1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!
    Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers.
    We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Week 4 Pros & Cons

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by Concudan, Sep 29, 2013.

1. Concudan

Concudan Caffeinated Commando

Ratings:
    +4,190
    Pros:

Philip Rivers: Maintained poise in the pocket, made the throws needed when they were needed and audibled his way out of many situations. 35 completions out of 42 attempts for 401 yards, 3 TDs and 1 Int. Got your 200th TD today! WE ARE NOT WORTHY!

Offensive Line: OMG men, you all met the challenge, stepped up and played the most solid game I have seen from the OL this season. How did you give up just 1 sack to the Dallas D! Well done men, well done!

Antonio Gates: You are the NINJA KING, how do they not cover you? 10 Receptions for 136 yards and a TD that was like 570 yards (maybe only 56)! How do they not cover you?

Danny Woodhead: What a pickup, this guy helps make this O go… Could say soo much more. 5 Receptions for 54yards and 2 TDs. 5 Carries for 32 yards. You are the knife hidden in plain sight.

Keenan Allen: Welcome to the big league, keep it going! 5 Receptions for 80 yards

Vincent Brown: See Allen…7 Receptions for 41 yards

Donald Butler: Impressive game, just stop tackling the receivers before they get the ball… 8 Solo Tackles played all over the field.

Ryan Mathews: You have been the target of much ire, much earned, much not. Today you were a factor in the game. Keep it up young man, we need you! 4 Receptions for 41 yards. 19 Carries for 62 yards.

Lightning Dynasty & Lance19: Never lost faith!

Cons:

Concudan: Fussing and grumbling at the end of the first half, lacking faith…. You putz!

Game balls:

San Diego Chargers D: Not many people expected them to be competitive, but the D stepped up big in the second half, forcing some errant passes due to coverage. Now if they could cover a scrambling QB. The fumble recovery was the break you needed! You got it! Enjoy this week and let your confidence grow!

Rivers/Gates: The records owners of the most TDs for a QB/TE tandem in the history of the NFL and they keep on making it even bigger.

Last edited: Sep 29, 2013
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. Ikeman83

Ikeman83 Werter Pöbel

Ratings:
    +629
    I'm not going to lie, I thought that the wells had come off the team after the pick 6. This is definitely not a Norv Turner team. We absolutely dominated TOP.

• Agree Agree x 2
  3. Carlsbad_Bolt_Fan

Carlsbad_Bolt_Fan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,355
    Let's not forget we SHUT THEM OUT in the 2nd half.

• Like Like x 3
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. Razma

Razma Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +100
    Just good composure and playcalling. Really impressive win. Game balls all around.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Carlsbad_Bolt_Fan

Carlsbad_Bolt_Fan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,355
    Stat :

Rivers : Only QB in NFL history to throw for over 400 yards and have a completion percentage of 83.3%

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 2
  6. newjerseydamo

newjerseydamo BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +49
    I have to admit I was in this camp come third quarter, but extremely happy both D and O stepped up in 2nd half.

Hopefully once this team settles down and (we) get some confidence, they will keep making great plays and keep putting those wins on the board.

Loved the game!

7. Lance19

Lance19 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +1,721
    This one?
    Camp-Hell-Poster.jpg

(as usual, I go for the cheap joke,
    but, actually I was curious what
    "this camp" referred back to...?)

8. Fossil

Fossil BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +302
    Two words: Crez don!

9. Lance19

Lance19 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +1,721
    He so crez-y

Unknown-1.jpeg

10. Devo

Devo BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +17
    Pro was Johnnie Troutman at left guard.
    Yes, he had an offsides penalty, but #63 was pushing defenders around and played mean and nasty!
    He looked GOOD!

Another Pro was the d-line decided to finally make some plays. Thanks for showing up Reyes and Liuget! You have been missed!

Con is the horsecollar on Freeney that got him hurt but did not get a flag.
    WTF?

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. HEXEDBOLT

HEXEDBOLT Don't like it, lump it!!!

Ratings:
    +1,760
    The team never had that deflating moment even after the pick 6. Growth in the face of adversity is what I called it in the GDT. I like what I seen, these bolts were winning the majority of physical battles on the field and never let up.

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. Lightning_Dynasty

Lightning_Dynasty Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +310
    Oh, you flatter me. Thanks!

Pros: Everyone. The whole team stepped up and won today. Everyone made plays when plays needed to be made. This was a Chargers team who wanted to prove they new how to finish.

Cons: Donald Butler. Three stupid penalties that all should have been avoided. He lazily walked off the field on a substitution. He obviously made a late hit. And that Pass Interference was so blatant an old blind woman would have seen it. He played like a rookie today. Though he did redeem himself a bit when he made sure whats-his-face went down in the endzone after the fumble recovery.

13. TheBeast

TheBeast BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +127
    Pros:

Overall EXCEPTIONAL team effort
    Getting the ball to start in the 3rd quarter. Even with the disastrous meltdown in the Houston game, Rivers still scored on the first possesion of the 3rd. Keep differing if given the option to.
    Rivers is MVP like right now but that goes without saying. The decision making on his part is flawless right now.
    The AFC west is no longer the laughing stock of the NFL.
    Novaks been quietly coldblooded.

Cons:

Freeney's injury.
    Leaving our UNDERSIZED corners man-to-man on bigger receivers like Andre Johnson & Dez Bryant. They're constantly getting overpowered especially in the redzone. Nice adjustments by Pagano though.
    The amount of Cowboys fans at the game seriously what the hell was that...

I'm a happy camper, I can finally wear my "Rivers Knows" shirt to class now.

[​IMG]

14. matilack

matilack #therealagent47

Ratings:
    +2,610
    Pros: Offense

Cons: Defense

15. Concudan

Ratings:
    +4,190
    Hey the D stepped up BIG in the second half. Numerous coverage situations led to incompletions. A few diving secondary players knocking the balls away from Witten, who is one of the best tight ends in the game today. I was impressed with their 2nd half performance.

• Like Like x 1
  16. EOTL

EOTL BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +81
    It was pointed out on the NFL.com highlight reel for this game that Rivers' TD pass to Gates was the 200th of his career. Coincidentally, the 100th was also to Antonio Gates... and also against the Cowboys.

17. matilack

matilack #therealagent47

Ratings:
    +2,610
    That's fair enough, making them a Con for this game is probably a little harsh. I'm just really down on the defense overall right now, we never (except in 2006) seem to be able to click on offense and defense AND special teams at the same time.

All the D had to do is NOT regress, just repeat their 2012 performance and we'd damn sure be 4-0 right now with the Donks and Chiefs.

18. Concudan

Ratings:
    +4,190
    I understand, I am as well, I hope this last game was a sign of things to come.

19. HEXEDBOLT

HEXEDBOLT Don't like it, lump it!!!

Ratings:
    +1,760
    I sure as hell hope your kidding, Right????

20. Pointyearedog

Pointyearedog I love the smell of football in the morning.

Ratings:
    +1,147
    In two games within 4 weeks. Another NFL record.

Last edited: Sep 30, 2013
  21. Pointyearedog

Pointyearedog I love the smell of football in the morning.

Ratings:
    +1,147
    I was just thinking the same thing. I may off by a bit, (and not counting yesterday's game with Wash vs. Rayturds) but it seems that the AFC West has handed the NFC East their collective asses so far this season. Generally speaking.