1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

We're not getting respect on the national level, but our division has taken notice:

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by mandude, Apr 8, 2008.

1. mandude

mandude BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +59
    http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_8805021

Great article. Lot's of props from Herm Edwards, and Shanahan. A lot of respect is being given to our organization, and they are using our team as a model on how to re-build.

Good read.

• Like Like x 1
  2. BOLTS4LIFE

BOLTS4LIFE Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +542
    We're not getting respect on the national level, but our division has taken notic

Good read, indeed. Thanks!!:tup:

The Quiefs could possible be the 2007 Dolphins this season!!

3. sdbound

sdbound Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +942
    We're not getting respect on the national level, but our division has taken notic

IMO, Kansas City will be are biggest threat to the Chargers over the next 5+ years, although not this year. Herm Edwards is a smart, low key, no bullshit coach from the Dungy tree. He tells it like it is. KC is starting over, building through the draft. And that is the way to build a consistant winner. Although Peterson is over his head and could derail the plan.

Denver is ****ed with Shanahan at the reins, he knows he must win now to save his job therefor he is not building his team correctly. As a result they are taking risks on questionable draftees and free agents. Even if Shanahan is fired after '08 it will still take 4-5 years minimum to turn the donkeys into a contender again.

Oakland is ****ed with Al Davis running the show. He has become a cartoon character of himself. And even after he leaves there will be a huge power struggle and a general lack of direction that will keep them in basement for a long time.

4. BOLTS4LIFE

BOLTS4LIFE Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +542

Don't you mean "five years later?" :lol:

5. EsDee_in_RI

EsDee_in_RI Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +133

I agree, Edwards looks like a fundamentals first type coach. If the Jets weren't so f'ed up he would have taken them far.

6. foober

foober BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +200

It looks to me like the chargers have the final say in anything that happens in the nfl now. Best roster bar none. Just have to seal the deal. Plus not have an ashwipe head hunting cheapshot team like the titans take out two or three of our starters would help.

To win it all it really appears you just have to have things fall into place. If ladanian hadn't had that bad hit that hurt his knee we would have probably won the whole thing. There are forces out there that decide things.

Very good backups is the name of the game now. Football is a war. And the survivor wins.

7. Retired Catholic

Retired Catholic BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +347

These guys have to respect us. They stare at a score board with Bolts on it twice a year. The other teams in the league respect us. The arrogant press east of the Rockies and the fans they lead around by the nose are the ones who dis us, aside from a few muddle headed ego maniacs on certain rosters.

8. Holy_Bolt

Holy_Bolt Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +362

Wow...that was an enjoyable read. Thanks for posting it. :tup:

Is this what respect feels like? :icon_shrug:

• Like Like x 1
  9. HEXEDBOLT

HEXEDBOLT Don't like it, lump it!!!

Ratings:
    +1,886

I don't care what the national media have to say about our Bolts. It's what the teams that see us on their schedule think, I don't care if they respect us, I want them to fear us. When you play the Bolt's your in for 3 hours of pain.

• Like Like x 3
  10. TheLash

TheLash Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +715

For proof, we take you to the standings, where the Chargers are 25-7 over the past two seasons. The Broncos are 16-16, the Chiefs 14-18 and the Raiders 6-26.

I feel stroked:tup:

11. Kwak

Kwak ....

Ratings:
    +684

Many fans want his head on a platter. They are not happy at all with his moves.

12. Buck Melanoma

Buck Melanoma Guest

Ratings:
    +408

I love it!! There's us, then the rest of the AFC West. The way I see it, the Chiefs are at least 2 years away from being a sound team again, IF Edwards is kept there to develop the young players. The Mile High Nags are going to continue to dig a hole for awhile - Shanahan is too arrogant to admit that his plans have failed. Oakland? They may have the second-best record in the division this year, but c'mon - become a winner with Al Davis at the helm? :icon_rofl:

The national respect comes this year. I said before last year that we'd go to the AFCCG last year, take it all this year. I still believe that's the scenario.

Prepare to be champions!!!! :bolt: :abq2:

13. Buck Melanoma

Buck Melanoma Guest

Ratings:
    +408

I love it!! There's us, then the rest of the AFC West. The way I see it, the Chiefs are at least 2 years away from being a sound team again, IF Edwards is kept there to develop the young players. The Mile High Nags are going to continue to dig a hole for awhile - Shanahan is too arrogant to admit that his plans have failed. Oakland? They may have the second-best record in the division this year, but c'mon - become a winner with Al Davis at the helm? :icon_rofl:

The national respect comes this year. I said last offseason that we'd go to the AFCCG last year, take it all this year. I still believe that's the scenario.

Prepare to be champions!!!! :bolt: :abq2:

14. Retired Catholic

Retired Catholic BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +347

New England did well by picking up some key receivers to bolster a position. Oakland's wholesale spending will probably backfire with inflated expectations and deflated cap space. Davis's roster moves haven't been made with an eye toward how these guys actually fit the team. Denver's free agent orgy backfired over time. Davis is looking more and more like Gloria Swanson in Sunset Strip.