1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!
    Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers.
    We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Welker helped off field with knee injury 5 minutes into game

Discussion in 'Smack Talk' started by IFiredCHart, Jan 3, 2010.

1. Sydalish

Sydalish Addicted to Sports

Ratings:
    +1,697
    I didn't say you deserved it or were being a drama queen hon - just saying a warning is not an infraction (which counts as points towards suspension) it's a warning, a "play nice" if you will. They are extended as a courtesy, not as "punishments", b/c posters like yourself are valued members of this community .

2. AnteaterCharger

AnteaterCharger Calibrating Bolttalk, Podcast by Podcast Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +2,641
    Welker out improves our chances as well as alot of teams'. I think people are grateful that he's off the field but not that he's so seriously injured (which i think we can all agree on)

3. LV Bolt Fan

LV Bolt Fan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +432
    I'd say it again.....But I don't wanna get in trouble. :icon_rofl:
    Read your post again. Tell me you didn't celebrate his injury. :yes: I think you're a troll and a PO? :yes:

How many more strikes do I have, ump? :icon_shrug:

4. LV Bolt Fan

Ratings:
    +432
    My user CP say's, infraction.

I stand by what I said. A troll is a troll. How about something is done about them?

5. LV Bolt Fan

Ratings:
    +432
    Except for a certain troll. :yes:

• Like Like x 1
  6. Concudan

Concudan Caffeinated Commando

Ratings:
    +4,223
    So you are saying that Norv4Life (AKA NoMoreNorv) is a troll... Just figured that out? But he has been our troll for a while now.

You have no infraction that count against you. The yellow dot as opposed to a red dot means what you got is a warning.

I hope this clears things up. If not well, move on any way... :lol:

7. LV Bolt Fan

Ratings:
    +432
    Whatever! :yes:

I'll move on when I'm ready. :yes:

How about you start banning trolls instead of Charger fans? :tup:

I've got a great idea for a poll. LVBF or N4L. Loser leaves Bolttalk, forever. :tup: Troll vs Charger season ticket holder. What do you think?

:icon_toast:

8. Concudan

Ratings:
    +4,223
    Over react much?

I mean really, get your panties out of the wad they are in. You got a warning, because of your actions. Not N4Ls, no one else but yours. Fact is N4L has done nothing to violate any of the rules of this forum. It was a WARNING, not an infraction!

You haven't been banned, No one ever mentioned banning until you just did, and there is no reason to mention it.

9. Chargers-Superhero

Chargers-Superhero Just win the Damn SB !!!

Ratings:
    +117
    Nobody TOUCHED Welker. It was the way he planted his leg after the catch and run. It was obvious the second it happened. Besides they have shown the replay 1,000 times since then, and nobody touches him until he hits the ground.

His backup is like him, and played good in his place. They should be fine, but I don't see them beating the Ravens anyway, and if they do, I don't see them beating us, with or without Welker.

10. bigmike.x.09

bigmike.x.09 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +279
    yeah dude, we've sorta accepted him now. he's like the ginger child of this community.

11. Buck Melanoma

Buck Melanoma Guest

Ratings:
    +408
    Sorry for Welker, but as for the Pats' organization, phuc 'em. Sorry, Buck Blincoe & Beer Guy, but I can't sympathize for your team. :no:

Do we need to start hosting cage matches? Sure seems to be a lot of anger on the board considering we just went 13-3 & are on the path to glory. :icon_shrug:

Perhaps the phrase should be "consume excrement"? :lol:

12. BeerGuy

BeerGuy BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +79
    I love this thread!

Totaly spinning out of control........

In case you've lost the gist, Welker is still hurt(MCL & ACL) and may not play at all next season. Brady is banged up and playing as such.

We'll win next week.

Then we're going somewhere warm to play, which should help our QB a lot.

See you soon.

13. !~BOLT~!

!~BOLT~! Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +205
    Warm weather should help the Ravens a bit. As for Tom Brady, I don't think humidity meshes well with his mullett. Maybe he'll get a do whack after his early exit.

14. Buck Melanoma

Buck Melanoma Guest

Ratings:
    +408
    Can't wait. :yes:

15. Concudan

Ratings:
    +4,223
    Ahhh I am nost so sure you get past this week. Brady all digned up, Welker out. Facing a mean D.... :icon_twisted:

But good luck to you...

16. sdchrger

sdchrger Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +820
    How are the Pats on the road this year?

:abq2::abq1::abq2:

17. BeerGuy

BeerGuy BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +79
    How are the Chargers in playoff games vs. the Pats?

18. Sydalish

Sydalish Addicted to Sports

Ratings:
    +1,697
    I'll take 0-2 vs 1-7 anyday, esp when we have a healthy PR, LT and Gates. Unlike in our last meeting. :tup:

19. BeerGuy

BeerGuy BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +79
    How about Brady @ 14-2 in the playoffs vs. Rivers @ 3-3?

