1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

What D to Start?

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by Kwak, Dec 7, 2006.

1. Kwak

Kwak ....

Ratings:
    +689
    Have a bit of a choice to make. I have both the Steelers D and the Chargers D to play. I am trying to decide the best play. Both teams are facing rookie QBs at home.

The Steelers have the Browns and the Bolts have the Donks. I would rate Culter above the 1st start QB Derek Anderson of Clev. Word is that Frye is a no go.

The homer in me wants to play SD, but the Steelers could go off on 1st rookie start in Pit which is not an easy task at all.

The Steelers are missing both Troy and the starting FS, but they still crushed TB last week without Troy.

Anyone's thoughts would be appreciated.

2. reef shark

reef shark BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +49
    i would go with minnesota, seattle, or even our D. i would like to think our D has the best chance outta al the games, bc of castillo and your boy comin back, but im tryna be as neautral as possible. however, roy williams and those cardinal receivers can be scary at times... gl

but in terms of your question, i would stick with our D. the browns are unpredictable, and with the steelers safeties not healthy, winslow and edwards could gash them.

3. Kwak

Kwak ....

Ratings:
    +689
    Hector and Victor on ESPN have the Bolts above the Steelers this week.

With the Castillo and McCree back in the lineup, I am leaning more toward the bolts. I hadn't read about Castillo before I posted the original message. Thought he still had another week on the shelf.

4. reef shark

reef shark BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +49
    well its safe to say i was wrong...cleveland has about -80 yds rushing, while parker has the high for the year...sry for the misinformation, but i still think sd will back me up. gl. peaz

5. Kwak

Kwak ....

Ratings:
    +689
    I was having one of those what was I thinking moments, but the Pit D is ending up being 12 pts this week. The Bolts have been averaging 15.3 in my league, so I am not off slitting my wrists over the decision. :lol:

Just need our CBs to learn how to catch, maybe they should spend a day working out with the WRs on catching drills. The Bolt D would have had huge points of that group of stone hands could have hung onto the ball. There were 2 easy TDs there. With our pass rush at full strength this week, the D could put up some huge numbers. :deadhorse:

6. reef shark

reef shark BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +49
    i couldnt watch the game (damn nfl network) but i still dunno how winslow was shut down like that, w/o polomalu... alls i can come up with is that anthony smith is better than most ppl think

7. Kwak

Kwak ....

Ratings:
    +689
    I wasn't able to watch the entire game with watching my 2 little ones, but Cleve could go nowhere on the ground. Their passing O was having some success, but there were a few drops and rookie QB mistakes like throwing off balance and trying to arm throw a 30 yrd duck when Clev was on the move to the endzone. It was picked by the one of the pit safeties.