1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Weird effin weather!

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Concudan, Jul 22, 2006.

1. Concudan

Concudan Caffeinated Commando

Ratings:
    +4,827
    A big storm just rolled into sun city with Lightning, Thunder, harsh winds (blosing portions of trees over), and swirling clouds.

In all my years in So Cal, I have NEVER seen rain in July!

2. Thumper

Thumper WHS

Ratings:
    +1,467
    It's just freakin' hot here in SD. I have no AC at my place. Never needed it before.

3. AthensPhilipRiversFan

AthensPhilipRiversFan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +331
    UMMM YALL...DONT U GET IT?!

IT'S THAT STORM BREWING....

THEM RIVERS GETTIN READY TO RAGE...

A SIGN OF THE TIMES....

THE BOLTS ARE BEING UNLEASHED....

oh God...i'm starting to sound like Trumpie...forget that last remark :icon_tease:

4. KimPossible

KimPossible BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +1,054
    Am I still in So Cal????

It was 110 in Murrieta today...:icon_eek: :icon_eek:

I went to Target with my daughter....walking from the car to the store was like walking into Hell...the sun was bright and hot and little clouds...the air still and stiffling.

45 minutes later the power goes out in Target which I knew was bad news for the registers and my cart was FULL...:icon_eek: One employee said there was a thunder and lightning storm...

I waited 20 minutes for the generator to come on and the registers to work...

Now it is thudering loudly, big sheets of lightning periodically and raining little droplets of hot rain...did you just hear THAT???

This reminds me of summers in Iowa or North Dakota.

Um this one right now is so loud it is kind of scary....:icon_eek: But it is now down to a brisk 95....the weather changed on a dime.

I like watching the lightning.

5. Concudan

Ratings:
    +4,827
    Am I still in So Cal????

Yeah its real weird, we got probably between and inch and an inch and a half or rain.

Weird July for so cal, but it did help relieve the heat.

6. AthensPhilipRiversFan

Ratings:
    +331
    since i'm doing my daily board hopping...i'll share this here as well.

yall just THINK it's hot....u should be here in Bama....what's the humidity like there??? If the heat here don't kill u, then u can bet the humidity will.

all the crops are burnt up. dang cotton is already blooming and it looks BAD...real BAD. even folks with sprinkler systems in their yards, their grass is dying. i aint ever seen it like this here in Bama. It's been like this since June. We need rain and a break in this dang heat and humidity in the worst kinda way. Mostly rain. We're used to the heat and humidity...well, as used to it as ya get.

Here's a lil ditty written by a great friend of mine who co-wrote "Have You Forgotten" sung by Darryl Worley. His name is Wynn Varble and he has a funny side that will just knock u outta ya seat laughin. U should hear his version of "I aint goin down, on Brokeback Mountain--That **** just ain't right." LOL!

"IT'S HOT"

air ain't movin
    not a hint of a breeze
    Lawd it must be a 100 degrees
    bad part is, it's only ten o'clock
    Man, it's hot.
    Think I'll go down to the store to get a cold drink
    Scald my legs on that black vinyl seat
    You can see the heart risin off the parkin lot
    It's flat out...HOT.

It's hot and I ain't just talkin
    Save a dog chasin a cat and they was both walkin
    They'll blame it on el nino but it's not
    it's just plain...ole...HOT

Barefoot kids on a black top road
    tippy toeing like they walkin on coal
    lil feets a fryin like tater tots
    have mercy! it's hot

talk about dry?
    man it aint rained a lick
    I caught a catfish this morning & he was covered in ticks
    If September's all the hope we got...

I'm here to tell you it's HOT
    It's just...plain...ole HOT!

----------You can check out more good funny stuff like this at www.toeroaster.com or www.mistletoeroaster.com or www.wynnvarble.com or www.bryan-kennedy.com (I have teased Bryan unmercifully for years that he's my future husband ohhh that man is soooo talllllllll and fills outta pair of Wranglers like..um...never mind):icon_eek:

Teresa

7. AthensPhilipRiversFan

Ratings:
    +331
    Am I still in So Cal????

typical redneck here....i absolutely LUV standing outside and watchin it storm! The lightnin and thunder...ohhh yeah...the wind...the rain...that's good stuff!!!!

8. Boltjolt

Boltjolt Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +402
    Waaaa, it rained in July in So Cal :lol:

July is thunderstorm weather here in Vegas. Kinda cool if you ask me. It doesnt happen a whole lot but i like it. Just dont like it when it gets real humid.

9. AthensPhilipRiversFan

Ratings:
    +331

helpful hint from da southern belle:
    DO NOT MOVE TO ALABAMA!! :yes:

10. Concudan

Ratings:
    +4,827
    I like the rain, it is just not something I have seen in So Cal in July.

11. Boltjolt

Boltjolt Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +402
    No plans for that, thanks :lol:

Id be misserable in real bad humid areas.

12. KimPossible

KimPossible BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +1,054
    Am I still in So Cal????

