1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

What doesn't kill me, makes me stronger

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by Ride The Lightning, Nov 14, 2007.

1. Ride The Lightning

Ride The Lightning Join the Dark Side, we have cookies.

Ratings:
    +1,748
    We're 5-4. Our offense is a lesson in ineffectivness. Our young QB looks lost and scared. Our All World MVP running back is once again mortal. The touted roster of probowl talent is playing like a roster full of training camp fodder.

All that said, we just beat the reigning Super Bowl Champs in what seems like the ugliest way imaginable.

Player spent to much time talking, now there's not a single soul in the locker room tooting his own horn. Before the season, all the media pundits were talking Super Bowl for the Chargers, now, they're mocking us. Good, I say, maybe these guys will find that chip they had on their shoulders last season when all they seemed to care about was running the ball down the opposing defense's collective throat, and just destroying everything in their wake.

When, not if, this thing begins to "click", f'n look the fuk out. Like a caged lion begging to be set free, once the lion figures it's way out of the cage, people will begin to remember why they feared the lion in the first place.

:bolt: Fear this.

NP: Journey - "Don't Stop Believin'"

• Like Like x 3
  2. Shamrock

Shamrock Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,243
    Kick *** and take names.

The Jags are going down.

3. HEXEDBOLT

HEXEDBOLT Don't like it, lump it!!!

Ratings:
    +1,887
    Once the offense starts clicking, they will be a dangerous team to be dealt with.

4. Carlsbad_Bolt_Fan

Carlsbad_Bolt_Fan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,584
    MAJOR rep for you. :tup:

(Sheepishly admits to owning Journey's "Escape" on vinyl many, many moons ago. :lol:)

5. Electric Chair

Electric Chair Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +579
    Hold on to your dreams yeaaaah.

Let's rock and roll, baby. Bring on the Jags!!!!

6. boltsnow

boltsnow BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +56
    But won't success bring Norval back? :icon_huh::icon_shrug::no:

7. Electric Chair

Electric Chair Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +579
  8. Concudan

Concudan Caffeinated Commando

Ratings:
    +4,979
    Norval is back regardless. Spanos will not pay him to not coach for us.

9. boltsnow

boltsnow BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +56
    I thought so to originally, but he is paying alot more in player salary then in Norv's salary and will want production. He knows this team can produce based on last year. If this ship can't be righted, then Spanos needs to take a serious look at the long term ramifications of bringing Norval back. If the players aren't responding to him this year, what makes Spanos think they will respond next year? I believe if Spanos shows any balls at all, he will do it regardless. And I strongly believe that he can bring in anyone and the team will respond just for the fact that he made the right move and they will support his move by playing hard regardless who is at the helm!

I believe they will play hard regardless, what I meant was how they let the coach affect them in terms of drive and motivation. Norval just doesn't have that "it" factor.

10. Boltdiehard

Boltdiehard Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,171
    Good stuff and I'm in a great mood this week. :abq2::bolt::abq1:

Go Chargers!!! :icon_party:

11. Savage Lizard

Savage Lizard Charger fan at 7000'

Ratings:
    +984
    Escape is a great listen! :tup:

12. reddenedbeard

reddenedbeard Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +112
    Nice post .. i was trying to give you reps but apparently I need to spread some around .. :lol:

13. BOLTS4LIFE

BOLTS4LIFE Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +542
    That embarrassment in Minnesota lit a fire up under their ***.
    Hopefully, the embarrassing offensive performance against the Ponies lit a fire up under the entire offensive teams ***!!!

We're going to need some offense in Jacksonville!!!!:bolt:

14. in_a_days

in_a_days dgaf

Ratings:
    +1,018
    :icon_huh:

Must've only been two asses anywhere near that fire... Cro & Sproles

15. cranberry

cranberry BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +195
    But the defence and speacial teamers should keep their fire going.

16. BOLTS4LIFE

BOLTS4LIFE Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +542
    As great as they played on Sunday night, Offense NEEDS to do something!!!!
    If defense and special teams plays like that again, offense needs to close it out and rub the Jags face in it!!!! :yes:

17. PowderLove

PowderLove Former Mod, Current Slacker

Ratings:
    +494
    What I think it comes down to is this: O-line, grow hair you know where, and get the job done.

18. BOLTS4LIFE

BOLTS4LIFE Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +542
    I remember in junior high, Journey was classified as Heavy Metal!!! :lol:

19. Ride The Lightning

Ratings:
    +1,748
    I would much rather the team be successful w/ N:confused:rv than be unsuccessful and have to go through ANOTHER coaching change.
    Exactly. It could be much worse. I'll take a few ugly wins and first place in a weak division over spectulation of our team's impending top 5 pick in next years draft halfway through the current season anyday.

