1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Week 2 Has to Be Easier!

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by boltsnow, Sep 10, 2007.

1. boltsnow

boltsnow BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +56
    Based on our past couple of games against them, and yes, even though we lost last year I still believe we played an very good game. Especially the passing defense. LT usually owns them and I am keeping my fingers crossed he worked out some bugs against the Bears. Moss we usually keep in check and he actually seems to give up when playing us. Although I know he won't do that with the Pats. Norv HAS TO GET the other receivers included in these games it makes winning a little tougher without doing so.
    I just don't see the Pats being a better team then the Bears defensively and the points we score will hopefully make up for the points we may surrender defensively becuase Brady is definitely a better QB then Rex. Should be another good game but I predict we will win a little more definitively then this last win.:icon_toast:

2. Ride The Lightning

Ride The Lightning Join the Dark Side, we have cookies.

Ratings:
    +1,746
    You're high if you think it gets easier.

Norv loves to run the ball, but at times it was extremely Martyballish yesterday.

3. Concudan

Concudan Caffeinated Commando

Ratings:
    +4,979
    :no: It gets tougher. We are not going up against a perennial 3rd string QB that must have pictures of Lovie Smith and the towel boy. We are going up against one of the best QBs in the game today (God it hurts to say that about gey boy!).

Our pass rush was not very good yesterday. It MUST get better or the game will not only be harder, but 2 TDs wont win.

4. boltsnow

boltsnow BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +56
    That's a lot of why I say it has to get easier. Our "D" did not get to the QB the way I thought we would. Merriman was playing but hardly ever heard his name. Our pressure could have & should have been more visible yesterday. I must give some props to our DB,s/S also. Flo played a good game as did Jammer (minus the missed tackle). Weddle....what can I say. If they can bring him more often after the QB, he has some speed to close quick. As good as Brady is, we always seem to hold him in check and I don't see Sunday night being any different. Our backs have played enough times against Moss and I don't see them having any fear at this point of him. It's his job at this point to change history and history has been him struggling against us.

Let's hear it for 2-0 Bolts!:abq2:

5. Concudan

Ratings:
    +4,979
    I will post to that!

6. cranberry

cranberry BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +195

Easier because we know them better - yes.
    But it's a road game in a hostile environment, so let's check - maybe.
    as Norv figured out he wants a team with poise, so revenge
    will be an alien word, but everyone will be sportive aggressive.
    Pats have won big at NY so they are relaxed, the first drives will
    show how both sides will work. A comeback from behind ist the hardest thing to do so we have to try to go first on the board.
    The WR and Special Teams will be the key.

7. AnteaterCharger

AnteaterCharger Calibrating Bolttalk, Podcast by Podcast Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +2,929
    easier?
    against the patriots?
    you must be joking

try again in week 3 and 4

8. ntman68

ntman68 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +139
    The Chargers will face a defense that is probably 75% of the one faced on Sunday, but an offense 175%. I wasn't that concerned with bottling up LT for the most part... anyone can over commit players and contain a single position, but I was a bit disheartened that the rest of our weapons (Gates excluded) didn't take advantage. I don't think the Patriots pass rush will be as strong as Chicago's, but I think their secondary will be better. At the risk of sounding cliche, everything will center on the line play. I think our pass rush and linebackers will be fine, but I am very nervous about our secondary being hung out to dry if there is not quick and constant pressure on Brady.

I wonder if Moss just had his typical impressive team debut and will come back down to earth in week two. I sure hope so.

• Like Like x 1
  9. BoltzRule

BoltzRule Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +155
    I think offensively it might be a little easier, since the Pats defense is a little different and I think our offense matches up more favorably than they do against the Bears.

Defensively it'll be a much bigger challenge then it was against the Bears. If we play defense like we did for the first 3 quarters of the playoff game against them we can slow them down, but I think we'll need to be aggressive and physical to beat them down.

10. nickelbolt

nickelbolt Fuggedaboutit

Ratings:
    +886
    :yes:
    The Jets put ZERO... ZERO pressure on Brady. Their DBs and LBs were as bad as any I've seen. It was a total collapse on defense. Amazingly bad.

That said, this week will be another all out war. Their defense is not nearly as fast as the Bears', but the players will be well coached. It's gonna be up to VJ, Davis, and Floyd to beat the DBs and LBs. MORE CROSSING ROUTES, PLEASE!!!!

11. Concudan

Ratings:
    +4,979
    ZACTLY!

12. KimPossible

KimPossible BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +1,054

My thoughts exactly. We better be ready.