OK I was about to hit submit on my reply to this post about how I was outside on my porch and a big bolt of lightning hit across the street with a crash of thunder that sounded like a bomb going off so I ran in...but then ANOTHER big bolt of lightning hit very close with another crash of thunder and the electricity went out for a little while.....taking the internet with it...:icon_eek:

I do like watching it though...but from a little further away...It is cooler with a little breeze now....down to 90...I almost need a little sweater lol.

I need to get my little Mac laptop....at least I could play Spider Solitaire in the dark if it goes out again...

13. Concudan

Ratings:
    +4,827
    Am I still in So Cal????

More lightning moveing in. Shooed the family outa the pool. Nice day in all, given the rare summer rain and all.

14. Concudan

Ratings:
    +4,827
    Am I still in So Cal????

I have a friend now who is telling me this is all due to global warming, and Greenland, Antartica, and the north polar icebcap is going to melt, flooding all coastal areas, and tipping the world on a new axis...

He got mad when I told him not to be an extreemest over some summer rains...

15. KimPossible

KimPossible BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +1,054
    Am I still in So Cal????

No one day, one week, one month or even one year of odd weather can be attributed to global warming...if indeed global warming even exists...

Yeah we better get our life jackets ready since the alarmists have us all falling into the oceans lol...

I tried to jog...didn't make it too long...it's still too hot...

16. Concudan

Ratings:
    +4,827
    Am I still in So Cal????

Global warming and cooling do exist. The diverse species that lived just in our area prove that. For instance, to the east of you is Diamond Valley Lake. Mastidons, Giant Sloths, and Sabertooth tiger fossils were found there. Pointing to ta time when the land in which we currently reside were much cooler. The iceage was the example of global cooling. But these are things that take thousands of years to occur. It is not an overnight thing as some movies suggest.

17. KimPossible

KimPossible BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +1,054
    Am I still in So Cal????

I do believe they exist but take centuries to have any effect..."global warming" is the annoying (imo) catch phrase of the day...I think I will skip the Al Gore "Global Warming" is happening right this very day so we better be scared for our lives movie lol...

Cool that Giant Sloths and Mastidons used to wander around here...

18. Concudan

Ratings:
    +4,827
    Am I still in So Cal????

Indeed. It would have been cool to see these creatures. Though the sabertooth cats I would want to see from a long distance.

The fact that elephants roamed our area is kinda mind bogling.

19. KimPossible

KimPossible BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +1,054
    Am I still in So Cal????

That stuff fascinates me too...I like those TLC and Discovery shows about the dinosaurs and pre-historic mammals....

20. WonderSlug

WonderSlug Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +851
    Am I still in So Cal????

Even though this stuff is literally set in stone, they are always coming up with new, fascinating tidbits and theories about how they existed and lived.

21. KimPossible

KimPossible BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +1,054
    Am I still in So Cal????

And they make it so good and interesting...did you see the one about the new little Hobbit they discovered existed? They found several skeletons in one area and at first thought they were toddlers but they were full grown adults only about three feet tall just in this one area...they co-existed with the later cavemen and mammoths....this was a recent discovery in the last few years.

Hobbits were real! :icon_eek: Maybe they will find Gollum next lol...

22. WonderSlug

WonderSlug Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +851
    Am I still in So Cal????

Forget Gollum! I want that freaking Ring! :lol:

• Like Like x 1
  23. KimPossible

KimPossible BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +1,054
    Am I still in So Cal????

Me too...my precious! :lol:

24. RMANCIL

RMANCIL Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +223
    Hi Kim....:icon_mrgreen:

• Like Like x 2
  25. KimPossible

KimPossible BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +1,054

Hi Rmancil! Hope you and your family are doing well....:)

• Like Like x 1
  26. SDRaiderH8er

SDRaiderH8er Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,057
    I spent some time at Kadena Air Base in Okinawa, the Jungle was just outside my Barracks. I have seen those 100 + degree, 100 percent humidity days

• Like Like x 2
  27. AnteaterCharger

AnteaterCharger Calibrating Bolttalk, Podcast by Podcast Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +2,880
    weather in San Diego is like a good day back in New York; but then again this isn't NY and I don't have air conditioning in my house so I'm hot and cranky! I understand humidity and i can tolerate it but only when I have someplace to relax that has airconditioning

• Like Like x 1
  28. Concudan

Ratings:
    +4,827
    Buy a fan, or go see a movie.:tup:

Mr. Cranky pants...:icon_tease:

• Like Like x 1
  29. Carrie1219

Carrie1219 Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +2,022
    On global warming.

Kim, I have to say that this is one topic of Al Gore's that I might actually be interested in....:lol: :lol: I will definitely see this movie. You know, many experts have real concerns about this issue... It seems to be many of the politicians and big money that are less concerned.

We need to take better care of our Earth for our descendants.... I thnk we're now doing a lousy job.

OK, I promise I won't turn this into a political thread. :icon_wink: :icon_mrgreen:

It's so phucing hot here.:icon_eek: I'm used to hot, but when it's hot in the shade.... I hate it..:icon_evil: