1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

What Happened?

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by LightEmUp, Oct 25, 2010.

1. LightEmUp

LightEmUp Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +11
    LOL!!!!

See what happens when you back the brand blindly? They will take your hope right out of your Chargers jersey and put it right back into the closet.

"We build through the draft to ensure success in the future"

"We dont need FA help when we draft as well as we do"

"The LT window closes and the PR window opens, all is well"

"We dont need Pro Bowlers with Buster Davis in the wings"

"Drafts take 3-4 years to develop"

"This team will own the AFC West as long as AJ is here"

"Aj has the best formula, no other teams are doing as well as us"

"13-3"

"Norv won a playoff game, Marty didnt, we are great"

"13-3"

"Stack em 3 deep and let em compete"

You were saying what again? :p:D:p

2. HollywoodLeo

HollywoodLeo Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,407
    I'm glad you enjoy the fact that your supposed "favorite team" is losing.

Are you going to be out partying with S.D. Love all weekend in your Ryan Leaf jerseys?

3. Savage Lizard

Savage Lizard Charger fan at 7000'

Ratings:
    +984
    His favorite team is the Jets.

4. Showmeyourbolt

Showmeyourbolt Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +192
    It's obviously LT's fault. He sold his soul to the devil and is casting voodoo magic on our team from the East Coast.

5. LightEmUp

LightEmUp Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +11
    I'm more than just a fan Leo. I'm deeply involved with the moves this team makes. I follow my team very well as each move "I hope" is one that takes us further. I had so much hope for this team back in 06'. Very prideful fan. The Chargers org now views their team as entertainment on the field, not pursuing a Super Bowl. This pisses me off.

I cant be a fan and hate what we are doing at the same time? We've gone over this, you know better. Maybe your bored....

6. LightEmUp

LightEmUp Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +11
    No "State of the Chargers" after going 2-5? - Does the FO even care if the fans are bummed?

7. Carlsbad_Bolt_Fan

Carlsbad_Bolt_Fan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,581
  8. Ride The Lightning

Ride The Lightning Join the Dark Side, we have cookies.

Ratings:
    +1,746
    Troll thread is troll.

9. LaDeezie21

LaDeezie21 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +82
    Not everyone is a homer Leo. People don't like to see the team lose when they are supposed to be contenders...scratch that, when they should be winning a ring or two.

I could understand if this was still the beginning of the season, but they are 2-5 and things aren't getting any better with the Titans coming up. The division isn't sitting still either.

If you are fine with just sitting back and seeing the season go to waste, that's fine. Your choice, but don't get on others for being upset at the miserable season the Chargers have provided so far.

I, like a lot of fans (I'm sure) actually went from being upset to just being amazed (and to a certain point entertained) at the level of incompetence the Chargers displayed this past Sunday. I mean it was like a competition of who wanted it less and the Chargers won out. Even with all of the moronic mistakes they were still able to get into field goal range and what do they do? THEY GET A FALSE START PENALTY! That was rich. I had to laugh at that because I knew that something was going to go wrong. And that's just sad. To know that your team doesn't stand a chance, not because they don't have the skill level to do so, but because they are not mentally capable of staying out of their own way.

I couldn't help but notice that I laughed at the Chargers the way I used to laugh at the Raiders .

10. AnteaterCharger

AnteaterCharger Calibrating Bolttalk, Podcast by Podcast Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +2,928
    there's about a dozen of them and none of them seem to be quite as happy about it as you do

11. LaDeezie21

LaDeezie21 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +82
    I believe it's sarcasm Ant. I could be wrong, but it seems to me like he's reacting the way I do when the Chargers shoot themselves in the foot. I get angry then I just laugh it off, and try to predict how they will screw up next (I did a lot of that this weekend). It doesn't mean I enjoy what's going on, but for me, it just kind of amazes me how bad they play and how predictable they are when they start making those mental mistakes.

It's very frustrating, especially the way they lost this weekend. To call them stupid mistakes would be an insult to all stupid people across the world.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Ride The Lightning

Ratings:
    +1,746
    I love posters who claim to be fans but then spend all their time on the forum sh*tting on the team and their fellow posters.

LEU, your air of superiority has a rotten smell to it. I hope rubbing it in feels good, because you are a sorry little person.

13. LightEmUp

LightEmUp Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +11
    The common theme of this site is to attack a person with names when you cant refute what they say. This is the dopeness of Chargers 411 represented on this site. It's also a great display of the double standards practiced by the boys club frat house on this site. This dude can assume he knows me, call me names and not talk at all about the topic and nothing happens. If I played the same game I'd be looking at a ban from the site.

You kids are so obvious. Again, not my integrity in question.

14. LightEmUp

LightEmUp Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +11
    Appreciate your insight. I also appreciate you not jumping to conclusions about my fandom. I could run circles around these new powder blue fans with how much I know about this team. I cheer for them every sunday like everyone else. Quite frankly it is getting old defending myself for being concerned. It's also very immature to attack a poster when you cant attack what they say.

Thank you for being able to read between the lines.

