1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Week Two NFL Power Rankings

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by WyomingBoltFan, Sep 22, 2010.

1. WyomingBoltFan

WyomingBoltFan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +312
  2. Ride The Lightning

Ride The Lightning Join the Dark Side, we have cookies.

Ratings:
    +1,748
    LOLPOWERANKINGS

3. mainstayjames

mainstayjames BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +9
    How do you drop in rankings after a blowout victory? And they note that we have issues on the defensive side of the ball? How many turnovers did the Chargers defense have last week? Here's San Diego's statistical rankings after the first 2 weeks of play:

Team Ranking___Overall____Rushing________Passing
    Offense________3rd_______130.0 (6th)_____303.0 (4th)
    Defense_______ 8th_______103.0 (10th)____170.5 (8th)

How does that warrant a ranking of 16? Tighten up Fox Sports...

4. Helmutt

Helmutt BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +17
    "While the absence of starting WR Vincent Jackson continues to be magnified"

Whatever....didn't seem to need a magnifying glass to see Rivers connecting with receivers all over the place last weekend, none of whom were named Vincent Jackson.

5. Pointyearedog

Pointyearedog I only put idiots on ignore...

Ratings:
    +1,734
    Word!!!

Pointy

6. boltssbbound

boltssbbound Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,554
    The Power Rankings guys clearly did not watch the Chargers play this weekend. The Jags had 6 points before garbage time. The Bolts' D collected 7 turnovers, and each of them was forced by the D. It wasn't like a bunch of fumbled snaps or like Gerrard pulled a Cutler and just let the ball slip out of his hands. Guys were getting their hands on passes, pressuring Gerrard into mistakes and stripping the ball. The Jags had like 31 yards rushing. After two weeks of play, the Chargers D has essentially had one bad play, the long run against KC. Clearly, the Jags and KC aren't the world's greatest defenses, but there's not much more the Chargers' D could have done against these two teams to prove they are improved from last year.

7. Alpenbolt

Alpenbolt BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +156
    Even a bit more bizarre is we fell three spots versus the week before. How does that happen after a blowout win?

But power rankings are pretty much silliness. Only thing that matter are the standings.

The SIM Rating looks a little more correct. We are #1!

8. nickelbolt

nickelbolt Fuggedaboutit

Ratings:
    +886
    I'm pissed that the Lions are ranked higher than the Browns. Total bullshiit.

9. bigmike.x.09

bigmike.x.09 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +280
    Uhhh what?

10. SDRaiderH8er

SDRaiderH8er Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,074
    well does that mean we are not going to win a Lomabrdi this year?

11. NORV4LIFE

NORV4LIFE NO MORE NORV!!!!!

Ratings:
    +58
    HAHAHAHAHAHA who the hell wrote these? Chargers 16? Donkeys and Chiefs ahead of boltz? WTF? We turned the ball over 4 times and STILL blew out jacksonville by almost 30 points WITH OUR BACKUPS PLAYING NEAR THE END!

Denver LOST to the Jags, KC, sucks and won by fluke. THere QB is awful and so is the rest of there team besides Charles and Their return team.

NY, NE, and a whole managerie of teams ahead of us?

COME ON PPL we scored almost 40 points WITHOUT JACKSON, Without, Mcneil, Without Mathews and this is what we get, demoted 3 spots? WHat the hell?

I know these guys are never very good with rankings, that they don't matter, and not to take it seriously, but seriously, what planet are these guys on? The guys that came up with that should seriously consider a mental evaluation. I mean how the hell did they come up with this? I'd at least like to know so I can try to understand how the pitiful broncos are ranked in front of us. Is this just a list of their favorite teams in 1-32 order or something??:icon_rofl:

12. NORV4LIFE

NORV4LIFE NO MORE NORV!!!!!

Ratings:
    +58
    These power rankings are more corrupt than BCS rankings.... i don't know how thats possible but its true!

13. RM24

RM24 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +264
    Agree I never pay attention to power rankings. They are pure conjecture and subjective. They don't mean squat as far as I'm concerned since it's speculative and opinion based. Whatever....

14. ThunderHorse17

ThunderHorse17 Lone Wolf

Ratings:
    +341
    So how many different recievers did PR hit 7..8? All I know is that as soon as DB or TB hit 6 or 7 diff receivers in a game it is all you can hear about how great they are at using every player as a scoring threat...

15. Cheapseats

Cheapseats Loud, proud Charger fan

Ratings:
    +373
    These "Power Rankings" are almost as bad as the pre-season college football polls... and about as useful as screen doors on a submarine.

Embrace the hate, people...the "experts" don't think much of our team and when this team wins the whole thing (hopefully sooner than later) they will call it a fluke. Around mid-season we will be able to tell the contenders from the pretenders. I believe we are a contender and I am OK flying under the radar...just get us to the Playoffs!

16. bigmike.x.09

bigmike.x.09 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +280
    Who?