1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

what are your game day routine/ super stitions

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by VAN DE MAN CHARGER FAN, Jan 9, 2007.

1. VAN DE MAN CHARGER FAN

VAN DE MAN CHARGER FAN BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +19
    what is your game day routine/ superstitions

Just curious to see if anybody else follows the same crazy stuff me and my dad do.

i got a powder blue LT in 7th grade (im in 10th now) and every game that its been clean that ive worn it we have won, me and my dad sit at the same table at a local bar, order the same food and drinks, with the same shirts/sweat shirts.

2. nickelbolt

nickelbolt Fuggedaboutit

Ratings:
    +886
    Yo kid... if that's your room in your avatar... then you are definitely on the right track to success.

As for rituals... I used to have 'em. But what I realized after last season is that THEY DON'T WORK! Especially when life itself gets in the way. But I guess the only thing I try to do is wear something blue...

That's it, really.

Well... I do happen to indulge in an adult beverage or two. But it's not really good for you... so make sure you don't include that in your own routine. :lol:

3. VAN DE MAN CHARGER FAN

VAN DE MAN CHARGER FAN BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +19
    dont worry man i dont. yea thats my room i put all my charger stuff on that one side and took a pic. i have one of those old school footballs with all the AFC West Champions and AFL titles listed.you cant really see it. And theres a Stan Humphries jersey there 2.

4. bigmike.x.09

bigmike.x.09 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +280
    wear a jersey, kick it at dawg nuttz house and we dont give up hope no matter how much theyre down by :)

5. SDRaiderH8er

SDRaiderH8er Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,058
    This year my oldest son and I have ate breakfast at Tylers in El Cajon, the we head down 2nd street to an AM/PM and I get the beer, ice and his 3 Dr Pepper's. We are in the parking lot by 9:30, and it has worked every time this season as we have not seen them lose yet!

Oh and we have to wear our Powder blue's, I have LT and a Merrman, my oldest has Antonio Gates. But then last game my oldest wore my Billy Ray Smith #54 in Air Coryell blue!

6. sarahbearak20

sarahbearak20 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +19
    Every game since about 10 games ago (when we started our winning streak:helm1: ) Our group, the Polar Boltz, or Northern Most Charger Fan club gets together to watch every game at a certain TV, and so far, we've won! And of course we all wear our Charger gear! It's been working!

• Like Like x 2
  7. BFISA

BFISA Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,172
    I don't goadda Shammie's house anymore ta watch the Chargers, thats for sure :icon_eek: :tdown: :icon_evil:

:lol: :icon_rofl: :icon_tease:

8. tboltzcali

tboltzcali Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +108
    I wake up, brush my teeth, use the toilet. Usually gear up about an hour before game time. Im not going to tell you my superstition until after the season. I just dont want to break any momentum yet. But I can tell you this, I bought some charger car flags on my way to the Jets playoff game in 2004 and they are retired, in the closet. I wont put them back on my car. Some kid today asked me if he can buy them, so I just might sell them to him for 10 bux for 2.

9. TheLash

TheLash Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +715
    I think anyone who's been on one of our gameday threads could tell you mine. I get up early with the boy and let my wife sleep in. Jersey on then off to starbucks for a triple-venti, non-fat, vanilla latte' for me and a hot chocolate for him. I cook breakfast for us all and we wake up momma before game time.:tup:

:icon_toast: :abq2: GO BOLTS!:abq2: :icon_toast:

• Like Like x 1
  10. SDRaiderH8er

SDRaiderH8er Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,058
    And here is some major props to you and everyone else up there in your group for representing us up there!

• Like Like x 1
  11. Ride The Lightning

Ride The Lightning Join the Dark Side, we have cookies.

Ratings:
    +1,727
    Ok, this may gross a few fans out, but I haven't washed my jersey in 11 weeks.

I only wear it during the game then I immediately take it off. So far it hasn't begun to bring the funk, but still....:lol:

12. Boltdiehard

Boltdiehard Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,171
    I wonder what T-Man's rituals are? :icon_eek:

Does a guy like leisure have rituals? :icon_eek:

13. Trumpet_Man

Trumpet_Man Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +654
    Mine start with insomnia the day before the game.

Next, I wear a gold medal my grandmother gave me for good luck.

Then it is a Chargers wallet and socks which are a must on gameday.

My Charger teddy bear (yes a fuggin teddy bear and no I do not sleep with him) is dangling from the bathroom and I have to have a talk with him on gameday. Don't laugh asssholes because just like Serrano in the movie "Major League", I am talking to "Jo-Bu" but this fugger is "Jo-Bolt". :bow: :nana_rasta:

Next, I must offer up a ritual burning to the gods or a praise jah and let the chalise blaze moment before the rooster even crows. :abq2:
    Finally, I post **** on websites such as this to get you fuggin heathens to rise up and conquer. :lol: :abq2:

14. Shamrock

Shamrock Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,243
    You are never allowed on my property again on Gameday !!! :bolt:

:lol:

15. mapcap55

mapcap55 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +66
    The only thing I commonly do on gameday is watch the game alone with my wife and our Schnauzer, Gus.[​IMG]

We broke tradition on Christmas eve when our daughter and son-in-law were in town for Christmas. Coincidently, he is a Seahawks fan.:icon_eek: It was pretty intense for a while, but we made it through without becoming uncivilized:lol:

This Sunday, though, there will be no outsiders allowed in the mapcap home. In fact, on Sunday afternoon I'll be drawing the shades and unplugging the telephone...:yes:

16. Thumper

Thumper WHS

Ratings:
    +1,467
    If I spank the monkey three times before kick off, the Chargers are guarenteed victory!!!!

17. nickelbolt

nickelbolt Fuggedaboutit

Ratings:
    +886
    That's ok... at least you don't hump your teddy bear like Trumpy! :icon_tease:

I'm kidding... Trumpy. I pray to my Costco size bottle of Crown Royal.

18. Talagang Pinoy

Talagang Pinoy BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +5
    I usually try to force a dump before i go to the game.. I have yet to take a dump in one of those port a potties (knock on wood). :icon_rofl: