1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

What does that Cross guy have against the Chargers?

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by ChargersNguyen, Dec 24, 2006.

1. ChargersNguyen

ChargersNguyen BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +16
    Was it just me or was he negative on the Chargers all game long? Is he a Charger reject or something? Maybe he is a disgruntled UT writer like that tool TJ Simers. It was nice not to hear much from him after that final TD

2. BFISA

BFISA Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,172
  3. foober

foober BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +200
    thankyou delmarbolt fan. I cried a bit seeing that. WEll done. What a year so far. Onto the championship.:yes: :bolt:

4. Thumper

Thumper WHS

Ratings:
    +1,467
    Randy Cross was a center and later guard for the 49ers. I think he played for 12 or thirteen seasons with them and that was his only team. I know he made the pro bowl two or three times.

Don't know what he has against San Diego, but it was getting really annoying listenign to him repeat over and over and over and over what the Chargers were doing wrong. Hey Randy! If you were that good deciding what a team should do, someone would hire you to do just that. As it stands, I believe your job is to just talk about football.

Crazy to me how a guy can comment on the game and think he'd automatically be a better offensive coordinator than the one that's helped this team get to 13 wins against only 2 loses.

:tdown: Thumbs down to you Randy Cross!

5. ChargersNguyen

ChargersNguyen BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +16
    He kept mentioning the way the Chargers got "cute" on the previous drive blah blah blah. It got old after the 20th time he said it

6. WonderSlug

WonderSlug Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +851
    Could be because in Randy Cross' playing days, from 1976 to 1988, his 49ers had a 1-3 record versus the Bolts. :yes:

7. RayDahayder

RayDahayder BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +23
    It really is amazing and sad how few good announcers there are in pro football. I think Troy Aikman and Phil Simms are pretty good.

Dierdork totally annoys me, though.

And, what's with Lou Holtz? This guy is one big saliva machine..... someone needs to implant a drainage tube in this guy's mouth. I have to wear a lobster bib just to watch tv when he's on.

Hey, Lou.... spit it out every so often.

Isn't there a point where you should be put out to pasture?

8. MadMike

MadMike Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +504
    I was sitting next to my Mom and my Wife and they were going off on Rivers not being a Pro-Bowl QB, having a bad, day, that he wasnt showing them anything. Then Cross said he was gonna have to prove he was a star, and I looked at my wife and said prepare for the Godsmack, here comes Philip, and bang touchdown. My Mom almost had a heartattack as my wife and kids and I just started screaming. My cell phone started lighting up but I couldnt even answer it. Too happy to share those kind of moments with my kids and my wife. Amazing at 13-2 how we still kinda feel like the underdogs that no one believes in.

9. Johnny Lightning

Johnny Lightning Go Bolts

Ratings:
    +1,703
    Truth...

10. Thumper

Thumper WHS

Ratings:
    +1,467
    That's excatly what was driving me nuts. Dude made his point, but just kept going on and on. There's a reason nobody with half a brain would hire you to call any NFL teams plays Randy!

11. bigmike.x.09

bigmike.x.09 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +280
    cross can kiss my @$$, shoot, ill help him out and bend over

boo to you cross:tdown:

• Like Like x 1
  12. Alpenbolt

Alpenbolt BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +156
    I have been really impressed with Aikman as an announcer. He is surprisly good. Great voice and makes excellent points.

Cross should be doing sideline reporting for the 49ers radio. He is not a professional announcer. Poor Dick Enberg having to hang with that fool.

13. TheLash

TheLash Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +715
    Good find:tup:

• Like Like x 1
  14. Thunderstruck

Thunderstruck BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +272
    Mike Holmgren was an assistant-coach for the Niners from '86 through '91.

It might be that he wasn't so much anti-Charger as he was pro-Holmgren (which is still wrong.) But I agree...he came off like a guy who was looking for any reason to diss the Bolts...

