1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

We're Talking About Practice (Squad)

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by Lancer 1, Sep 6, 2015.

1. Lancer 1

Lancer 1 Eternal Optimist

Ratings:
    +341
    • Like Like x 1
  2. Pointyearedog

Pointyearedog I only put idiots on ignore...

Ratings:
    +1,734
    Are they still making up their minds on the other three?

3. matilack

matilack Take A Knee McCree!!!

Ratings:
    +3,556
    Or negotiating with other PS eligible free agents.

4. AnteaterCharger

AnteaterCharger Calibrating Bolttalk, Podcast by Podcast Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +2,931
    So far those are great additions to the PS and guys I'm sure the team really wanted to hang onto.

5. tito

tito BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +133
    The Chiefs claimed TE Parker which is unfortunate, he had some raw ability. Pretty good squad so far, most of these guys were a hair away from making the roster.

Last edited: Sep 6, 2015
  6. MadMike

MadMike Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +504
    Sorenson being signed right now, that makes 8

7. JohnnyX

JohnnyX 2017 Chargers Head Coach

Ratings:
    +378
    How long can be on PS? His been on it since '13

8. Dublin Bolt

Dublin Bolt BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +505
    A TE, ex Ram is on his way. Alex Bayer is his name. Know nada about him apart from the fact that he recovered Keenan Allen's muffed punt.

9. Pointyearedog

Ratings:
    +1,734
    Bolts Add 3 To Round Out Practice Squad

From The Chargers.com Website

The San Diego Chargers filled the remaining three spots on the practice squad with one familiar face and two new additions.

After spending 2013 on the active roster and the end of 2014 on the practice squad, QB Brad Sorensen was added on Monday after being waived on Saturday. The former seventh round pick was 38-of-69 for 336 yards and one touchdown this preseason.

Joining Sorensen is former St. Louis Rams tight end Alex Bayer. A 6-4, 258-pound product out of Bowling Green, Bayer appeared in six games in 2014 contributing mainly on special teams. He recovered a fumble last season against the Chargers, and had three catches this preseason for 18 yards.

Finally, the Bolts added versatile guard Michael Ola, who started 12 games last season for the Chicago Bears at every position except center. The 6-4, 312-pounder spent two seasons in the CFL with the Montreal Alouettes before joining the Bears in 2014.

10. Dublin Bolt

Dublin Bolt BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +505
    If this Ola guy is the player I'm thinking of... I used wonder how the hell he was playing on an offensive line in the NFL. He was that bad.

(but he might not be the player I'm remembering.... I hope not)

11. Pointyearedog

Ratings:
    +1,734
    To be honest, I thought I heard someone mention his name as a possibility to be a player that we could use. But again, I may be off on this. Don't know much about him at all... Yet.

12. MadMike

MadMike Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +504
    Pretty sure this is his last year eligible. Needs to show up though season and offseason, most likely drafting another young QB next year if not.