1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

What are the odds that LT...

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by LittleTrain, Sep 17, 2007.

1. LittleTrain

LittleTrain BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +86
    comes out this week and tells the press that we would beat the Pack 9 times out of 10 -- like he did about NE?

How stupid did that sound when you heard it? When did he turn into such a trash talker? He hasn't adjusted to the spotlight well.

2. sdchrger

sdchrger Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +820

What are the odds that you are going to start another thread whining about something that happened last night?

• Like Like x 1
  3. Carlsbad_Bolt_Fan

Carlsbad_Bolt_Fan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,580
    He said that BEFORE the NE game last night.

But then again, talk is cheap and LT learned just how cheap last night.

4. Electric Chair

Electric Chair Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +579
    This whole team needs to STFU and stop believing everything that they read about themselves.

• Like Like x 2
  5. PowderLove

PowderLove Former Mod, Current Slacker

Ratings:
    +494
    Dammit. No coaching evident in this game. And yes, LT is talking like crazy this year. Up until the playoff game he was relatively quiet off the field, at least it seemed.

6. ntman68

ntman68 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +139
    QFT

7. LittleTrain

LittleTrain BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +86
    How about the players telling the TV reporter at halftime that "We have 'em right where we want 'em" How stupid did THAT one sound?

sdcharger, If you don't like it. Don't click on them. Not all of us carry pom poms 24-7. A loss like last night deserves to be looked at for what caused it and how we can change it. It doesn't mean we aren't fans. It doesn't mean we're trashing the season. It means we're pissed about a horrible performance in a loss...as we should be. If we played well and lost, that would be a different story.

8. sdchrger

Ratings:
    +820
    I understand.

It's just interesting that you decide to start multiple threads on different issues that you have with the team.

I'm as concerned as anyone else about our performance but I'm not taking a Chicken Little approach and running to the hills.

9. LittleTrain

LittleTrain BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +86

I'm not running like Chicken Little either. Kinda weak to bring that and the "whining" angle to the threads IMHO.

As fans we got punked last night. The team wasn't close to prepared. They talked trash before the game. The kept it up at halftime even when they were getting their asses handed to them.

This offense led the league in scoring last year. So far this year its the ONLY TEAM IN THE NFL that hasn't scored in the first half.

LT was the MVP and set the TD record last year. Best player in the league. So far this year he has THE WORST YPC OF ANY RB IN THE LEAGUE WITH MORE THAN 20 CARRIES.

That doesn't even touch the defense.

Yet they are talking trash right and left. Let's hope today they wake up and realize they need to STFU and get back to business & somehow Norv figures out what it takes to be a HEAD COACH in the NFL.

I don't wanna ***** this whole week so I'll avoid the board for a while. I don't even want to think about Lambeau right now with how good their defense has looked and how well Farve is playing.

10. Old School SD Fan

Old School SD Fan Unhappy Camper

Ratings:
    +13
    Personally, I think the Chargers should emroider the letters "STFU" on their sleeves like the Bears used to have "GSH".:unsure:

11. sdchrger

Ratings:
    +820

Why can't I do that with you???? :icon_shrug:

12. Buttmunch

Buttmunch Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +108
    Exactly. Is anyone else surprised by how cocky the team seemed to get between the preseason and the game last night? I've never seen so many quotes from players in such little time. I was very sad to hear LT's comments. He of all people should know you don't say those things outside of the locker room. Makes me wonder about the leadership these days.......where's it coming from?

13. exodus

exodus Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +133
    Maybe they are aspiring to be Chad Johnsonesque. I hope LT doesn't say he wants to lambeu leap or anything.

14. Kwak

Kwak ....

Ratings:
    +683
    WORD!

I don't want to hear another fuking word from those guys pretending to be a football team.

15. Thread_Killer

Thread_Killer Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +680
    Leadership is supposed to come from the head coach. At least that is what everybody on this board used to believe. Then we hired Norv Turner, and all of sudden it is the players who will provide leadership, all Norv and the coaching staff has to do is maintain “continuity”.

Players don’t change their personality overnight, this is a by-product of Norv’s inability to control his team the way a head coach should. Marty would’ve put a stop to all the trash-talking, the arrogant attitudes, the thinking that the playoffs are a foregone conclusion.

