1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

What are all of you Chicken Little's Sounding like?

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by AnteaterCharger, Sep 23, 2007.

1. AnteaterCharger

AnteaterCharger Calibrating Bolttalk, Podcast by Podcast Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +2,931
    You sound this damn ridiculous

Cool it the bunch of you! We are not firing anyone and we aren't even 1/4 of the season done

Have some liquor and COOL OFF!

Attached Files:

2. Showmeyourbolt

Showmeyourbolt Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +192
    This team will beat the Chiefs by 28.

3. Electric Chair

Electric Chair Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +579
    <object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/D5FzCeV0ZFc"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/D5FzCeV0ZFc" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

4. AnteaterCharger

AnteaterCharger Calibrating Bolttalk, Podcast by Podcast Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +2,931
    Hey I worked on mine, I didn't just do that :icon_tease:

5. WonderSlug

WonderSlug Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +851
    Gee Ant, it seems that you and I are members of an even more select "club" that still thinks the Chargers will right the ship. :icon_shrug:

6. !~BOLT~!

!~BOLT~! Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +205
    We did show signs of not sucking on occasion today. Of course our defense showed a vivid image of what sucking is all about.

7. !~BOLT~!

!~BOLT~! Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +205

I am physically unable to jump off the wagon. I also have to be as honest as i can about the development and growing pains this organazation is going through.

In the 90's when i would spend the offseasons telling everyone around me how bytchen the Chargers were It didn't cut too deep when we dropped eggs all over the place because i knew we sucked.

It's a bad feeling to be overrated and in need of a serious wakeup call. This team should be so much better than they are and wasted potential is disgusting imo.

I'm all for a win streak as convincing as the ones in recent memory. Let's start by kicking the living **** out of KC.

8. WonderSlug

Ratings:
    +851
    :tup:

I am extremely convinced that the Chargers will "get healthy" by beating up their division rivals the next 3 weeks. :yes:

9. Retired Catholic

Retired Catholic BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +347
    you're probably right and I agree now that they've gotten their seventh exhibition game out of the way. They'll have a week to look at films and finally get through their thick coaching heads what will actually work with the talent we have. They'll start winning when they allow Rivers to get the pressure off of LT so that they can exploit all the weapons at their disposal.

10. WonderSlug

Ratings:
    +851
    One good thing is that our WR and Gates, as well as Rivers, stepped up big time for 90% of the game.

Teams will slowly start to learn that if they try to take away the run game, they'll be burned by the passing for the most part.

11. AnteaterCharger

Ratings:
    +2,931
    gee i thought my scream wold get more of a reaction :sad:

12. RipTheJacker

RipTheJacker Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +152
    so we're going to win 56-28?

13. WonderSlug

Ratings:
    +851
    You actually think the Chefs will score 28 on us when they haven't scored more than 13 points in each of their 3 games? A total of 26 points in 3 games.

14. Shamrock

Shamrock Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,243
    I think SD can fix it ... right after they cut Clinton Hart. :bolt:

15. AnteaterCharger

Ratings:
    +2,931
    Nor did I say such
    This is for the people that basically are so angry they want to toss everything out, burn the entire team to the ground and start over. That's not only illogical its insane. Do we need work on defense (and for that matter some more on offense)? Heck yeah! Do we need to fire everyone wholesale three games into a sixteen game season? NO!

16. BlueandGold

BlueandGold The Oracle

Ratings:
    +219
    If the fans aren't "rah rah", who is going to be? The media? The other teams? ESPN? Who? Who will support the team if the fans don't, in a dark hour like this?

None of us can do a damned thing to fix the Chargers' problems. That's up to the coaches and the team.

Fakkin people. We're 1-2. In 1992, we won the division after being 0-4. That's opposed to 14-2 last year and we didn't do the damn thing in the playoffs. You want to do that again?

We have a brand new coaching staff. The reality is, we're not in sync right now. We've lost two games because of it. Our defense has major problems that NEED to get fixed.

But we can't control that. We're fans. All we can do is BELIEVE. If you don't want to believe, hey, that's on you. But just don't tell me at the end of the year that you were here all the way, because I watched you jump off when the road got bumpy.

A wild card, and a Superbowl Championship. That's all I want to see. I don't care how many games we lose, as long as those two things happen. If 9-7 gets us there, so be it, because 14-2 sure didn't.

