1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

What Are The Chiefs Up To?

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by Gridreaper, Dec 18, 2008.

1. Gridreaper

Gridreaper BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +96
    ...Ahhh, such encouraging rumours drifting out of K.C. Always so nice to see a division foe possibly going in the right direction, while the Bolts drown in Norval pond scum.

<<<The abrupt dismissal of Carl Peterson signaled that Clark Hunt has a plan he's ready to execute. Hunt did not dynamite Peterson strictly for our edification, enjoyment and entertainment. There was a dual purpose. In my estimation, the logical conclusion to reach based on Hunt's action is that he has identified two targets to be Kansas City's next general manager and wanted to alert them that he's coming to woo and be wooed by them. There's going to be fierce competition for general managers this offseason. The Detroit Lions dumped Matt Millen early in the season and have had a head start on the Chiefs. The Cleveland Browns might make a move on Phil Savage and be in the market for a GM. Hunt would be foolish to wait to join the race for a personnel difference-maker. There are two no-brainer options: 1. New England Patriots vice president of player personnel Scott Pioli. 2. An experienced front-office executive with strong ties to and the ability to deliver former Steelers coach Bill Cowher. I think Hunt is zeroed in on landing Pioli or someone who can land Cowher. (Kansas City Star)>>>

2. Buck Melanoma

Buck Melanoma Guest

Ratings:
    +408
    I thought that I heard something about Cowher buying a house in the Cleveland area. Can't find a link, so maybe I'm wrong.

I hope they go after Millen. That could set them back for years. :lol:

3. Gridreaper

Gridreaper BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +96
    ...Don't give Spanos any ideas Buck. Since he's keeping Norv, anything is possible.

4. Buck Melanoma

Buck Melanoma Guest

Ratings:
    +408
    No, I meant that KC should get Millen.

I'm not overly fond of AJ right now, but if Spanos dumped AJ for Millen I might just have to slip into commando mode. :icon_evil: :lol:

5. Gridreaper

Gridreaper BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +96
    ...Oh, I know what you meant. I was just saying that if Dean is goofy enough to keep Norv, anything is possible. Keeping Norv alone puts me in commando mode. I'm not too fond of A.J. right now either. I keep watching RBs drafted well below Hester doing some big things this year. He needs to quit getting so enamored over guys like Weddle and Hester that it clouds all rationale. No second next year :no:

6. HollywoodLeo

HollywoodLeo Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,407
    I'm still not convinced Norv's job is safe.

I'm not saying that I think he'll be fired for sure, I'm just saying that I'm not reading anything into the public statement that his job is safe because I can name a whole laundry list of coaches who got a similar vote of confidence only to find themselves looking for a job that same year/offseason.

I'll believe Norv's staying if the off season comes and they don't fire him.

7. Buck Melanoma

Buck Melanoma Guest

Ratings:
    +408
    Ahh - hope springs eternal. :yes:

8. HollywoodLeo

Ratings:
    +2,407
    The Chargers were still in the playoff hunt when that statement was made, and their chances were better than they stand right now. (Still wasn't looking pretty, but they were better.)

They're not going to tell the national media that Norv might be axed in the offseason while he's still in control of their team in a playoff race.

In fact, they're not going to say anything but that his job is safe.

Whether or not it actually is is more than likely being discussed behind closed doors where the media, and more importantly, Norv can't hear it.

9. TBF

TBF BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +148
    What Are The Chiefs Up To?

Nothing as always! They will continue to suck!

Chiefs | Close to acquiring Vrabel
    Fri, 27 Feb 2009 11:42:09 -0800

Adam Schefter, of the NFL Network, reports New England Patriots LB Mike Vrabel is in Kansas City undergoing a physical so he can then be traded to the Kansas City Chiefs.

10. BOLTS4LIFE

BOLTS4LIFE Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +542
    Norv will stay as long as AJ stays. Simply because Norv won't talk back.
    Someone like Cowher, Gruden, Billick, etc. wouldn't take the job or would AJ hire either of them. There would be fist fights in the front office on a daily basis.

With that said, I think Norv is staying. Look at all the assistant coaches that were fired.

11. HollywoodLeo

Ratings:
    +2,407
    Whatever.

This is the last year of his contract, right?

We'll see what happens if they have another 8-8 season.

In the meantime there's no point in arguing about it.

12. SDRaiderH8er

SDRaiderH8er Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,072
    there isnt much that can be said any ways!

13. Sydalish

Sydalish Addicted to Sports

Ratings:
    +1,807
    I don't mind the opportunity to kick his *** twice a year :yes: