1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

What Bob Costas thinks of you

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by sdbound, Mar 16, 2008.

1. sdbound

sdbound Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +942
    What a smug little man

2. Boltdiehard

Boltdiehard Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,171
    He sounds like the perfect San Francisco politician.

3. TCHDNSD

TCHDNSD BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +28

But does that make him wrong?:icon_shrug:

4. in_a_days

in_a_days dgaf

Ratings:
    +1,018
    I was thinking the exact same thing :yes:

5. wrbanwal

wrbanwal Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,036
    Has he been reading Trumpy's posts again???

:lol::lol::lol:

6. Thumper

Thumper WHS

Ratings:
    +1,467
    The problem with Costas is that he's always felt that he was an elite person and above the average fan. He's always been a sub-par broadcaster and when you add his elitism and his biases to his weak broadcasting persona, you end up with the buffoon that is Costas.

He is completely biased towards the east coast. He is completely biased towards baseball over football. He single handedly took down the "Inside the NFL" franchise and turned it into the garbage it became before it was canceled. His pseudo-intellectualism looks down upon the common fan.

He's implying that nobody out in cyberspace has a valid thought, opinion, or otherwise interesting insight. To make a blanket statement like he has is completely asinine and completely Costas.

So YES, I believe this obnoxious smug little man is wrong.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Ride The Lightning

Ride The Lightning Join the Dark Side, we have cookies.

Ratings:
    +1,748
    Winrar
    :tup:

8. turbo_turtle

turbo_turtle In Disguise

Ratings:
    +890
    Douche Bag simple as that. What a fuggin moron Costas is. :tdown:

Get a real life Costas. It might help you out with your issues. :icon_evil:

9. Retired Catholic

Retired Catholic BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +347
    Costas exists in the same kind of egocentric bubble as the beltway political media do in DC. Costas is the Tim Russert of sports.

10. LaDeezie21

LaDeezie21 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +82
    I think he is talking about the trolls or the people who have very strong opinions and don't know how to have a discussion. Or the typical fan who hits the panic button after their team has lost two games in a row (which coincidentaly happens a lot in the media).

I've never had a problem with him. I actually don't have a problem with many media types. They are there to entertain. We take them too seriously sometimes hell We take this game too seriously sometimes. It comes with the territory of being a fan though.

We can't do anything about him having or even broadcasting his opinions just as he can't stop us from doing the same, so....

11. ChargerRay

ChargerRay #FireMcCoy #FirePagano Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +867
  12. ChargerRay

ChargerRay #FireMcCoy #FirePagano Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +867
    One other thing, if beat wirters and newspapers feel threatened by bloggers or podcasters, they should stop being hypocritical by incorporating blogs and podcasts to their websites.

13. Retired Catholic

Ratings:
    +347
    I'm not sure it's threatened that they feel, it's more like jealously guarding the turf that used to be their own private preserve. In some of the political blogs, especially the lefty ones, there are people with a lot of institutional memory and far superior educations and personal experience with the topics in the news. It's instant proof reading and they don't like be called out for their goofs. When it was just letters or emails to the editor, the flak was like a tree falling in an uninhabited forest. Same with sports. They now have to deal with public forums that not only contain dunder heads, but also some very knowledgeable people who have memories that haven't been clouded by Alzheimer's yet. There is fresh air getting into the bubble and they aren't used to the smell of air that isn't constantly recirculated.

14. AnteaterCharger

AnteaterCharger Calibrating Bolttalk, Podcast by Podcast Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +2,931
    and do a better job in general

15. sdbound

Ratings:
    +942
    Bob takes a break from the chocolate factory to defend himself,

[​IMG]

16. OrangeMan

OrangeMan Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +0
    Yea i agree

17. TCHDNSD

TCHDNSD BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +28
    After reading what Costas had to say in defense of his statements, I think he's right.

18. Retired Catholic

Ratings:
    +347
    Upon clarification, I would agree, but that still doesn't mean I don't he and many of his peers aren't arrogant pricks. Comes with the kind of isolation that comes with a senior media status and the upper crust income. This might not related entirely to sports, but it does touch on the quality of some internet posting. It would also, from personal experience, reflect on the qualities of some conventional journalism.

http://www.signonsandiego.com/uniontrib/20080318/news_1n18science.html

19. wrbanwal

wrbanwal Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,036
    solid

:tup:

20. exodus

exodus Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +133
    TEH RADUHS SUXORZ 4 LIFE!!!!!~

I am still certified to express my displeasure with any team, player or commentator in the entire NFL, nay, world I say. Thank you very much Bob, now on to China with you and your overblown stories of personal struggle and triumph that will no doubt bore me to tears.

21. sdbound

Ratings:
    +942
    I don't. He defends his name calling (Bloggers post from thier mom's basements and are get-a-life losers) with this justification,

So, the only proper sports discourse is his, um, commentary?

How about his anti-America rant during the opening ceremonies of the olympics? If only I was enlightened like Bob Costas, Keith Olbermann, and Peter King.

22. Retired Catholic

Ratings:
    +347
    Thanks.

23. TCHDNSD

TCHDNSD BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +28
    Upon further review, what do I care what Bob Costas thinks about me or you or anyone or anything. It has no impact whatsoever on my life.
    (even if I am lacking one)

24. Concudan

Concudan Caffeinated Commando

Ratings:
    +4,979
    Let Bobby boy think what he likes. It is a free country. He doesnt have any impact on my life to speak of, so his words are just more fetid wind.

25. Retired Catholic

Ratings:
    +347
    "fetid wind", Shakespearian turn of phrase, my man. I may use that on the political blogs when I comment on Coultergheist and Maglagang.

26. EsDee_in_RI

EsDee_in_RI Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +133

I agree completely. Cyberspace has changed the game for these guys. Most reporters now go to blogs and threads to scoop out leads for possible rumors. There are a lot of knowledgeable people here.