1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

What did you think of the 2nd String MNF Crew

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by boltssbbound, Sep 12, 2006.

1. boltssbbound

boltssbbound Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,508
    I think they are light years better than Tirico, Theezeman and Kornholer.

Vermeil made very astute points that alot of commentators (Theeze, Cross, Dierdorf et. al.) don't seem to make. Jaws' game film breakdowns allowed him to have some interesting insight.

Best of all, it was an announcing crew for those of us who know and understand football. With the MNF crews, they usually try and put a character in the booth to entertain the casual fan. Those crews are usually as annoying as hell to those of us who just want to watch the game and hear insightful commentary about the game.

:tup: :tup: For the guys last night.

2. WonderSlug

WonderSlug Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +851
    I actually think Vermeil did pretty well for his first MNF game.

I would take "Jaws" + Vermeil over Theisman + whoever else the "A" MNF team had.

3. Boltdiehard

Boltdiehard Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,171
    Honestly I'm so intense during the games that I barely hear the announcers.

Having Arnold and the firefighter in there irritated the chiat out of me. Firefighters are being pimped by both political parties and it's disgusting. :tdown: JMO.

4. PhilipRivers#1

PhilipRivers#1 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +464
    I liked Vermeil and Jaworski as well. I heard somewhere that Vermeil used to do alot of college games as well, so he does have experience in the booth.

5. WonderSlug

WonderSlug Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +851
    Yeah, before he returned to coaching the Rams, he did college games (for CBS I think) during the 1980s.

6. Electric Chair

Electric Chair Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +579
    Didn't he used to team up with Keith Jackson before Fouts?

7. MtlBoltsFan

MtlBoltsFan Jesse Ventura/Howard Stern 2016

Ratings:
    +383
    That's it?!?!

Vermeil was fuggin AWESOME he is extremely knowledgeable and soft spoken. Now I know why the players loved him on and off the field. I have man love for Dick and so do you :icon_rofl: 2nd crew is 20 billion times better than the 1st

8. boltssbbound

Ratings:
    +1,508
    Agreed. Vermeil saw things that few other commentators do. Tremendous insight. The guy should be on some network's monday night crew.

9. Flea Soda

Flea Soda BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +21
    The crew was alright though at times it seems certain commentators were further away from the mic making it harder to hear. I liked Jaws.

I thought the player introductions by players seriously sucked.. I also didn't like the scoreboard marquees or graphics.

• Like Like x 1
  10. sdchrger

sdchrger Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +820
    What was up with that one dude who said that Rivers threw a perfect pass to his wide receiver Eugene Parker?

11. boltssbbound

Ratings:
    +1,508
    I missed that. But an Oakland Tribune writer said in his article that Jordan's fumble was recovered by Marcus Harris.

He also said that Lo Neal ran it into the end zone after the fumble. :icon_shrug:

12. Dublin Bolt

Dublin Bolt BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +493
    Like you I am so into the game watching different things for myself I don't pay all that much attention to the commentators unless they get somethin real wrong. I only remember one mistake by Brad ie. calling MT LT. As for Arnie, wot is he smoking?, he comes on and says something like Art Shell has the Raiders fired up and playin great. Come back to Europe Arnie and talk about the other footie cos u plainly know nothin about the US kind. I guess wot with the da that was init a chat with a firefighter was in order though. God Bless all those innocent that perished 5 years ago yesterday.

13. TJBOLT

TJBOLT Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +19
    How about when the Governator said that it was a Miracle the way that Art Shell's Raiders where playing

14. Dublin Bolt

Dublin Bolt BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +493
    Now that u mention it I think I heard that too....

15. jermz9195

jermz9195 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +6
    Jaws and Vermiel were great. They still managed to bring up insightful analysis even though the game was so one-sided. The "Muy Thai" comments were also notable.

I had to mute my TV during the Vikes/Skins game. Theismann and Kornheiser were just irritating me when they went back and forth. It was also bizarre when Jamie Foxx was in there talking about Tom Cruise. I mean, WTF does that have to do with the game????

16. exodus

exodus Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +133
    They were ok, but seemed a little sloppy. Maybe doing the live coverage wasn't totally ready, but, I'd take anything over Theisman who I think is the biggest douche in all of broadcasting. That idiot needs to be baned from ever talking again.