15. BoneDaddyKool

BoneDaddyKool BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +3
    My family had just started opening gifts, my Mom and Dad, sister brotherin law and 2 nieces, I had to watch the Broncos-Bengals game, cuz my parents have basic cable only. I was checking out Charger updates on my cell when the CBS coverage changed to the Charger game right as Rivers is throwing the game winning TD. As my 6 year old niece is opening a gift, I stood up and yelled, "ATTA BOY PHILLIP!"

everybody looked at me weird, and my niece said "Who's Phillip?"

It was kinda funny.

16. AnteaterCharger

AnteaterCharger Calibrating Bolttalk, Podcast by Podcast Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +2,931
    Jim Nantz
    Joe Buck
    Michaels and Madden
    Ron Pitts

Those are some of the only good announcers

• Like Like x 1
  17. BFISA

BFISA Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,172
    At least he manned up and pointed out the TD pass made alla the poor clock management moot, and did mention he hadda platea crow right there.

Dierdufus never acknowledged his gaff when he kept referring to Mac's hit on TJ as a cheep shot and bush league.

18. Kwak

Kwak ....

Ratings:
    +689
    Yeah, Cross was acting like a tool last yesterday. It seemed when ever the Squawks did anything, Enberg got much more excited then when SD did something. :icon_shrug:

Is it just me or doest it seem more often than not, we get broadcasters that are usually slanted to the other team in their reactions? What happened to unbiased journalism? :icon_huh:

• Like Like x 1
  19. BFISA

BFISA Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,172
    Is it a coincidence that Engberg was also calling the game when Stan hit Tony on that monster pass completion that Sunday in Pittsburgh??

20. SDRaiderH8er

SDRaiderH8er Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,074
    • Like Like x 1
  21. Concudan

Concudan Caffeinated Commando

Ratings:
    +4,979
    I think it is more that we are untra sensative to it as fans.

• Like Like x 1
  22. BFISA

BFISA Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,172
    Do that if'n y'all wanna, if'n it'll make y'all feel better, but won't amountta ****. :no: :icon_shrug: :icon_huh:

23. SDRaiderH8er

SDRaiderH8er Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,074
    Who knows, if enough people complain, we can get rid of him. Besides, I felt better telling CBS exactly how I felt.

24. boltssbbound

boltssbbound Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,554
    He had wrapped up the win for the Seahawks before the game was over, which is why he said he had to "eat this big plate of crow." Even Randy recognized that he'd been too hard on the Bolts.

25. Electric Chair

Electric Chair Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +579
    Haven't read the whole thread, but has anyone mentioned the obvious connection between Cross and the Niners/Holmgren? I would imagine that they are pretty good friends since Holmgren was an Offensive Coach and Cross was an OL...

Hope that crow tasted like **** going down.

26. Buck Melanoma

Buck Melanoma Guest

Ratings:
    +408
    Good analysts are getting harder to find these days, IMO. A lot of the time I'm finding myself turning the sound down during the game just so that I don't have to listen to the crap spewing from guys like Dierdorf & Cross's mouths. Seems it's less & less about good analysis & more about creating media hype. Like Howie said to Joe Buck last week - "What are we now, Hard Copy?". :icon_huh:

27. Chavez

Chavez Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +37
    I caught a few minutes of his NFL radio show 'The Opening Drive' today. The whole issue of toughness came up and how important it is in the NFL to have your quarterback be one of the toughest guys on the team. Randy said that's what impresses him about Phillip - that despite being heavily pressured by Seattle and not having good numbers, he showed a lot of toughness to stand in there and make plays when it counted.

He also said that the perception around the league is that Sheli is a 'soft' quarterback and that he has developed bad mechanics from the years of getting pounded at Ole Miss.

They talked about how continuously facing heavy pressure can lead a quarterback to bad habits like poor footwork and throwing off your back foot. Seems like Phillip as picked up a little of this over the last several weeks.

28. Thumper

Thumper WHS

Ratings:
    +1,467
    Nope, it's not just you.

29. Concudan

Concudan Caffeinated Commando

Ratings:
    +4,979
    So did many Charger fans...

30. Nomadic Bolt Fan

Nomadic Bolt Fan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +334
    Not this fan. Was watching the game with VirginiaBolts and we both felt we would come back and win. This team has 'it' and finds ways to win.

:ABQ2: :helm1: :ABQ1: