1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

What coaching means in the NFL

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by LittleTrain, Oct 2, 2007.

1. LittleTrain

LittleTrain BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +86
    Just look at the raiders.

Last year, lost without hope. The OL was trash. The offense was a joke. They had a "proven" Art Shell as HC because he knew the team and their system.

This year, they were a missed FG away from beating Denver AT DENVER. The OL is suddenly opening new holes with the SAME PLAYERS. The offense is clicking. They have a rookie HC that some thought was too young for the NFL, but he's bringing bright ideas, energy and a new system to the team. It's a completely different mindset.

Al Davis is standing there in his Depends looking like a genius.

AJ has the Chargers as the joke of the league.

2. LittleTrain

LittleTrain BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +86
    I know this one is a hard one to stomach, but I thought at least someone would fire off a RAIDERS SUCK just for the fun of it.

3. PowderLove

PowderLove Former Mod, Current Slacker

Ratings:
    +494
    Go GULLS!!!!!1

oops...:no:

4. Trumpet_Man

Trumpet_Man Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +654
    :icon_rofl: - I always knew that little closet Raider fan would eventually surface and it finally showed itself. :yes:

5. Ride The Lightning

Ride The Lightning Join the Dark Side, we have cookies.

Ratings:
    +1,748
    Lane Kiffin has balls. He's young, energetic, and it's probably fun to be around him for the players.

That's why they're winning and we're sick to our stomachs as we didn't pull the "new guy" trigger and went with another old guy.

6. MtlBoltsFan

MtlBoltsFan Jesse Ventura/Howard Stern 2016

Ratings:
    +383
    What do you know he is the exact opposite of you!! :icon_rofl:

7. LittleTrain

LittleTrain BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +86
    Who has the better coaching staff?

Sad isn't it?

8. wrbanwal

wrbanwal Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,036

and you know this because they've won a coupla games???

9. Ride The Lightning

Ratings:
    +1,748
    Sorry I can't be as brilliant as you to support a habitual playoff loser for head coach.

That avatar suits you just fine. Blind leading the blind.

10. MtlBoltsFan

MtlBoltsFan Jesse Ventura/Howard Stern 2016

Ratings:
    +383
    [​IMG]

11. LittleTrain

LittleTrain BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +86

You don't?

12. Ride The Lightning

Ratings:
    +1,748
    Right now, as hard as it is to admit, Raiders look better than us, at least on the field. Records prove it.

13. PowderLove

PowderLove Former Mod, Current Slacker

Ratings:
    +494
    We have the team on paper. We need the right coaches to make it happen.

14. Savage Lizard

Savage Lizard Charger fan at 7000'

Ratings:
    +984
    You mean Denver who barely escaped Buffalo, lost to the Jags at home, and got beat by Indy? I don't know if that Denver near miss is as big as you think it is.

Yes, they switched from man blocking to Denver's dive at the knees zone blocking scheme.

Who was at least their second choice.

To quote Winston Wolfe, "let's not start sucking each other's ***** just yet." They lost to a pretty good Lions team, played a less than impressive Broncos team, the Browns, and the Dolphins.

15. LittleTrain

LittleTrain BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +86
    If Denver is that bad we should blow them out at their place then. I'll believe that when I see it.

Like it or not, their coaching staff has made a HUGE difference in that team. The talent looks much better than it did last year under crappy coaches. Our team went just the opposite way. They looked much better last year under quality coaches and now struggle to break the huddle under crappy coaches.

You mean they matched their scheme to their players and made their players adjust to a better scheme and it worked??? BRILLIANT!!!! Someone alert AJ that is possible.

Second choice or not, they found him. We sure as hell didn't find anyone anywhere close to that quality. Let me remind you they are the raiders with Al Davis and we are the FREAKIN CHARGERS. We should have had quality candidates like that banging down our door. AJ latched onto Cottrell then scratched and crawled to find some loser that would take him as the DC....you're welcome Norv.

You sure can rationalize their record. Amazing. This is a raiders team that wasn't expected to BEAT ANYONE last year. Now you're making it sound like they are just better than all those teams. Thanks for proving my point.

Last year they would be underdogs in every one of those games. Now you almost expect them to win.
    Last year we would be favorites in almost every game. Now everyone almost expects us to struggle if not lose. 180 degree change for both teams -- all on coaching.

16. Savage Lizard

Savage Lizard Charger fan at 7000'

Ratings:
    +984
    I did? I think I just pointed out that they are 2-2, and haven't been tested much. YOU painted their coaching change as a huge success. I fully expected them to be better this year, how could they be much worse?

That said, I think damn near ANYONE would have been an improvement, and before everyone sees another opportunity to slam Norv, the Raiders did better with Norv than Shell.

17. Boltjolt

Boltjolt Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +402
    Their OL is not all the same players and they had nowhere else to go but up.