Last week I looked very prophetic :tup: saying the Colts should NOT be 10 point 'dogs to the 49ers (Colts won by 20),
    but naive for thinking :whistling:--as bad as they are--the Jags shouldn't lose by more than 16.5 (Jags lost by 28).

Week 4: Surprised to see Lions a 2 or 3 pt. fav against Bears. I can't stand Cutler, but this spread can
    only be because it's on Ford Field...seems like a day to go with da Bears. :sick:

The only other spread that strikes me as weird is Bengals by only 6 over Browns...again, the fact
    that it's in Cleveland depresses the #, but still...I'd be surprised to see Browns cover.

Can I really be an :poop: Eli rooter :poop: this Sunday? Against the Chiefs, I guess I gotta.

I really don't see a "must see" match-up between two great teams, this weekend.
    Yes, Dolphins @ Saints pairs two 3-0 teams...but hard to say either team has been awesome, early.

Would love to hear others' takes on all the non-Charger games

p.s. Would also be great if--re. the Charger game--everyone posted in the
    Official Game Day Thread: Cowboys @ Chargers - 9/29 thread Blue is sure to set up...
    instead of 75% there, and 25% in the Nonsense and Non Sequiturs thread...for lazy readers like me...

Last edited: Sep 28, 2013
  2. Lance19

Lance19 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +1,728
    In Like Flynn

Raiders, after sending mixed signals, appear to have settled on Flynn as today's QB v. Washington.

Thoughts?

While the jury's still out on Flynn, in my book, I will say that starting against the only defense worse than ours is a nice perk.

And while I'd never question an athlete reaching for the big $$$, I did wonder at the time
    if leaving for Tampa would significantly harm VJ's long-term performance as a receiver...
    between his current injury woes, and the mess with Freeman re. the QB position,
    VJ may be needing to lick his woulds with stacks of Benjamins sooner than I expected.
    Any truth to the rumor that Clary "twisted his arm" to stay in San Diego? :cautious:

Kinda pulling for Texans today...more of a "Seattle isn't that awesome, guys" move, I guess...not pro-Houston...

CBS must be loving their 0-3 v. 0-3...would be fun to see full-of-it Steeler fans explain 0-4

And who the Hell survives the Breaking Bad finale tonight?
    I think Gilligan is sentimental enough to let Jesse live, and let Walt reap his just (crappy) rewards.

Last edited: Sep 29, 2013
  3. Concudan

Concudan Caffeinated Commando

Ratings:
    +4,232
    Good thread concept. Thanks for starting it each week L19.

4. Lance19

Lance19 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +1,728
    How The Mighty Have Fallen;

There's still 20 minutes to play, so the Steelers haven't lost yet...but oh, how embarrassing:
    I think the reaction of Emmanuel Sanders to the Roethisberger interception beautifully
    summarizes how a team becomes 0-4.
    In his frustration, Sanders turns away from the play, and throws up his arms. :eek:
    Unfortunately, the Viking who made the INT is getting up from the turf, untouched
    (luckily for Sanders, another Steeler tackled the guy, so Sanders' inexcusable blunder wasn't magnified)

Other updates: also w/ 20 minutes left, Chiefs ahead of winless Giants by a field goal

Jaguars < Community college football team.
    Jags considering giving Shad Khan's sweet, sweet mustache the QB start next week in St. Louis.

Lions & Browns both mocking my early predictions, so far... :tdown: Edit: I suck & I suck

...but thank you, Vikings...

Last edited: Sep 29, 2013
  5. Concudan

Concudan Caffeinated Commando

Ratings:
    +4,232
    Chicago may not be all they advertised. Cutler had a Cutler-esque day.

6. Lance19

Lance19 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +1,728
    GOODBYE CRUEL WORLD of BOLT TALKING...IN THIS ONE, PARTICULAR VESTIGIAL THREAD

WELCOME BACK--NOBODY AT ALL--AFTER THE GREAT CHARGER WIN OVER THE COWBOYS!!

Okay, another huge day in the NFL that taught me two things:

A) There's a silver lining to the Chiefs going to 4-0...I get to giggle at Eli's '69' passer rating (Peyton's must be ~143), and

B) There's no need to set up this thread each weekend. (It's not being used, the market has spoken...nothin' ventured...)

Sunday night's game is almost to the half, and surprisingly, only one TD on the board...
    and even that one is iffy, since, I believe it was scored by Matt Mulligan, the
    Official Rules of the NFL says the Falcon defense has the right to an automatic "do-over."

Thank you, thank you...no shows a week...tip your waitress

Screen Shot 2013-09-29 at 6.57.05 PM.png

Attached Files:

Last edited: Oct 6, 2013