I don’t think it is too early to be ranting and raving about this stuff, because this loss was a complete meltdown across the board. Offense, defense, play-calling on both sides, mental errors, in-game adjustments, motivation and intensity, every aspect of this team laid an egg.

It seems unrealistic to think that all of this can be corrected in one week, and Green Bay is no pushover. The “whining” is justified, IMO.

16. Boltdiehard

Boltdiehard Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,171
    TK so far you have been spot-on regarding the Saints and Norv Turner.

17. Buttmunch

Buttmunch Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +108
    I said on record the Saints would be 9-7......I think TK has them at 8-8.

18. Boltdiehard

Boltdiehard Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,171
    Man I'm not sure if they'll hit 8-8 right now.

19. Buck Melanoma

Buck Melanoma Guest

Ratings:
    +408
    Last night was downright embarrassing. We were outcoached, outplayed, & outsmarted. I could hardly believe what I was seeing right before my very eyes.

As much as I hate to say it, the Pats look like the strongest team in the league right now. We certainly don;t deserve to be listed in the top 3, & after last night we won't be.

I'm not sure who put the thought in this team's heads that the regular season doesn't count & that a playoff berth is a given, but somebody better give them a big wake-up call. No one, with the exception of maybe Gates, looked very good last night. The team was manhandled from the beginning & lost their composure. The coaching staff did nothing to make any adjustments.

Where is all of this offensive wizardry that Norv supposedly posseses? Where is our vaunted pass rush? Where is the leadership in the secondary? Who is going to step up & take charge of this team?

I'm certainly not giving up on anyone, player or coach, but it seems that perhaps a few need to be taken down a notch, including LT. Maybe Michael Turner should start next week, if for no other reason than to send a signal that it's time to pull your heads out of your asses & play hard-nosed football.

I honestly think that last night's loss bothers me more than the playoff meltdown last year. Maybe AJ needs to hold a "coming to Jesus" meeting. But somebody better step up & bring this team to their senses or it's gonna be a long year. :icon_sad:

20. LFEpooh124

LFEpooh124 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +38
    For reals, the Saints are stinking it up this year. Look at Breezey's play coupled with Rivers performance, we should start Whitehurst (sarcasm).

Oh Cleo, Cleo, where art thou? :icon_tease:

The reason there's been a lot of quotes from players is that we just had two "Game of The Week" type weeks. When you become the center of attention and reporters and journalists constantly ask for your opinion, you're going to give it to them. I agree, talk is cheap. I just wished our players could've backed up all that talk.

P.S.
    Rivers is a great quarterback and I think in the long-term he's going to be much better than Brees. I'll be the last person to call for his benching.

P.S.S.
    Some of you had us losing to the Lions, but I really think in the "long-term" this is a much better loss for us. You talk about humbling our players, coaches, and organization. I think it also brought a lot of fans back to earth. But who's to say we can't have fun talking sh*t to other teams. Lead the way Trumpet Man!!!!

21. RM24

RM24 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +264
    That has to be the best post of the year so far. Exactly my thoughts. Let's quit whining & talking and start frickin playin CHARGER FOOTBALL DAMMIT!

22. Thread_Killer

Thread_Killer Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +680
    Thanks BDH, but I hope I'm jumping the gun where Norv is concerned. Right now I am totally shocked, and scared shitless how much we resemble a typical Norv Turner-led team. Green Bay will tell us a lot, I should probably withold judgement we see what happens.

BTW, I also said I still think we can win with Norv. It will be up to the players to STFU like EC says.

23. twilight15

twilight15 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +22
    I couldn't agree more. I can't believe that our team would be trash talking and whining and all that. They just need to shut up and play some real NFL-Football.

24. LV Bolt Fan

LV Bolt Fan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +432

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to sdchrger again.

25. Concudan

Concudan Caffeinated Commando

Ratings:
    +4,976
    Buck up! Back the Bolt!

26. Trumpet_Man

Trumpet_Man Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +654
    I dropped some pearls at the Pats boards and then the server fried. I stopped by the Pats temp boards and then they were buggy but got off a few choice salvos. It was a turkey shoot for me as those chumps did not know how to approach an octopus of smack.