1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Wentz or Goff To Have Better NFL Career?

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by Lance19, Apr 27, 2016.

Wentz or Goff To Have Better NFL Career?

Poll closed Apr 28, 2016.
  1. Wentz

2. Goff

1. Lance19

Lance19 BoltTalker

Oct 2, 2011
    Measured after 3 full seasons, which QB do you expect to be considered the superior one by March, 2019?

I have an obvious (Golden Bear) conflict of interest...and I really see these two guys as
    almost a coin toss, at this point. But since Wentz is almost 2 years older, I just think
    Goff has a bit more room to grow, in the next few years. Of course, there's no great way to
    phrase the question: Many around the league consider Eli to be superior to Rivers,
    by virtue of the two rings...but to my way of thinking, Rivers has clearly been the better
    NFL quarterback, overall. I honestly expect--all other things being equal--Goff & Wentz
    to perform well--if not spectacularly--over the next 3 years.
    Last edited: Apr 27, 2016
  2. Andres M188

Andres M188 BoltTalker

Jan 19, 2015
    Am I the only one that thinks they are both going to be bad? I could be wrong but I see nothing more than a Joe Flacco ceiling for these guys...
  3. The LBC

The LBC I'm a Real Prick

Jun 28, 2010
    I don't think either one is going to be great. Both stand a fair shot at being "good," but Goff maxes out for me as a slightly-quicker-to-read Matt Ryan (i.e. someone similar to Eli - he'll be as good as the talent around him allows him to be). Wentz is a less-developed Blake Bortles with a stronger arm and if/how he develops will largely depend on how quickly he's forced into action and whether his coaches can retool his footwork between now and then. He could fall anywhere between another Matthew Stafford and another Donovan McNabb (not a comp chosen because of the team he's going to but rather because if he hits his benchmarks they have some very similar traits) - I'm just concerned he may be one of those guys who sees it in the film room but has trouble translating it to the field when it comes to the mental game.
  4. JohnnyX

JohnnyX 2017 Chargers Head Coach

Oct 7, 2010
    I voted Wentz, I just see a legitimate NFL QB. I think he'll be a better stronger Andy Dalton.

I feel if Goff can hold up (very slim frame for a QB) health wise he can be a Elite QB

So uhh...both for me.
  5. Fouts

Fouts I heart Deano!

Aug 17, 2007
    Flip a coin then minus 33 / 2. :tup: