1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Well, it looks like Jeff Fisher will be available soon...

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by matilack, Oct 21, 2009.

1. matilack

matilack Take A Knee McCree!!!

Ratings:
    +3,555

WTF MAN! If Norv ever did that?!?!?!:icon_eek::icon_eek:

• Like Like x 1
  2. Aggieman

Aggieman I bleed blue and gold

Ratings:
    +194
    baaaaaaaahahahahahahahahahaha!!!!!
    I love it! Couldn't see Norv putting on an Orton jersey though, however COULD see McDipshit wearing a Rivers one if he was in Norv's position. That dude is fiery and funny and unpredictable.

3. LaDeezie21

LaDeezie21 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +82
    Man, I don't know what to say about that.

sure they are winless but I would hate for my coach to do that even if he was just trying to get into my head.

Part of me is happy since I would like a coach with his intensity coaching the Bolts but at the same time what he did is just unacceptable.

4. HEXEDBOLT

HEXEDBOLT Don't like it, lump it!!!

Ratings:
    +1,886
    I'd rather we have Chucky than Fisher although I like the style his team play's with.

5. Zot

Zot Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +14
    Dungey.

Later

6. LaDeezie21

LaDeezie21 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +82
    Dungy.....

7. LT-Express

LT-Express Bolttalk.com Janitor since 06' Staff Member Super Moderator

Ratings:
    +434
  8. AnteaterCharger

AnteaterCharger Calibrating Bolttalk, Podcast by Podcast Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +2,929
    it was for a charity event in tennessee with Tony Dungy and Peyton Manning there. And apparently Manning is still the patron saint of football in Tennessee

It doesn't help but I don't think it should be blown up so big

9. powayslugger

powayslugger Feckless Slappy

Ratings:
    +276
    Nice thoughts--- but as long as there's AJ there will be Norv.

10. SDRaiderH8er

SDRaiderH8er Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,072
    exactly, it was for a charity event. Some people need to lighten it up a bit, they are wound up just a tad bit on the high side.

11. Helljumper

Helljumper BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +54
    I agree, it's not that big of a deal but let's be honest; if Norv did that, we'd all be calling for his head.

12. Aggieman

Aggieman I bleed blue and gold

Ratings:
    +194
    Oh that was the context, lol.
    Still, putting on the jersey of the team leading the division while you sit dead last is kind of a slap in the face to the fans, the fans that were there last season for a 13-3 season and had incredibly high expectations only to see the team start 0-6.

13. Kwak

Kwak ....

Ratings:
    +686
    It was for charity and it was a joke. <eos>

14. ChargersHooligan_22

ChargersHooligan_22 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +6
    ....fcuk the titans. those dirty bastards injured gates in divisional playoffs 07-08.

different game if gates played afc championship at 100%.

prolly woulve went to super bowl that year:censored:

i hope they lose every game:icon_rofl:

15. Ride The Lightning

Ride The Lightning Join the Dark Side, we have cookies.

Ratings:
    +1,746
    I'd be stoked if Fisher was our new HC.

16. BoltzRule

BoltzRule Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +155
    Eh I don't think what Fisher did was bad.

But you know there would be a lynch mob if Norv put on a Raiders jersey and did something like that. No matter in what context.

17. nflhof

nflhof BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +96
    I despise Jeff F-ing Fisher. He was the one who put the hit on Merriman when he ran into Vince Young two years ago. Fisher sent Bo Scaife in motion from the outside and took Merrimans knee out on a chop block. He was pissed off at Shawne for bumping into pansy *** Vince Young. F Jeff Fisher. If he he becomes our coach I will be first in line with "Fire Jeff Fisher.com" I truly hate him and wish him nothing but pain that little b!tchass punk. NO JEFF FISHER.

18. Ray Dahayder

Ray Dahayder BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +33
    If that's the case, then it was funny. Sometimes, people, you need a sense of humor. After all, these are games, not civil wars.

19. HEXEDBOLT

Ratings:
    +1,886
    I wish we had some guys that would do what they were told. You call it dirty play, I call it money play. It's all about the ring and nothing more.

20. BoltzRule

BoltzRule Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +155
    Would you be pissed if Ray Lewis hit Rivers and Jeff Fisher decided to put a "hit" on Ray? Merriman didn't do anything dirty, but I don't hate the Fisher for what he did.

21. Buck Melanoma

Buck Melanoma Guest

Ratings:
    +408
    I don't like or want Fisher, but that was funny & done in a very valid context.

Lighten up, Francis. :lol:

22. nflhof

nflhof BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +96
    If Merriman did something dirty then he gets whats coming to him. VY is, was a bad QB and Jeff Fisher is wrong for doing what he did. He totally overreacted, thats why I am not a fan.

23. nickelbolt

nickelbolt Fuggedaboutit

Ratings:
    +886
    It was a fundraiser/benefit... not a pep rally for the Colts.

Fisher has tried EVERYTHING to get his team to win this year. He's on Sirius every week doing interviews and he always sounds like he's got his chin up. Never sounds like a loser or someone who has thrown in the towel. Never sounds confused or unsure.

He meant no disrespect to his team and I'm sure the players know that.

If this was a first year head coach or a coach whose team had never had any success, I would criticize the shiit outta' him. But Jeff Fisher knows how to win... and he will win again.

Unlike Buck, I would love to have him here in SD.

• Like Like x 1
  24. Buck Melanoma

Buck Melanoma Guest

Ratings:
    +408
    He's a cawksucker - but not because of his little charity deal. I could care less about that.

He sits on the competition committee & helps to decide on rules that help to keep the sportsmanship in the game, but then promotes dirty tactics by his players. I call that being a hypocrite & I don't have much use for those.

25. nickelbolt

nickelbolt Fuggedaboutit

Ratings:
    +886
    Buck... right now I'll take some dirty tactics versus showing up on Sundays and bending over to take it in the poop chute. :lol:

26. HEXEDBOLT

Ratings:
    +1,886
    Dirty play? I'm all for it.

27. titanfan24

titanfan24 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +77
    We call it "playing to the echo of the whistle"......LOL!!

Fish was trying to be funny, but the timing was all wrong. In his defense, he was scheduled to be Tony Dungy's presenter before the season went in the sh***er, so maybe he had this prepared way before 0-6, 59-0.

As mad as I am at Fisher right now, I have to admit, after watching Norv run Sproles up the middle in two games in key situations on 3rd and 4th down makes me appreciate the Moustashed Mullet.

Jeff may end up replacing Wade Phillips in Dallas.....that has been rumored for a while, since he and Jerrah work so close on the Competition Committee. He would never work for a guy in the football office like AJ Smith......wouldn't work.

28. Buck Melanoma

Buck Melanoma Guest

Ratings:
    +408
    That **** catches up with you sooner or later. Looks like Mr. Fisher's dogma is getting run over by his karma right now.

There are a few guys that I'd take before I'd stoop that low. I think he'd be a great fit in Oakland, though. :icon_twisted:

29. HEXEDBOLT

Ratings:
    +1,886
    I never said I wanted Fisher in Dego, just that I don't mind a little bit of mean spirited play now and then.

People used to get down on Rodney all the time. I loved his play and wish we had 11 guys on defense just like him.

30. Buck Melanoma

Buck Melanoma Guest

Ratings:
    +408
    Rodney will always be one of my favorite Chargers. I'm all for playing until the whistle & having a nasty attitude.

What I'm against is acting like you belong on a competition committee when you promote dirty play from your players.

I'm only speaking for myself regarding Fisher. Everyone else can think what they want of him. I just happen to think that he's as big an *** as Bellichick - just not as successful. :lol: