1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Welcome To The Offseason - Who Stays, Who Goes?

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by Pointyearedog, Jan 3, 2016.

1. Pointyearedog

Pointyearedog I only put idiots on ignore...

Ratings:
    +1,733
    Really a simple question. Based upon your observations over the past season for this team, who do you think will be kept on, and who will get the boot? Go ahead and hazard a guess or feel free to share your opinion. I'm sure there are several players that really stood out, and according to some locker room scuttlebutt there are some malcontents that probably won't be taking to the field in a Chargers uniform come next season.

Pointy :unsure:

2. Dublin Bolt

Dublin Bolt BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +501
    Gone - McCoy (puhleeeze), Reich, many other coaches (I think Pags somehow survives unless new HC does not want him).

As for the players - gone are Butler, Robinson (puhleeze), David Johnson (how is he still here?), John Phillips, Chris Watt, Herndon, Reyes, Addae, Scifres, Dzubnar.

3. ChargerMike

ChargerMike BoltBruthaFromAnuthMutha

Ratings:
    +481
    tmp_6308-FB_IMG_1451911952894-356240808.jpg

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. MasterOfPuppets

MasterOfPuppets Charger fan since 1979

Ratings:
    +636
    everyone named Donald goes

• Funny Funny x 1
  5. Pointyearedog

Pointyearedog I only put idiots on ignore...

Ratings:
    +1,733
    I don't think that the Chargers will let any O-linemen go, simply because they don't have any healthy ones left.

6. HollywoodLeo

HollywoodLeo Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,414
    Gone - Chargers to LA

(somebody had to say it)

7. chahjah

chahjah BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +134
    Melvin Ingram accumulated 10.5 sacks this season
    Any thoughts on how much he'd settle for?

8. SuperCharger92

SuperCharger92 Winners Win

Ratings:
    +942
    Although I'd like to see another season of similar production, I don't think we could afford to lose him in 2017. So, I'd be discussing contract extensions this offseason with Ingram and his agent.

Although Ingram hasn't shown signs of it, I'm a little worried about the 'lavish' lifestyle he will live once he gets a contract. His mixtape he dropped last year suggested he had the best 'weed' and after losing to the Broncos at home he was out partying that night at Rick Ross' concert.

Anyways, think 4 years/$28m is fair. He's making over $7m in 2016, so I believe keeping him in that $7m a year average puts him near the top 10 for 3-4 OLB's.

9. The LBC

The LBC I'm a Real Prick

Ratings:
    +1,394
    To be fair, 3/4 of the league (rough estimate, but probably not that far off) smokes weed. They're just smart enough to know when they need to lay off in order to not piss hot and fail a drug test. He has 4 seasons under his belt thus far where, if he's been using, he's managed to avoid the positive test - so if he's doing it, he's doing it the right way.

10. HollywoodLeo

HollywoodLeo Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,414
    I don't care how much somebody parties or how lavish their off-field lifestyle is so long as it doesn't affect how they perform on the field.