1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

What if....

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by ChargerRay, Nov 2, 2014.

1. ChargerRay

ChargerRay #FireMcCoy #FirePagano Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +867
    we lose the next game at home to the Raiders?

2. Lancer 1

Lancer 1 Eternal Optimist

Ratings:
    +341
    The way we’re currently playing, it’s entirely possible.

They know they should’ve beaten us in Oakland, so confidence won’t be a problem for them and until we learn how to pressure an opposing passer & protect our own, any NFL team has a decent shot at beating us. :poop:

3. JohnnyX

JohnnyX 2017 Chargers Head Coach

Ratings:
    +378
    What if we never win another game ever? How crazy will this place be then?

If we can't win a Super Bowl, sweeping the Raiders is the next best thing.

4. Bigkdb

Bigkdb BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +74
    Fire Pags and do something with Reich. Revoke his power and have Mccoy take over most of his playcalling duties. Shuffle the offensive line and for god sakes bench Donald Butler and Reyes

• Like Like x 1
  5. Carlsbad_Bolt_Fan

Carlsbad_Bolt_Fan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,582
    You'd see throngs of folks with 20/20 hindsight claiming A) how right they were all along and B) we need to tank the season & trade away our top players so we can build through the draft. Also C) endless comparisons to Norv, which for some f*cked up reason, people can't seem to let go of.

• Winner Winner x 1
  6. Sandolf

Sandolf Blue Moon Rising

Ratings:
    +410
    I think it is absolutely hilarious that McCoy is getting a free pass on this. Fire Rumsfeld, do something with Condi Rice and have Dubya decide everything!

Shyte! Half the people who post on this board were not even alive the last time the Chargers lost this badly, and the solution is to concentrate more power on the HC? :sleep:

---
    Better than shuffling the OL... take away that stoopid golf visor and don't give it back to him until he gets his shet together.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. Lance19

Lance19 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +2,152
    Yeah! I hate a-holes who bring up Norv outta the blue for some f*cked up reason!!! :laugh:

8. AnteaterCharger

AnteaterCharger Calibrating Bolttalk, Podcast by Podcast Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +2,929
    If we lose to the Raiders I don't want to hear squat about playoffs, and obviously then this team is not as good as we were led to believe.

I don't believe in firing Reich (first year on the job, and not like he hasn't had good moments) or McCoy (who has shown really good signs and is only in year 2). Pagano I've lost all faith in; unless he has the perfect team with NO INJURIES he can't do squat. It was a mistake to keep him around period, and it can be fixed immediately.

The lines need to be altered, immediately. The team needs to use Carrethuers as their full time NT and needs to replace Reyes with Matthews (who at least tries). Rhinehart needs to be benched as does Ohrnberger (both are better backups who can't handle full time work). Your OG-C-OG combo will be Troutman (or Watts - put Clary on IR) - T. Robinson - Watt. And it'll be rethought out in the off-season too. In addition I'm benching Butler, I don't care any longer if Te'o is out or not.

9. Lance19

Lance19 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +2,152
    To be fair, my pre-season prediction was 9-7...
    so being 5-4 right now is pretty much exactly how good I thought they looked to be on September 7th.

10. HEXEDBOLT

HEXEDBOLT Don't like it, lump it!!!

Ratings:
    +1,886
    Elephants actually could fly?????????? In Coming!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:poop: :poop::poop: :poop::poop: :poop: Damn, that was close!!!

11. ThunderHorse17

ThunderHorse17 Lone Wolf

Ratings:
    +341
    :poop::poop::poop::poop::poop:

I guess :poop: does roll downthread.

12. robdog

robdog Code Monkey Staff Member Administrator

Ratings:
    +268
    I really hope we don't lose to the Raiders... I can totally see us coming out flat and unprepared...

13. Moses

Moses Can You Stand The Rain?

Ratings:
    +358
    Bro, they're still the Raiders, and last time I checked, they still suck.

14. Bigkdb

Bigkdb BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +74
    What makes more sense? continuing to give somebody more opportunities to **** up or have somebody help them and make them concentrate harder on the smaller amount of things they can do to help the team?

15. Bigkdb

Bigkdb BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +74
    "Pagano I've lost all faith in; unless he has the perfect team with NO INJURIES he can't do squat. It was a mistake to keep him around period, and it can be fixed immediately.

The lines need to be altered, immediately. The team needs to use Carrethuers as their full time NT and needs to replace Reyes with Matthews (who at least tries). Rhinehart needs to be benched as does Ohrnberger (both are better backups who can't handle full time work). Your OG-C-OG combo will be Troutman (or Watts - put Clary on IR) - T. Robinson - Watt. And it'll be rethought out in the off-season too. In addition I'm benching Butler, I don't care any longer if Te'o is out or not."
    HALLELUAH!!!

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. tito

tito BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +133
    Heard you on Dave and Jeff.

17. SuperCharger92

SuperCharger92 Winners Win

Ratings:
    +942
    This loss was on everybody. The coaches not getting the players prepared well enough and players showing absolutely no heart or pride.