20. Retired Catholic

Retired Catholic BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +347
    If success brings Norval back, it means he finally grown into the job. I don't care if Norval stays-as long as he wins. Otherwise, he can be Shanghaied to a Saipan sweat shopt for all I care.

21. Carlsbad_Bolt_Fan

Carlsbad_Bolt_Fan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,584
    As was REO Speedwagon. :lol:

22. Kwak

Kwak ....

Ratings:
    +689
    Thanks for bringing something readable to the board. :tup:

23. Ride The Lightning

Ratings:
    +1,748
    NP. I thought we could all use a little positivity.

I'm watching the Colts game on NFL Replay right now. The one scoring drive we had Philip was in a good rhythm, no penalties, o-line was getting a push, looked great, nice and effective. The rest of the game, man, penalties penalties penalties killed us. We'd get into a second and 4, third and short, then shoot ourselves in the foot. Philip tried to force the ball too much it appears, the plays he was getting last year he's missing this year. And we've got to mix it up more on 1st down, power 40/50 isn't cutting in vs. 8 and 9 man fronts and all out run blitzes. One or two quick slants or quick play action pass plays will totally back everyone off, they just aren't adjusting, which is frustating to say the least. The defense and special team saved our *** in this one.

Seriously, I think we're getting SOOOoooooo close. Just gotta get a few more plays here and there and cut down the penalties and we'll be awesome again.

Gotta keep the faith. :bolt:

24. KimPossible

KimPossible BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +1,054
    I liked REO Speedwagon way back when lol...Take it on the Run and Keep On Lovin You...I hated Air Supply though...

25. Kwak

Kwak ....

Ratings:
    +689
    I Tivo'd the replay and hope to get a chance to watch it in a few days. I am just trying to keep a positive outlook on things as well. I see no reason to get all depressed and pissed off when there is not jack **** I can do except watch and try to enjoy the ride.

I agree, mixing in some Play Action or Screens on 1st down would do wonders for River's confidence. He just seems off.

26. Ride The Lightning

Ratings:
    +1,748
    He's missing guys so close, and sometimes he's hitting them and they are just flat out dropping them, especially Gates in the 4th on the INT that bounced off Gates' shoulder pads, which would have given us a first, instead, Indy got to march down the field and set up for the Vinatieri fg.

Tomlinson had a GREAT quote @ the end of the Replay, he said:

"We're 5-4, in first place of the division, and we haven't even gotten hot yet", then he sort of shrugged and grinned as if to say, "We're playing like *** and still in it. If we get our offense going, OMG, look out". :tup:

27. Showmeyourbolt

Showmeyourbolt Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +192
    I save all of the games on my computer, and I've watched this one a couple of times. The penalties and stupid mistakes definitely hurt the offense. The playcalling DID improve from Minnesota, though not by leaps and bounds. I saw some actual five yard pass patterns, and we ran a little more off tackle. Whether or not the team will fix these problems, I don't know. Rivers needs to be more composed, and step up into the pocket when throwing. He seems to want to drift backwards even when the pressure doesn't force him to. This seems to be a bigger problem against speed rushers, when Olivea and McNeill force their man outside, and Rivers just drifts back into the rusher.

I will remain hopeful that things get fixed. The line is showing signs of pushing the defense backwards on certain running plays, and I am much more comfortable with Chambers in the lineup, because he has shown a tendency to get open.

28. Shamrock

Ratings:
    +1,243
    Right before the play where Gates was interfered with in the endzone (no call) during the first quarter - before the Kaeding figgie, we ran a shotgun draw 50 Power. It caught Indy in their base "Tampa-2" defense because it was a "pass" tendency formation. The "Tampa-2" base has an inherent weakness against the "Power" running plays.

I don't remember running 50 power out of the shotgun, combing it as a draw. That's new. .... and creative.

29. Shamrock

Ratings:
    +1,243
    That was from his post game press conference, and I quoted that somewhere here after the game. He's right. This team will get hot offensively, and if we can combine that with good defense and special teams then "look out."

The time to "get hot" is right before the playoffs. It's coming.

30. Chargers-Superhero

Chargers-Superhero Just win the Damn SB !!!

Ratings:
    +117

Journey??? Don't Stop Believin??? Rock on dude:tup::abq1: