1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

What about Faneca?

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by VAN DA KNIGHTMAN, May 23, 2007.

1. Concudan

Concudan Caffeinated Commando

Ratings:
    +4,979
    We dont have the cap space.

2. RipTheJacker

RipTheJacker Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +152
    He will end up in arizona either this year or for sure next year

3. AnteaterCharger

AnteaterCharger Calibrating Bolttalk, Podcast by Podcast Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +2,931
    probably but still him at RG would make this OL unstoppable

4. LIGHTS-OUT

LIGHTS-OUT BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +5
    i want him...

• Like Like x 1
  5. matilack

matilack Take A Knee McCree!!!

Ratings:
    +3,556
    I want him, but we cant afford him.

6. ETicket

ETicket Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +367
    Why not? Lay out the numbers for me. I thought we had some room left.

7. TJBOLT

TJBOLT Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +19
    Have we ever made a trade with Pitt?
    i know it will never happen but if it did it will be more of an impact that Moss to the Patriots.

8. sdchrger

sdchrger Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +820
    The price it would take to get him in terms of draft picks and cap space would be way to much for a luxury player. We already have one of the better guard tandems in the league.

9. AnteaterCharger

AnteaterCharger Calibrating Bolttalk, Podcast by Podcast Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +2,931
    What do people think Pitt would want? A second rounder? Not to mention Faneca will be a FA next year so then we also have to sign him to a big ol' contract

10. Retired Catholic

Retired Catholic BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +347
    The only way a trade like this would make sense, considering the expense-even if we had the cap room, is if it would fill a crying need. This one doesn't. Considering the the lack of critical needs on this roster after the draft we had, I don't know that there are any available players out there now that I would trade for. Anyone out there who would be a real upgrade to any position on our roster is not apt to be on the market. Maybe if someone offered us the likes of Larry Fiztgerald or Darrell Jackson, it might be worth considering if it wouldn't break the bank. Even then, I don't know if I'd pull the trigger for the likely price tag. So far, I like our guys just fine.

11. ETicket

ETicket Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +367
    We could've had DJ for a song. SF gave up just a 4th round pick. He would've been a nice addition for the next couple years while Davis develops. Like I said back when DJ was available... I don't understand why we don't look at a guy like this. He doesn't have a "tude" (Moss) or have dinosaur arms (Boston) and his tank isn't empty (McCardell).

12. Retired Catholic

Retired Catholic BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +347
    Geez, how did I miss this one. I find it hard to figure why they wouldn't grab him. They had extra picks, they had depth to trade with. Go figure.

:icon_huh: