1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

well, at least...

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by MasterOfPuppets, Nov 27, 2011.

1. MasterOfPuppets

MasterOfPuppets Charger fan since 1979

Ratings:
    +636
    1) Rivers didn't throw a pick
    2) Mathews played well and didn't fumble
    3) January will be interesting (looking for a new coach and all)
    4) The draft and the mock drafts will be fun (having the Chargers in the top ten)

gotta stay positive :rolleyes:

• Like Like x 1
  2. JohnnyX

JohnnyX 2017 Chargers Head Coach

Ratings:
    +378
    I'm looking forward for 2012 it is the end of the world afterall.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Pointyearedog

Pointyearedog I only put idiots on ignore...

Ratings:
    +1,733
    At least the drainage system on the field works well, just in case it really starts pissing down...

4. robdog

robdog Code Monkey Staff Member Administrator

Ratings:
    +268
    Well, at least I left the game early enough to miss most of the traffic and not witness the Chargers poo'ing all over themselves. #StayingPositive

• Like Like x 1
  5. Lancer 1

Lancer 1 Eternal Optimist

Ratings:
    +341
    I think we'll win just enough games down the stretch to avoid getting a top ten draft pick. I think we'll beat Jacksonville & Buffalo, and may even beat Oakland in Week 17 but only if they have already locked up the divisional title by then and are resting their starters in preparation for their playoff game the following weekend – also, Baltimore has shown a disturbing tendency to occasionally lose to subpar teams this season (Jacksonville & Seattle quickly come to mind) so we may even steal that game….

6. Dublin Bolt

Dublin Bolt BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +501
    I so like your optimism. Fair play to you but we will be lucky to win 1 more game.

7. Dublin Bolt

Dublin Bolt BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +501
    I so love the draft but no longer with AJ making the picks. I only hope we can replace him with someone who can draft us some impact players. And forget the high character crap, we need some vicious motherf'ers who like to inflict pain on people.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Lancer 1

Lancer 1 Eternal Optimist

Ratings:
    +341
    I think that once we are officially eliminated from postseason contention (1 more loss should do it) and the pressure is off, this team will relax and win a few games, to try to end the season on a positive note and to screw up our draft positioning.

9. powayslugger

powayslugger Feckless Slappy

Ratings:
    +276
    Even if we pick in the top ten... can we count on AJ not pissing it away? His numbers with #1 picks are worse Kaedings in the playoffs.

10. Moses

Moses Can You Stand The Rain?

Ratings:
    +358
    Taking the "every cloud has a silver lining" approach I can think of a few good things:
    1. It ups the probability that Norv and / or AJ will be fired
    2. It nets us a better draft pick
    3. Considering how many injuries we have, would we really have made any noise in the playoffs anyway? That one wildcard game that we'd probably have lost anyway is a small price to pay in the long run if it gets us a new coach and a good pick in a deep draft.

11. MMJ4mil

MMJ4mil BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +12
    I haven't really put my heart into this team since 2006 when I had season tickets and the chargers went 10-0 at home only to lose the first game of the playoffs to a mediocre NE team. Cancelled my tickets and have not been a regular to any boards because my heart can only get broken so many times. I am numb to this.

I sound like a bitter ex. I might possibly be

12. Pointyearedog

Pointyearedog I only put idiots on ignore...

Ratings:
    +1,733
    I was thinking along the same lines, it's been a good run having good players with good backgrounds. Now it's time to get great players, even though they may be a little flawed in character.