• Like Like x 1
  15. Ride The Lightning

Ratings:
    +1,746
    LEU, the OP is an attack on all the fans of the team who chose a wait and see attitude. People call you out then all you say is people only want to call you names and not debate you.

Hypocricy at it's finest.

16. LaDeezie21

LaDeezie21 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +82
    Hey no problem. We're all on the same boat here. We're all rooting for a team that's going nowhere fast.

Besides, I've always thought of questioning someones fandom to be kind of silly. Not only is it impossible to measure but it's pointless in that it proves nothing.

Some fans are truly fanatical though. And at times they can't handle criticism about their team. Which explains the thousand and one, "We don't get any respect from so and so" threads on every board of every sport team.

17. LightEmUp

LightEmUp Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +11
    It would be one thing if these guys knew anything about the team or could formulate an opinion beyond a regurgitated theme they find comfort in. They have been dead wrong on many topics, deflect any accountability this team has to it's fans and constantly attack the poster when they cant handle the topic. You've seen it.

I wish we were doing better too.

18. Trumpet_Man

Trumpet_Man Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +654
    I have read most of LEU's posts and he is saying basically what I have been saying without calling you all out as (insert whatever insult here). Most of you deserve it. The dude has a right to say this team is crap and why he thinks it sucks. It ain't chicken little-ism as Conc likes to call it.

Let LEU roam and pillage and mark his territory....and stop starting threads to get posters banned for christs sakes. Take care of business here without getting any ban hammers involved.

• Like Like x 1
  19. Ride The Lightning

Ratings:
    +1,746
    To be fair, I think you've earned the right to call people out. And you do it without personal insults (most of the time).

I believe people deserve to be called out on their bs, but there are better ways to do it than starting a thread to beat your chest and point and laugh at people who are just as upset that the team is playing like sh*t. This is nothing but a self serving "LOL AT ALL OF YOU" thread.

I'm glad LEU is taking such joy in this losing streak.

20. Trumpet_Man

Ratings:
    +654
    Yeah but the dude was banned for what ? Giving "it" back as well as "it" was being dished out by the mob.

I know he thinks AJ is the aniti-christ whereas; I am polar opposite. Keep your enemies closer..........

21. Ride The Lightning

Ratings:
    +1,746
    He was probably banned for derailing every thread he could with personal attacks and off topic posting.

I'm all for giving people the business, but there is a right way and a wrong way. Just saying.

22. JohnnyX

JohnnyX 2017 Chargers Head Coach

Ratings:
    +375
  23. scratchnz

scratchnz BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +90
    People that really care about the team will speak up when they see something wrong...its why Forums exist! If there are plenty of things to Sh#t on, then maybe that just IS what it IS!

Forums are not just for Lovefests...they are for debating everything...the good and the bad.

Get over yourself and stop bringing down others because they believe something different to you

24. JohnnyX

JohnnyX 2017 Chargers Head Coach

Ratings:
    +375
    Why are most of the arguments in this thread not about the chargers? But about who is a troll or not? Leave it be.

25. S.D.Love

S.D.Love Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +7
    Great thread guys. Calling these suckers out on the idiotic crap they were all spewing in September. They'd rather insult people than to admit they were wrong. They call it chest thumping, when it's not. It's defending points that were made here months ago that a whole contingent of people on here relentlessly attacked with snide, snarky insults and said was all nothing but bullcrap.

That being said, I sincerely hope this team turns it around. I'm not ready to throw in the towel yet, and I'm hoping that we can somehow pull it off and at least get into the playoffs. GO BOLTS!!!!!!!!

26. HollywoodLeo

Ratings:
    +2,407
    Really? You seem to be enjoying the losing here.

A real fan who hates the losing would hate the fact that he's been right.

27. HollywoodLeo

Ratings:
    +2,407
    Read the original post.

His agenda isn't just speaking up about what he feels is wrong with the team.

He's here to laugh at all the people who didn't agree with him.

I have no problem with a cynical view. I even have one of my own on certain matters.

But there's a huge difference between having a cynical view and beating your chest and saying "I told you so" if your cynical view is proven warranted.

I just don't understand it, either. It seems to me LEU would want to be proven wrong, but instead he seems to enjoy being right.

28. scratchnz

scratchnz BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +90
    I admit there is a tinge of that in his post

29. S.D.Love

S.D.Love Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +7

Who made you an authority on what a "real" fan is? Why should anyone hate the fact that they were right?
    We were all really concerned about this team. I had a feeling we would be in this situation, so I decided I wouldn't let being 2-5 bother me this year, because this is not the Chargers team we were supposed to have.

If you truly cared about this team, you would hate the fact that you were WRONG, because that's why we're losing.

The fact that YOU WERE WRONG is what is being enjoyed here. Because you were talking like you actually KNEW SHYT, and YOU DON'T KNOW SHYT, you just know how to get into piss ant arguments on football message boards.

"He's here to laugh at all the people who didn't agree with him."

What's wrong with laughing at idiots. You deserve to be laughed at. You deserve to be humiliated for talking big and then getting smacked down by the brutal facts of reality.

30. Trumpet_Man

Ratings:
    +654
    The bytch slap of reality strikes again.

Harsh - brutal and true.