1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!
    Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers.
    We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

what if NE still wins???

Discussion in 'Smack Talk' started by 31-last2years-4, Sep 8, 2008.

1. bigmike.x.09

bigmike.x.09 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +279
    if they still win, more power to em, but you guys dont play TOO much talent this year so i wouldnt expect anything in the long run

2. BeerGuy

BeerGuy BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +79
    We'll win our fair share, but each week will be an adventure. I won't feel comfortable going into any game.

We've got two in the bank already, though, which is nice. Maybe the world isn't coming to an end............

3. 31-last2years-4

31-last2years-4 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +5
    Cassel almost went down with a busted knee today... oof!

tough loss today, guys. Not a fan, but, oof. Then they went for two.

4. Buck Blincoe

Buck Blincoe BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +207
    Has anyone taken notice of Pats rookie linebacker Jerod Mayo?

He has played every defensive play for the Pats, and he has 14 solo tackles.

The guy is a monster for only having eight quarters of NFL experience.

I loved Shanahan's two-point conversion call...lots of guts, but the Chargers got jobbed by the refs...no doubt about that.

5. Gridreaper

Gridreaper BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +96
    ...What's with all this Patriot propaganda?

6. in_a_days

in_a_days dgaf

Ratings:
    +1,018
    They're definitely working a whole good cop bad cop angle. :lol:

7. Buck Blincoe

Buck Blincoe BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +207
    Surely you jest. The thread title is.....? Duh!

8. Buck Blincoe

Buck Blincoe BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +207
    Excellent. You know you've arrived when the opposition claims everybody hates you. How many decades have the Charges drawn a blank? And it ain't looking so great thus far this year.

However, I don't want to get tossed for being a NE meanie, so I'm sorry about Merriman, and I'm sorry you got jobbed last week, and I'm sorry you are 0-2. You can beat up on the Patriots October 12. It has been a while since that happened. Maybe you can do it without Brady....maybe not.

9. Savage Lizard

Savage Lizard Charger fan at 7000'

Ratings:
    +913
    My post was in response to one of your fans assertions about why people hate the Patriots. That's all.

As for the "Chargers haven't won ****" smack, yeah, heard it a million times. We have Raider fans around, and that's their favorite response to every question.

The Pats hadn't won **** before 2001, but now that they have, I guess you, as a fan who had ABSOLUTELY NOTHING to do with it, have license to be a jerkoff about it. Have fun.

• Like Like x 1
  10. BeerGuy

BeerGuy BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +79
    Okay, so what if we lose......?

11. Carlsbad_Bolt_Fan

Carlsbad_Bolt_Fan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,394
    Good question.

BTW...not trying to be an *** here...but I thought you went to the games? What are you doing here posting? :icon_huh:

12. pure-sol

pure-sol Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +208
    Then I guess it was all Brady, and Belicheat is hardly the "offensive genius" that everyone claimed he was! :tup:

13. BeerGuy

BeerGuy BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +79

No worries....my 8 year old's 1:00 flag football game trumps the Pats game. He's a Houston Texan, and their QB/Safety, playing both sides of the ball. They won 42-0 but I had the Pats game streaming on my blackberry the whole time.

For the record, I had 12 tickets in my hand last Tuesday and gave them all away to customers and salespeople.:yes:

14. Carlsbad_Bolt_Fan

Carlsbad_Bolt_Fan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,394
    Kids>Football. I agree. :icon_toast:

15. 31-last2years-4

Ratings:
    +5
    yeah, I coach pop warner and my games go off at 1:30. first season coaching in a few years and let me tell you we got smoked 42-26... but it wasn't that close, really.

anyways, if the Pat's lose, like I said before, we can draft like a mortal team does.

after the Miami game, looks like a real-live rebuilding year. But I do like our 1st rounder, Ron Brady (something like that), a QB out of New England. Big strong kid, makes all the throws, they say he's a real leader on the field... Played in some big games and has won some big games.

16. Buck Melanoma

Buck Melanoma Guest

Ratings:
    +408
    Boy, a lot of the Pats' fans must have had something really pressing to do after the game yesterday. Looked like they couldn't get out of the stadium fast enough.

:icon_rofl: :icon_rofl: :icon_rofl:

17. 31-last2years-4

Ratings:
    +5
    I'm ok with it. I've embrased the fact that we've put off rebuilding for years and it finally caught up with us. My Zen master showed me how to compartmentalize my... discouragement. I'm fine.

As for those who were leaving... well... they've left early before, but usually it was after we were up by 30+.

I look at this season as an opportunity to enjoy the season. You may not understand this, but to just know you're going to win the vast majority of your games, and then do it, sort of takes the fun out of watching the games. This'll bring back my enthusiasm (sp) a little bit.