1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

What about Jammer?

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by Boltdiehard, Aug 7, 2006.

1. Boltdiehard

Boltdiehard Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,171
    If I've missed any reports on Jammer I apologize but I was wondering if any of the locals have watched him in camp and if so how does he look? I believe he's in a contract year as well so that should make his play a little more interesting IMO.

Thanks in advance.

2. Boltdiehard

Ratings:
    +1,171
    Can someone please delete the multiple thread.

3. Shamrock

Shamrock Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,243
    What multiple thread?

4. Boltdiehard

Ratings:
    +1,171
    Well I did find this on Chargers.com board:

Pretty nice although I'm not sure who he's matched up against.

• Like Like x 1
  5. MtlBoltsFan

MtlBoltsFan Jesse Ventura/Howard Stern 2016

Ratings:
    +383
    This thread should be called "WHAT A BUTT JAMMER" but that aside, Jammer is one of the best if not the best pure cover corners in the NFL and same goes for his tackling abilities. I have been saying this since before the 2004 season but there's always those munchkins who think defensive backs have to intercept passes to be successful and that it doesn't matter how often they get beat while gambling for one as long as the finish the season with 5 or more INTs, even if they were all easy tip-drill style ints. Doesn't take a genius to realize that the job of a cornerback; #1 to cover #2 to support the run #3 to make plays on the ball when it's thrown your way, in that order. Sure it would be nice for him to have confidence that he won't lose his footing but I'll take a Jammer who is erratic making plays on the ball over 95% of the CBs in the NFL.

6. SanDiegoRon

SanDiegoRon BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +321
    he suxx....

and there you have it... somewhere in between my and MTL's opinion... the leopards spots have not changed...

:lol:

7. Shamrock

Ratings:
    +1,243
    Bingo !

I love the camp reports from people saying "Jammer is still playing 10 yards off the ball".

That's the damn coverage, not something to bash Jammer. That's how Marty/Wade want them to play. Support the run and don't get beat deep.

Also, the stray report of "player X got beat by rookie scrub Y" is only useful for message board fodder. Was player X working on a new technique? Was he playing in a spot he normally doesn't? Was the coach implementing a scheme for the very first time? Was it a cover-2 and the safety blew it, but the CB trailed the play anyway? Was it cover-4 and the safety didn't get over in time? Was it cover-3 and the CB thought it was cover-2?

I love the reports, but many times the context is skewed, simply because us fans don't know the total picture of what is happening.

I'm not worried about Jammer at all. I think we'll get pretty much the same from him we've always got. He won't give up many deep passes, he'll support the run, and he will have bonehead ball hawking skills. If he gets some INT's - then great. If he doesn't, then I'm still satisfied with the solid play he gives this defense.

• Like Like x 1
  8. SanDiegoRon

SanDiegoRon BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +321
    we agree... :icon_rofl: :icon_rofl:

9. Trumpet_Man

Trumpet_Man Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +654
    Agreed as well.

The whole story needs to be told here. The secondary coaching has been on par with the special teams coaching for starters.

The free safety play has been inconsistent since before Rodney left - yes - BEFORE Rodney left.

The play of the D-Line has been hideous until last year when it showed some life but is still not the force it needs to be. Without that D-line pressure and no help over the top, jesus christ would get torched playing cornerback. Jammer has held his own despite the crap over the top and the crap in the trenches.

Without Jammer, we are in a world of hurts.

10. SanDiegoRon

SanDiegoRon BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +321
    Saturday Night, WHEN he leaves his man to double cover a TE after getting turned around.... I'll remind you.... :lol:

11. Shamrock

Ratings:
    +1,243
    Osgood sucks.

Glad you see it my way.

:icon_razz:

12. Shamrock

Ratings:
    +1,243
    Probably because Edwards is trailing the TE by five yards .....

13. Trumpet_Man

Ratings:
    +654
    ......... Remind me that the safety missed his handoff assignment in a Cover 4 when Jammer goes after Tony Gonzalez....oppps wrong team?

14. SanDiegoRon

SanDiegoRon BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +321
    you're no fun... :no:

do you really think they drafted Cro... entirely to replace D-Flo or to guard against Q-Jam (leaving/screwing up)... with AJ, I think we've learned - it's ALL about leverage... and he's using it now...

so, has QJ signed for another 4 yet...

15. Shamrock

Ratings:
    +1,243
    Both. I hope QJ extends. Hell, I hope D-Flo extends to. Like having a good backup QB, a team needs three good CB's. One always seems to get injured .... also, most teams play nearly 50% of their defensive plays in the nickle, so your Nickelback is damn near considered a starter.

16. Shamrock

Ratings:
    +1,243
    leisure,

Are you really a fan of this team? Or just bashing AJ ?

I hear that the Saints forums are looking for new fans, especially famous ones. When Donna "Ankle Biter" Edwards gets traded to NOLA, you'll then have TWO of your boys in the Big Easy.

17. Trumpet_Man

Ratings:
    +654
    A.J. has never low balled anybody.

Just ask your buddy Brees. :icon_evil:

18. Trumpet_Man

Ratings:
    +654
    He should be using his leverage or A.J. is not worth dick.

19. Trumpet_Man

Ratings:
    +654
    I will make a special sign for you for the WEBCAST this Saturday.

Trust me when I say, I can be distastefully tacky. :icon_eek:

20. Trumpet_Man

Ratings:
    +654
    I plan on tea bagging the webcam. :icon_eek: :icon_eek: :icon_eek:

21. SanDiegoRon

SanDiegoRon BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +321
    first off - I DO believe Jammer is a very good corner... BUT... he continues to have bonehead plays, and IMO will never be considered for the Pro Bowl... (Cro will put an end to that)

with that in mind, he will be offered a contract to stay, and the "value" will be commenserate with "very good corner" money... the real question,... will that be good enough for QJ...

:icon_shrug:

22. Trumpet_Man

Ratings:
    +654
    No you don't.

Bull.

You have had a hard-on for Jammer ever since he said the fans were IDIOTS !! :yes:

23. Trumpet_Man

Ratings:
    +654
    I have been Midasized so I toot perfect pitch biitch :icon_mrgreen: