1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!
    Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers.
    We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

What do you miss most about being a kid??

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Deb, Dec 8, 2008.

1. Deb

Deb BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +255
    What do you miss most about being a kid??
    [​IMG]
    I miss back in the day, right after Thanksgiving in school...they pulled out the Christmas carole music and we'd get to sing Christmas songs..I always loved that....

Or that last week of school before summer....when you didn't have any real work..you desk was empty and visions of three months danced in my head.....

how about you?

• Like Like x 2
  2. SDRaiderH8er

SDRaiderH8er Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,976
    Summer time.

3. BOLTS4LIFE

BOLTS4LIFE Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +542
    lack of responsibility

4. Ride The Lightning

Ride The Lightning Join the Dark Side, we have cookies.

Ratings:
    +1,626
    my best friends pool

5. BOLTS4LIFE

BOLTS4LIFE Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +542
    Hey Deb.

This is your thread so I thought I'd make a suggestion before I do it... this is a very cool topic and could go a looooooooooooong way with some amazing stories.
    A few people have mentioned what they miss most about their childhood. How about they list what they miss most but also mention the activities they enjoyed?

Everybody has stories to tell and at least 99.9% of them would make some great reading. What do you think?

6. Aloha Boy420

Aloha Boy420 New Member

Ratings:
    +2
    So it was around XMas of '85 '86 and i was a full on Voltron fanatic. Rewind back to the days of Transformers, Voltrons, METAL TOYS not that cheap plasticy **** they make nowadays. My friends at school in the 4th Grade all had thier Voltron toys already. Some at least had 1 or 2 of the Lions.

I had nothing

My friends talked **** day in and day out about how i couldnt play Voltron with them because I "didnt even have a Lion."

I tried to use my Mr. T action figure i had as a "RoBeast" (the monsters that would always fight Voltron) but they usually told me i couldnt use my Mr. T as a RoBeast.

Stupid crusty shitkids....

Anyways. Xmas comes up and i beg The Sh*theads (parents) for a Voltron toy finally. Shithead 1 (Dad) tells me "we'll see."

Shithead 2 (mom): "Hmmmmm Voltron... maybe!"
    (stupid C./U/.N/.T)

So as XMas presents are put under the tree i notice i only have ONE LONE PRESENT and my sis got like 4 of them. (skank. I'll speak about her later.)

I'm thinkin' its gotta be the Voltron. My parents would have only gotten me one gift if it was a rEALLY GOOD ONE. The box was as big as the voltron boxes in the toy store and my parents even hinted that that is what they got me. This sh*t right here:
    [​IMG]

WOULD FINALLY BE MINE!

So when Xmas day comes and i open up my present i get THIS ****.....

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

THE CHEAP ASSED PLASTIC VERSION THEY CAME OUT WITH THAT CHRISTMAS THAT WAS LIKE $40-$50 CHEAPER THAN THE ORIGINAL DIE CAST ONE THAT MY FRIENDS HAD.

I had a retarded Voltron and i knew it. When i showed that sh*t to my friends the crusty shitkids just clowned me for having the "Cheap one."

To this day I hate shitkids. Always have always will.

and screw my parents for that cheap assed ****. They tried to pull with the cheap Voltron. Screw them for being cheap shitparents that ruined my social life. This is just one example.

How they utterly and pitifully cared so little about me that I had to get the cheap version of the hottest toy out. I looked like a shitkid for real.

I was also one of the last kids to get a Nintendo.
    F/.U/.C/.K my parents. And thats on the REAL.

7. MtlBoltsFan

MtlBoltsFan Jesse Ventura/Howard Stern 2016

Ratings:
    +382
    Wetting the bed and not feeling ashamed.

8. Carrie1219

Carrie1219 Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +2,022

When you bring ladies home, how do you explain the plastic sheets? :icon_tease:

Oh no, I might regret asking that... :lol:

9. Sydalish

Sydalish Addicted to Sports

Ratings:
    +1,684
    Before the area around my neighborhood was all built up, it was several square miles of chapparal and oak trees all around the nearby lagoon. We would walk home from school, do our homework and then go out and play until it got dark. We had forts and bike jumps and would just hike and bike and play and make believe. Every day was an adventure!

Now, pretty much all of that open space has been replaced by houses, condos, the Four Seasons golf course and resort... I drive through my old haunts everyday but they're just pavement :(

I miss the summertime too... spending nearly everyday at the beach and having zero responsibilities... now THAT was a vacation! :yes:

10. BOLTS4LIFE

BOLTS4LIFE Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +542
    Sounds a lot like the neighborhood I was brought up in and what it is today.

11. Lightning's Girl

Lightning's Girl Mod Chick =) Staff Member Moderator

Ratings:
    +1,153
    Play!! I miss being able to run like the wind and not get tired; roll down hills and get grass everywhere without wheezing; dance and ride bikes and get dirty and not care if I rip a hole in my jeans because it's not my damn job to sew 'em back together. I miss loooooong summer days at the Collier Park pool in Ramona, and chasing fireflies at my aunt's house in Illinois. I also miss being able to eat anything and everything I wanted without getting fat...........those were the days, my friend, I thought they'd never end!

12. Ride The Lightning

Ride The Lightning Join the Dark Side, we have cookies.

Ratings:
    +1,626
    This.

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  13. Buck Melanoma

Buck Melanoma Guest

Ratings:
    +408
    Living in the country, riding dirt bikes with my pals, playing on the farm, jumping off my buddy's boathouse roof into the creek, water skiing, crabbing, piloting the Jamestown/Surry ferry when my friends' dad was captain, making out w/my girl on the beach at night, racing my dad's car, playing baseball, ......... the list goes on & on. :yes:

14. Buck Melanoma

Buck Melanoma Guest

Ratings:
    +408
    Growing up in the country, riding dirt bikes with my pals, playing on the farm, jumping off my buddy's boathouse roof into the creek, water skiing, crabbing, piloting the Jamestown/Surry ferry when my friends' dad was captain, making out w/my girl on the beach at night, racing my dad's car, playing baseball, ......... the list goes on & on. :yes:

15. TheLash

TheLash Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +714
    lack of responsibility.
    and still thinking that I might grow up to be a rich, pro-surfer, outlaw biker with a Tony award for designing lights.

One of my favorite childhood memories was spending an entire summer on Catalina Island working at the boy scout camp.:flag: