1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

We'll be OK!!!

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by BOLTS4LIFE, Oct 23, 2006.

1. BOLTS4LIFE

BOLTS4LIFE Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +542
    Yesterday's game reminded me a little of the first time we faced the Jets in 2004. We should have, could have, would have won that game but we gave it away due to turn overs. That's how I saw yesterday's game.

Now we didn't lose any players in that game against the Jets but I still think we have a better defense than we had that year. Even without Igor, Phillips and Merriman.

Secondaries... STEP UP AND INCREASE YOUR VALUE!!!! :bolt::bolt:

2. WonderSlug

WonderSlug Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +851
    Well, there are a lot of people ready to burn their tickets to next week's game because of what happened in the last 24 hours.

Most of them are on the UT and Chargers forums.

We have a few on this one, though. :unsure:

3. AnteaterCharger

AnteaterCharger Calibrating Bolttalk, Podcast by Podcast Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +2,929
    I need more whiskey

4. WonderSlug

WonderSlug Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +851
    I prefer tequila, being half ******* myself. :icon_mrgreen:

I like Patron brand the best, but at $80 per 750ml bottle, it's only for celebrating good stuff. :yes:

• Like Like x 1
  5. !~BOLT~!

!~BOLT~! Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +205
    i agree officially let cro in there and start,had he been starting all year our record would be the same and he would be that much more adapted. the nfl is about to find out exactly how deep we are. cesaire is not a great alternative to igor but decent. polk cooper dobbins harris and my boy speegle will be asked to utilize thier fresh legs this next month. i predict four weeks from now we will be hearing trade rumors of one of these studs just like when the nations found out who burner turner was. of course those of us that actually watch espn shouldve been made well aware of northern illinois 03 season.

Florence= nickel back
    cro= start him now and see what we got

thats enough for now. much does need to change but i agree with you BOLTS$LIFE and thats not just my homerism talkin

6. boltmanbz

boltmanbz Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +86
    yep its not even worth logging onto anyother forum but here

7. !~BOLT~!

!~BOLT~! Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +205
    tell them instead of burning thier tickets ill send them a crisp five dollar bill to burn and send me the tickets:icon_mrgreen:

8. BOLTS4LIFE

BOLTS4LIFE Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +542

We're ALL feeling down right now. That was A LOT to swallow in 24 hours and it makes me sick!!!:puke:

How the team responds to all of this on Sunday will justify our season!:bolt:

9. nickelbolt

nickelbolt Fuggedaboutit

Ratings:
    +886
    Try this Don Julio 1942 some time. You'll love it.
    [​IMG]

10. tboltzcali

tboltzcali Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +108
    u mean in 4 hours.

11. Trumpet_Man

Trumpet_Man Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +654

Puta madre that is good stuff..... :tup:

12. exodus

exodus Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +133
    Damn dude, go hit up a Trader Joes sometime. They sell it for about half that. Don Julio is tasty stuff too. My fave though is the Cuervo La Familia:yes:

13. Boltergeist

Boltergeist BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +111
    2 things. Don Julio is the ****...and yes...we will be fine. We will weather the storm the next few weeks and start kicking *** when the rest of our defense returns for the stretch run. Also, Rivers is going to be a bad *** with a few more games under his belt.

• Like Like x 1
  14. AnteaterCharger

AnteaterCharger Calibrating Bolttalk, Podcast by Podcast Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +2,929
    vodka or whiskey for me
    especially if its good scotch whiskey from scotland

• Like Like x 1
  15. Shamrock

Shamrock Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,243
    The DB's need to make some plays, especially in crunch time. SD needs to start closing out games, instead of seeing these fourth quarter losses continue - as we've seen for YEARS.

Win the close games ........

• Like Like x 1
  16. BFISA

BFISA Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,172
    word

17. TJBOLT

TJBOLT Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +19
    Take care of the middle of the field and we have to stop the big RB because or MLB suck at tackling where was Godfrey the hole game

18. megold0715

megold0715 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +70
    were going to be just fine ,those traitors can send me there tickets i have family in ny who would love to go to the games,the turnovers killed us and us trying to strip T.g. instead of planting his a** in the ground. Tackling one of the first things you learn in pop warner! its a new week were going to get it done sunday in our house ..12th man will be at work i dont want to be able to hear the guy next to me sunday when the rams offense are on the field,i predict at least 8 false starts for the rams with no voice monday for sure,megold":ny":rockout: :rockout: :rockout:

19. HEXEDBOLT

HEXEDBOLT Don't like it, lump it!!!

Ratings:
    +1,886
    I'm ok and have been, it's a damn game that can be influenced by mistakes. Three turnovers, and no defense will make us lose every time we step out onto the field.

AS far as the secondary goes, I believe we have the talent to play man and I would love too see these guys turned loose. It seems to me that we play to far off the WR in crunch time and this also aids in opening holes in the running game. With the talent we have on defense we should be able to shut just about any team down.

Get over it and move on, guess what?? they're going to play come sunday.:bolt:

20. Thunderstruck

Thunderstruck BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +272
    I think the biggest mistake a coaching staff can make is to start changing everything around because of a loss or two.

The o-line needs patience to gel under a new oline coach, a rookie left-tackle, and a new tight end, (though I do think Goff could easily be upgraded.) This is not a group that's been playing together for 3 or 4 years. Don't forget that. And the defense would look totally different if two things get fixed: We find a way to button-up our red-zone defense so it's solid like it was in '04, and we fix a couple things in our dime package (or maybe scrap the dime completely and stick with a defense that can get some pressure in the last 2 minutes of a game.)

On offense the only thing I want to see is for us to keep taking advantage of defenses focusing on LT, rather than simply handing it to LT against 8 man fronts and wondering why he's averaging 1 YPC through the first half. I'm not asking for Air Coryell, I just want us to have faith in Rivers and not get predictable.

If we're going to get impatient and start demanding changes when a unit hasn't gelled, what will we do next year if we draft a gaurd in the first round, we let Dielman walk because we think he's not good enough, we replace Goff with a veteran from elsewhere, and then the line--once again--struggles because there are two many new pieces and too many changes. Then we'll once again be demanding More Beef and the cycle continues. At some point you have to commit to the guys you think can play and let them have some continuity. More than any other unit in the NFL, the offensive line NEEDS time to develop as a group.

21. HEXEDBOLT

HEXEDBOLT Don't like it, lump it!!!

Ratings:
    +1,886

Excellent post, I'd rep you but what good would that do?

22. Shamrock

Ratings:
    +1,243
    Hardwick, Goff, and Olivea have been playing together as a unit since Game One of 2004.

That's plenty of time.

Fix it now.

23. Thunderstruck

Thunderstruck BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +272
    In that time they've also had 3 different line coaches. I agree, they need to get it together sooner rather than later, but I'm not going to start saying these guys all suck--not yet. I think the unit could be upgraded, but I don't think we need two or three guys, like some. RG can be upgraded. Beyond that, these guys can all play, they just need time in the system.

24. Shamrock

Ratings:
    +1,243
    I've got my focus on one guy. The scrub at RG.

Try MzuCOWski ..... or Lekk at RT, Olivea to RG. Something.

I don't think Goff is going to get any better.

25. tboltzcali

tboltzcali Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +108
    We need our WR's to show up, boot the injuries and get tough!

26. goboilers

goboilers BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +50
    we will be fine. we r going to win at least 11 games this year. though i wanted us to be great this year and maybe we need another year... but we will be fine :bolt: