1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

What day and time do you prefer the Bolttalk Podcast?

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by AnteaterCharger, Sep 6, 2012.

?

What time/day should the show be on?

1. Thursday at 7pm PST

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Thursday at 8pm PST

2 vote(s)
    25.0%
  3. Wednesday at 7pm PST

5 vote(s)
    62.5%
  4. Wednesday at 8pm PST

1 vote(s)
    12.5%
  1. AnteaterCharger

AnteaterCharger Calibrating Bolttalk, Podcast by Podcast Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +2,931
    So Ray & I have been talking about altering the time and potentially the date of the show and wanted to see what you all thought.

We are going to try out 7pm on Thursday as a sop to me on the east coast; but with thursday night football a regular occurrence this year as opposed to a few times in the later months, would it make sense or be preferred to move to wednesday?

So we've created a poll, please pick what time you'd prefer?

2. Carlsbad_Bolt_Fan

Carlsbad_Bolt_Fan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,583
    Wednesday at 7pm is better for me, as I usually have to put my kiddos to bed around 8:30, so I end up missing the show. Plus, I don't think you want to come in between Thursday night football, which starts at week two this season.

3. Lance19

Lance19 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +2,157
    Depends. What's Matilack's bedtime?

• Funny Funny x 1
  4. Sydalish

Sydalish Addicted to Sports

Ratings:
    +1,807
    Wednesdays are no good for me, standing "date night" with the honey and he's not a big sports fan (go figure). Thursdays are hit and miss due to my volunteering schedule.

Would Tuesdays ever be a consideration? No conflict with ThNF and the previous week would be all wrapped up after MNF?

5. Ride The Lightning

Ride The Lightning Join the Dark Side, we have cookies.

Ratings:
    +1,748
    Tuesday morning, 3am pst
    kthxbai

:roflmao:

• Optimistic Optimistic x 2
  6. Sydalish

Ratings:
    +1,807
    Don't hate Lance ;) chatroom convos with Mat are one of my favorite things about the podcast. Seriously.

7. Concudan

Concudan Caffeinated Commando

Ratings:
    +4,979
    The one ending in DAY.

8. Buck Melanoma

Buck Melanoma Guest

Ratings:
    +408
    No EST times?

West coast bias. ;)

9. Lance19

Lance19 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +2,157

Thank you Syd...I think "Don't hate Lance" is excellent advice for EVERYONE!

In all seriousness, I wasn't sure exactly what my point was, when I typed it...other than
    to have fun with M's youth. Then I realized that what I typed could be taken to mean that
    I want to know because I meanly sought to exclude him OR because I'm sweet, and want to make
    sure he's still up and available.
    Then I decided to just let it be...like an Elvis Costello song that folks could take however they would.

p.s. I'm guessing he has probably been nicer re. you, than me...but I've never had any issues
    with him that were unhappy enough that I would type a sincerely nasty comment about him...
    as you know, I've even pretended to be hard on you...and you know you're actually my favorite... :inlove:

10. Sydalish

Ratings:
    +1,807
    I'm teasing you ;)

but seriously, Mat's fun to chat with in the podcast chat room (everyone is - I miss it so much >< I don't often get to TYPE IN SHOUTY CAPITALS w/out reproach)

11. matilack

matilack Take A Knee McCree!!!

Ratings:
    +3,556
    I don't know what I did to earn so many friends around here, but honestly at the moment I don't even remember what me and Lance disagreed on that would cause him to hold a grudge.

With the exception of Buck who is just too crude and childish and can't have an argument without getting personal, and Concudan who just disagree with on pretty much everything on a fundamental level :laugh: , I don't really dislike anyone around here. I get the feeling I don't make my sarcasm or tone of speech clear enough, quite a few people seem to take what I say way too personally. And truthfully 99.8% of the time what I write is without teeth and boarderline emotionless (the exception being on gameday when Norv fucks up or chickens out).

12. Sydalish

Ratings:
    +1,807
    You know I'm being serious right? No grudge here.

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2

13. Lance19

Lance19 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +2,157
    Oh, there were a few times you might've been a bit harsher that I thought warranted, but absolutely,
    positively nothing grudge-worthy. I was just pokin' your age for a cheap laugh. We're good.

14. matilack

Ratings:
    +3,556
    I know, we may disagree on a certain topic but we're able to keep it civil. :tup: I enjoy talking to you in the podcast chatroom too, and was a little dissapoitned we didn't get our 289-0 prediction this week. :D

15. matilack

Ratings:
    +3,556
    I'll admit that, there are a couple hot button topics where I lose patience with people quick.

But how old do you think I am exactly?

16. Lance19

Lance19 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +2,157
    Nine

(just jerkin' yer chain. I don't know. I just remember you saying no one cares about the 1963 team...:cry:)

17. matilack

Ratings:
    +3,556

HA are you being serious? Because I don't know many 9 year olds that are as anal retentive about punctuation as I am. :roflmao:

Wrong, guess again. Hell lets all play the age guessing game! I'm gonna guess you're over 40, considering your avatar and screen name.

18. Buck Melanoma

Buck Melanoma Guest

Ratings:
    +408
    Yay!!!!

• Winner Winner x 1
  19. Concudan

Ratings:
    +4,979
    12, maybe 13.

20. AnteaterCharger

AnteaterCharger Calibrating Bolttalk, Podcast by Podcast Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +2,931
    Lot of comments, lot of views, we need more votes PLEASE guys

21. matilack

Ratings:
    +3,556
    Wrong, as usual. I can see you're about as good at guessing peoples age as you are at writing those articles. :roflmao: I'm gonna guess you're pushing 60 and working on your 2nd heart attack, and bitter that someone a little less than half your age constantly wipes the floor with your naive front page analysis.

I'm sorry for always being so rude to you, but I have no repsect for the kind of person who is just happy to frame his 8th grade science fair participation award...because hey, at least its better than 7th grade when you wernt invited.

22. matilack

Ratings:
    +3,556

Only downside to Thursday is it will clash with all the Thursday Night Football games this year.

I still vote Thursday at 8.

23. Concudan

Ratings:
    +4,979
    LOL is this the best you have when you want people to think of you as an adult. Jr. your mommy wants you off the interenet now.

24. matilack

Ratings:
    +3,556
    Old people = tired jokes. :rolleyes:

25. Concudan

Ratings:
    +4,979
    Is this what you call "wiping the floor"?

If it came from someone whos only claim to fame was quitting on the team about 5 minutes into a game and claiming to have 'called' the drafting of Mathews, as if you had any impact.

Hey keep taking pride in your acomplishments Jr. I know you dont have much, but you can always make up more as you go...

26. matilack

Ratings:
    +3,556
    Not at all :laugh: not even remotely close! In fact the last 2 posts were me being NICE, I deleted a lot of stuff that was probably over the line. Stuff I would gladly say to your face, over the phone, or even in the chatroom, but not here for fear of Syd putting me in the *** clown forum for a while.

But honestly is it worth it to waste our time on eachother? You don't like me, I dispise you, maybe we should put eachother on ignore.

27. Concudan

Ratings:
    +4,979
    Is that so? Well if I believed you actually could control yourself I might actually have to reconsider my opinion of you. Too bad I dont bye any of it.

28. matilack

Ratings:
    +3,556
    Thats fine. :sleep: I'm bored now.

Make sure you join in the next podcast though. I'm tired of being 1 of 3 people that show up.

29. Carlsbad_Bolt_Fan

Carlsbad_Bolt_Fan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,583
    Beware Mati...BEWARE OF...
    [​IMG]
    (Full credit goes to Blue for this one)

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  30. ETicket

ETicket Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +367
    Personally, the earlier in the week the better for me. When the Bolts do well I want to share my joy with the faithful ASAP. And when they stink it up, I want to share my frustrations and commensurate with like-minded folks. It's part of the healing process and the sooner the better. So I would vote for Tuesday if it was an option.

If memory serves (and it does so less & less these days) we once had a podcast on Monday night, yes? I would love that. Having the game on the tube and Bolt Talk on the laptop. Football nerd nirvana.