How about Belichick @ 15-4 in the playoffs vs. Norval @ 4-3?

:icon_party:

20. vegasboy

vegasboy BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +21
    All good things must end.:yes:

Pats used to own Indy. How's that been working out for you lately?:icon_shrug:

A new era has dawned. No boneheads to save you this time.:abq2:

GO CHARGERS!:bolt:

21. powayslugger

powayslugger Feckless Slappy

Ratings:
    +181
    it won't matter Pats get beat in the first round and you'll be eating your words very soon indeed. Hope you like them with ketchup and mustard.

22. IFiredCHart

IFiredCHart Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +87
    I would have those gaudy numbers too if I were surrounded with the best starting cast since the SB Cowboys.

Heck, after seeing how good our stars are and how promising our backups look, I think the torch has officially been passed. My buddy tried to sell me that Edelman could easily replace Welker, but by the end of our conversation, I don't even think he bought it anymore. :lol:

23. BeerGuy

BeerGuy BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +79
    Which of these receivers were you referring to when you referenced "the best starting cast since the SB Cowboys?"

David Patten
    Deion Branch
    David Givens
    Bethel Johnson
    Christian Fauria
    Daniel Graham
    Reche Caldwell
    Doug Gabriel
    Jabar Gaffney

Those are the receivers that Brady did most of his post season damage with.

24. BeerGuy

BeerGuy BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +79
    Crap, I forgot Troy Brown.

Troy Brown is a hard nosed, over achieving football player that I will always have the greatest respect for.

He hardly constitutes a superstar, though.:no:

25. IFiredCHart

Ratings:
    +87
    I am talking about your vaunted defense, one of the best units ever to take the football field...not the greatest of all time, but in my opinion, the most underrated.

The skill of the individual players was off the charts, and the scariest thing about them is that they played better as a whole than the sum of their parts.

I respect your WR argument only so far as to apply it this way: all of the the receivers you mentioned pretty much turned to mediocre at best after they left New England, but who is to say that the same wouldn't happen to guys in the San Diego system? It is difficult to assess how much of the contributions of guys like Floyd and Naanee are a result of talent on the part of the QB and/or the WR.

I am not doubting Brady's ability by any means, and I think he is a great quarterback, but he his immaculate playoff record is due to more than just him--I think the defense is at least just as much of a reason, not to mention a money kicker and a hell of a defensive coach (and I do not mean Romeo).

26. Chargers-Superhero

Ratings:
    +117
    Years past doesn't matter. It's the NOW that counts.

When did this thread turn into a smack thread about the Patriots????

Why do we care about the Patriots????

Patriots are old news from other seasons.

I don't want to play the Patriots anyway. When we lost in 2007 we had a QB on one leg, and no LT coming off his 2nd rushing title. Pats fans didn't want to hear that as an excuse.

If we play the Pats again, and win, they will all be saying, Brady was dinged up, and they had no Welker. I would rather play the Ravens again to get revenge on the game they stole from us earlier in the season from week 2, than deal with the Pats drama again.

I'd even rather play the Jets.

• Like Like x 1
  27. BeerGuy

BeerGuy BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +79
    Wow! I'd figure you'd rather avenge the Divisional loss in 06 and the AFC-C lost in 07 over a regular season game?

Interesting.........

I'd like to see how my dinged up QB does against your juggernaut, no excuses from me.

I'm betting on my coach over your coach, anyway.

28. BeerGuy

BeerGuy BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +79
    My bad, I misunderstood your point.

Yup, Brady benefited from the synergy of that defensive unit. Who would have thought a collection of average players could perform the way they did.

Of course Brady benefited from his defense. I would never say otherwise.

29. Chargers-Superhero

Ratings:
    +117
    Don't get me wrong, I'd love to see Shaun Phillips knock pretty boy Brady on his ***, and have to be taken out of the game, but as I said, 2009 is a different season for this team in alot of ways. No egos, no listening to the media, this team is focused, and I believe most fans are just concentrating on this season, and not the past.

I'm sure if we play the Pats again in 2 weeks, alot will be brought up again, but this year we all are more focused on the big picture, not what happened in 2006, or 2007 with them.

Even if we play the Jets, the playoff loss to the Jets in OT from 2004 won't be a revenge thing either. Different team, different QB (Brees), just an afterthought.

30. IFiredCHart

Ratings:
    +87
    I will never forget 2007's loss to the Pats, as it is one of my best Charger memories. Why,you ask?

We were expected to get blown out 44-0 without LT, Gates, and Rivers, and a banged-up defense with an injured Merriman and Jamal. Rivers comes out on one leg, and keeps the game so close that my buddies (all Pats fans) were shocked.

We lost the game, but I think that was the game the team started to change, started to gain a heart, and most of all, the day the team found a leader and a franchise QB in Philip Rivers. It was the guttiest performance I had ever seen, and it was well worth the expected loss to see it.