1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

What Cost For This Victory?

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by Pointyearedog, Dec 21, 2014.

1. Pointyearedog

Pointyearedog I only put idiots on ignore...

Ratings:
    +1,733
    It had to be a hard fought game, and with it came injuries. Lots of them. I saw that we lost our fifth center, replaced by who? I also saw Shareece Wright go out. Who else got nicked up? Did we lose one of our NTs too?

2. Pointyearedog

Ratings:
    +1,733
    Just read this from one the news agencies:

Four players sustained concussions or head injuries - 49ers safety Eric Reid and San Diego cornerback Shareece Wright with concussions and San Francisco cornerback Leon McFadden and linebacker Aldon being evaluated for head injuries.

NOTES: San Diego CB Steve Williams suffered a knee injury and C Chris Watt hurt an ankle. ... 49ers RT Anthony Davis returned for the first time since Nov. 9 after missing four games with a concussion. ... 49ers CB Perrish Cox made his fifth interception, moving him into a tie for third place in the NFC. ... 49ers S Bubba Ventrone and WR Brandon Lloyd suffered groin injuries.

I know that Supah Melvin went out for a bit, but returned to the game.

3. Cheapseats

Cheapseats Loud, proud Charger fan

Ratings:
    +373
    Here's what I know so far:
    Watt - Ankle, replaced by Trevor Robinson our 5th center who filled in well against the Ravens I believe.
    Troutman - Knee, did not return
    Wright - Concussion, replaced by Steve Williams
    Steve Williams - Knee, don't know how bad it is
    Ingram and Flowers both left the game with injuries but came back in
    According to various reports, Rivers is playing with a bulging disc in his back

Wow! In spite of all this...they got the "W"!!!!

• Informative Informative x 1
  4. Pointyearedog

Ratings:
    +1,733
    Did Inman start or was it Tutu?

5. Cheapseats

Cheapseats Loud, proud Charger fan

Ratings:
    +373
    Tutu started, had a bad case of the drops and then it was Inman time!!!

6. Pointyearedog

Ratings:
    +1,733
    Don't even get me started on the penalties. It almost seems like if there is an obscure infraction, the zebras decide to call it on the Bolts. What was that delay of game penalty on the Chargers for? Even the announcers made a comment about some ticky-tack flags being thrown. That last drive for Frisco in the first half should have only been for a fg at most, but our D kept them alive by getting those penalties, was it two of them?