17. RipTheJacker

Ratings:
    +152
    Against this defense? yeah :unsure:

Hey dont forget this same offense put up 30 on us last year

18. Ride The Lightning

Ride The Lightning Join the Dark Side, we have cookies.

Ratings:
    +1,748
    This is for all you crybaby *****es:

Metallica - My Friend of Misery

You just stood there screaming
    Fearing no one was listening to you
    They say the empty can rattles the most
    The sound of your own voice must soothe you

Hearing only what you want to hear
    And knowing only what you've heard
    You, you're smothered in tragedy
    You're out to save the world

Misery
    You insist that the weight of the world
    Should be on your shoulders
    Misery
    There's much more to life than what you see
    My friend of misery

You still stood there screaming
    No one caring about these words you tell
    My friend before your voice is gone
    One man's fun is another's hell
    These times are sent to try men's souls
    But something's wrong with all you see
    You, you'll take it on all yourself
    Remember, misery loves company

Misery
    You insist that the weight of the world
    Should be on your shoulders
    Misery
    There's much more to life than what you see
    My friend of misery

You just stood there screaming
    My friend of misery

Seriously, shut the **** up already.

19. ETicket

ETicket Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +367
    Good point. In fact, the way our division is looking, 9-7 might win the division title.

20. WonderSlug

Ratings:
    +851
    The Chiefs aren't as good as last year's team.

Huard and Croyle both suck as QB, their OL is really bad, they lost their kick returner, their best WR is injured perhaps for a while, etc.

21. Buck Melanoma

Buck Melanoma Guest

Ratings:
    +408
    I'm no Chicken Little, but I am beginning to lose faith in both Norv & Cottrell. They're wasting the talent on this team.

Can we still have a successful season? Of course, & it's my firm belief that we will. It's also becoming painfully clear to me why Turner & Cottrell were the coaching duo I least wanted to see in SD. I give them my support because they're part of this team, but I'll speak my piece about them clearly in the appropriate thread. Now let me go find it ....

22. HEXEDBOLT

HEXEDBOLT Don't like it, lump it!!!

Ratings:
    +1,887
    It's way to early to be jumping ship. We did play better on offense today as far as the passing games goes. Our running game is still a bit behind though. Defense, what defense?. I'm still looking at 12-4 and for this team to peak going into the playoffs like the Colt's did last year.:bolt:

23. boltsnow

boltsnow BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +56
    These guys need to whip out their Fatheads of Marty and dig deep!:icon_tease:

24. RayDahayder

RayDahayder BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +23
    I'm not sure where Merriman has gone, but it looks like his fire has been extinguished a bit. At least last year, if he didn't get a sack, you could be sure he was flying around and going after the runner. Now, he's missing tackles and being handled by mere mortal linemen.

I think you can have the best players in the history of the NFL at each position and it the coach doesn't use them correctly, you will lose most of your games. This is a total coaching blunder. Cotrell can't do it. Norv is proving why he has a crappy career record. I had high hopes but now I'm realizing that if a guy can't lift 100 pounds of crap, what makes us (or AJ) think he can lift 100 pounds of gold?

Slant passes have killed us the last two games. Hmmmmm.... ya think KC is going to be throwing slants? I wonder if Cotrell has figured that out.

these coaches are just not able to do it. Not able to motivate, or put together a game plan or attack weaknesses or play to strengths or adjust to anything or be creative or wide open or ANYTHING.

I haven't seen them play this poorly since the Whelihan years.

25. RipTheJacker

Ratings:
    +152
    Huard was their QB last year when they beat us, and if remember correctly, he has something like 250-260 yards and 2 TD (no INTs) against us

Kennison might be hurt, but Bowe has looked pretty good this year

Dont underestimate the chiefs, they ALWAYS play us tough

26. PowderLove

PowderLove Former Mod, Current Slacker

Ratings:
    +494
  27. WonderSlug

Ratings:
    +851
    Huard is a shadow of his 2006 form with no OL. He has 2 TD, 3 INT and has been sacked 7 times already. Yes, he's completed 2/3 of his passes, but a lot of those were quick dumpoffs to avoid pass rushers.

Check out what he's done these 3 games so far. Herm Edwards almost benched him yesterday.

Yup, division rivals play each other tough. Well unless you are in the AFC East. Right now, the Pats' division rivals are only playing them tough for about 1.5 quarters. Then it's game over. :lol: