1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

What if the Chargers don't get far??

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by SDSWEATHOGS, Nov 27, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SDSWEATHOGS

SDSWEATHOGS Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +7
    You have the defense to do it. We all certainly know you have the offense to do it. But what if, for whatever reason, the chargers have another early exit from the playoffs? What then? It's probably to early to speculate, but it was just a thought, seeing that you had to come back from a 17 point deficit two weeks in a row, then this weekend, the chargers really had to sweat it out to beat the weakest team in the division. Your thoughts.

2. BFISA

BFISA Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,172
    Man Law

3. sdchrger

sdchrger Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +820
    This coming from a Raider fan. :icon_rofl:

4. mapcap55

mapcap55 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +66

Up your nose with a rubber hose...

5. Boltdiehard

Boltdiehard Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,171
    We were missing five starters.

We just came off two brutal emotional wins on the road (something the Raiders are YEARS away from doing)

We'll be fine.

Any questions?

6. Concudan

Concudan Caffeinated Commando

Ratings:
    +4,827
    As have most other teams that have played the Raiders. Do you think the Raiders roll into a game expecting to lose, or not ready to play?

C'mon get real.

7. Carrie1219

Carrie1219 Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +2,022
    The Chargers would rather play in the play offs than just watch them like some teams we know.

8. PhilipRivers#1

PhilipRivers#1 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +464
    Most championship caliber teams have a tendency to play to the level of their competition.

I remember seeing alot of this when the 49'ers won their string of championships with Joe Montana at the helm.

These Bolts are different and can turn it on when needed.

We will go far this year if not all the way. :bolt:

9. BFISA

BFISA Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,172
    Oooops

Bolt Law

10. SDSWEATHOGS

Ratings:
    +7
    Thank you PR#1 for giving an intellegent answer. Can't believe some people can't answer a simple question.

11. Carrie1219

Carrie1219 Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +2,022
    Darn, there goes my chances. :icon_cry:

• Like Like x 1
  12. turbo_turtle

turbo_turtle In Disguise

Ratings:
    +890
    That is to me uncalled for SDSWEATHOGS. That is also smack talk and you need to leave all the smack talk in the smack talk forums threads please.

I thank you very much.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Drunk

Drunk Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +202
    What if

What if the Raidurs win out?

What if the Chargers win the Super Bowl?

What If.

Why? Do you really want to know?

14. PhilipRivers#1

PhilipRivers#1 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +464
    Sorry man, I generally prefer women with large breasts.

But there is nothing wrong with being gay if thats what you are.

15. Drunk

Drunk Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +202
    What if people stopped asking idiotic questions?

16. WonderSlug

WonderSlug Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +851
    The Raiders' defense makes them a team better than their record.

The Raiders held Denver to no more than 17 points twice this year.

The Raiders held KC to only 17 points in Arrowhead.

The Raiders held the Steelers to 13 points.

The Raiders held Seattle to only 16 points in Seattle.

The Raiders lost a narrow battle with the Browns.

If Oakland had any type of offense, they would have won those 5 games that they lost, maybe even ours yesterday, and we'd be talking about a team that is around 8-3.

So, to beat them on a day when we had a bunch of starters and important players out, our QB playing his worst game of his life, the OL not pass blocking as well as it has been, is an accomplishment.

17. cranberry

cranberry BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +195
    Even when the question comes from a Raiderfan, it's a question about sportsmanship and competition. The Bolts are strong on both sides, can overcome trailing a lot of points and getting polls as No. 1
    I believe in Rivers, Tomlinson, Merriman and the whole team to get it really far this year and for heaven's sake five more years.
    My concern is that top AFC-teams have often lost their first playoff homegame (KC 95,97,03 Denv 96, SD> 04) so that an early exit must be avoided. 1st or 2nd seed isn't a save margin to reach the Superbowl. Pittburgh showed it last year. so maybe it's the best turn to be a hometeam at wildcard weekend and win in Baltimore and Indianapolis the following weeks.

18. boltssbbound

boltssbbound Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,508
    My thoughts are that we just beat your azz yet again, and I'm not interested in your impossible fantasies.

You just got a lightning bolt jammed so far up your black hole that it's coming out your mouth. So perhaps you should contemplate how that tastes for awhile before you start talking shiat.

• Like Like x 1
  19. BOLTS4LIFE

BOLTS4LIFE Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +542
    Exactly what I was going to say. We'll have some of those starters back next week and we'll be ready to go!!!!

Also... Every team has their bad games but the best teams win those bad games!!!:bolt:

20. foober

foober BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +200
    Originally Posted by SDSWEATHOGS
    Thank you PR#1 for giving an intellegent answer... I have homosexual tendencies! How about you?

SDSWEATHOGS are all raiter fans homosexual. Not theres anything wrong with that. Just asking.:icon_tease:

• Like Like x 1
  21. SDSWEATHOGS

Ratings:
    +7
    I ain't talking shiat. I posted a legitimate question in the appropriate forum. I don't get it. I go to the smack forum and all I get from charger fans is to go post in the discussion forum. I come here and post something legit, and I get blasted. boltssbound, you can try (emphasis on try) to smack with me if you like at the smack forum. I haven't been there in a while but I'll be more than happy to hear what other little rants you might have.

22. LT-Express

LT-Express Bolttalk.com Janitor since 06' Staff Member Super Moderator

Ratings:
    +422
    My advice is that wouldnt be a good idea either.....As you can only use the how many rings do we have so many times! We have whipped your asses what 6-7 times in a row, and by the way loved the fact that on the jumbo tron at Qualcomm they showed the division race and highlighted the Raiders put an x next to their name and put x-eliminated from playoffs....:icon_rofl:

23. boltssbbound

boltssbbound Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,508
    Your veiled attempt to rile people up and distract us from yet another victory over the Raiders is not fooling anyone.

By posing this question, you are attempting to pee on our parade. Excuse me for recognizing it and calling you on it.

How about I pose this question: What if the Raiders blow yet another top 10 draft pick?

If I posed that question, wouldn't you see it as at least a little inflammatory.

Yours is not a question intended for serious discussion, but rather a veiled attempt at smack from someone who lacks both subtlety and originality.

24. turbo_turtle

turbo_turtle In Disguise

Ratings:
    +890
    I myself might be a semi literate moron. I read in your question is a stealthy way into smack and yet again it needs to stay into that section.

So to me smack talk is smack talk reguardless of the angle that it is said.

SDSWEATHOGS please take your smack talk into the smack talk section it will be much appreciated.

I thank you very much.

25. tboltzcali

tboltzcali Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +108
    What if I locked this no good of a thread? What would you do? Your thoughts..

26. SDSWEATHOGS

Ratings:
    +7
    The simple fact that its coming from a Raider fan is why everybody here is getting all bent out of shape about it. I didn't realize everybody here would react this way. I'm not trying to pee on anybody's parade here, I just wanted to know what charger fans might think IF you had another early exit from the playoffs, that's all. Judging by the team you have this season, you should go deep in the playoffs, even SB participation. But what if you don't??? Stranger things have happened, and your team is not immune to any bad breaks that might befall a team at this point in the season. Now, if you choose to turn a blind eye to this, then by all means go ahead, its understandable. And tboltz, if you feel you have to lock this "no good thread", by all means brother, do your job.

27. Concudan

Concudan Caffeinated Commando

Ratings:
    +4,827
    I am closing this thread. many of you are over reacting and taking things to levels they do not need to go.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.