You want to make a statement on D? Bench your ILB that got a 7 year deal. Because right now he ******* sucks. Want to make another statement? Bench your starting DE's that get washed out in the run game (Reyes) and consistently draw flags on crucial stops (Liuget).

The defense is so vanilla and the offense is so soft serve. It was painful to watch. DJ Fluker who is a leader on this team and always comes to work "looking to get better everyday" has been one of the worst OT's this year. Bench his *** too. Bench Rinehart as well. Those 2 have been flat out terrible all year.

18. SuperCharger92

SuperCharger92 Winners Win

Ratings:
    +942
    I'd honestly start looking at the FA pool and also PS. Either promote Watts or go find a OG/OT to replace Fluker. It's been that bad this year. The guy puts his head down when engaging and gets embarrassed by pass rushers. I understand the last 3 weeks he's gone against the best, Houston & Hali, Miller & Ware and Wake and Vernon, but he's got to be better than what he's shown. Getting beat too easily.

Rinehart and Ohrenberger got pushed off the snap and have been blown away the last few weeks. Crazy. I mean I can't believe I'm going to say this, but Clary would be an upgrade at this point.

I'd seriously start a tandem of Dunlap, Troutman, Robinson, Watt and Smith next game. It's been atrocious.

Last edited: Nov 3, 2014
  19. OP Bolt

OP Bolt BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +10
    Oakland is the only "easy" game we have left and Oakland nearly beat us with a rookie QB playing in his first game. That game, while in the win column, was the first game of the Chargers downward spiral. We were a last minute interception from possibly being 4-5 at this point. One has to believe that they know that and will be super motivated to get a win when they come to play. So, if we lose to Oakland, from a numbers point of view it realistically ends any playoff hope this year. We would drop too far behind any of the likely wild card teams in wins/losses and it would make us 1-3 in the division and unlikely to beat either KC or Denver in the remaining division games leaving us at 1-5 in the division. Beyond the numbers, this team appears to be in an inverted spin (a'la Houston and Atlanta), and it may get a lot worse before it gets better.

Overcoming the funk from the Miami game will take a lot more than getting some guys back from injury. Magic Mike is going to have to put on his best motivator disguise to drag these guys back up out of the muck they put themselves into.

20. Blitzy

Blitzy Spanos Chargers Troll

Ratings:
    +1,026
    I was listening to Ray Lewis on the SiriusXM's Mad Dog channel 85 talking to the host about Broncos at Patriots game. Now, I know that Ray-Ray is not a prime example of a model human being, but when it comes to D's and Football, one ought to take note:

He was criticizing this so called upgraded Denver D as compared to last year's in their inability to put a lick on Gronc! He was saying that in his day, he would instruct his DT's to widen the gap for instance and tell his OLB's NOT to let let these type of TE's to get off so freely of the line. He demanded that they'd be smacked in the mouth and if they were going to lose games to better teams, then so be it but they would not lay down like docile dogs in front of so called offensive juggernauts and he was mad over D's allowing games becoming "volleyball" as he termed it in the sense that balls being thrown for significant gains to receiving TE's and the tall athletic WR's. As stated earlier, there is merit to how Ray-ray feels.

With that said, our newly crowned Pink Pooftah Butterfly is supposed to be a defensive Captain and the signal caller! Can you imagine if anyone heeds to this wanker with his softy-soft performance week in and week out? The mantle of this coaching staff will be told after the Bye and against the Raiders. Injuries, scrubs, yada-yada and what not; the coaches starting with McCoy will have to figure out a way to field their best and most motivated squad with what they will have at their disposal. No more lock for starters if they are not performing. You know that the Raiders will be coming over smelling blood and despite their record, they are heck of lot better than that lousy record. If one buys into the old adage, "you are what your record says you are", then with that pathetic performance in So. FL yesterday, do not expect to go 6-4 anytime soon.

This 3 game losing streak can be resolved and reversed, but it will take resolve and intestinal fortitude to sit those who have been a part of the problem. We are still in the pack looking at the rear ends of both the Patriots and the Broncos and it shall remain that way. The good thing is that we play both of those teams if we wish to redeem ourselves! I will repeat this again and I hope that it will reach Charger Park:

IT IS NOW UPON YOU McCOY AND ALL OF YOUR COACHING PLUS TRAINING STAFF. Grrrrrrrr :mad: :mad: :mad:

21. HEXEDBOLT

HEXEDBOLT Don't like it, lump it!!!

Ratings:
    +1,886
    Same old whine in a brand new bottle.

22. ChargerRay

ChargerRay #FireMcCoy #FirePagano Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +867
    Haha..yeah had to vent.

• Like Like x 3
  23. DanB 21

DanB 21 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +3
    I've projected us a 10-6 record, dropping one interdivision and losing both times to the broncos.

So if we lose to the raiders, in my eyes, certainly we will be out of playoff contention, and they may as well stick some backups in and avoid more injuries going into next season.

Playing for pride seems to be moot at this point after the last performance, pride has been thoroughly pissed up the wall.

Still a charger fan for life though, just time to be realistic.

24. Lancer 1

Ratings:
    +341
    Derek Carr has been starting for Oakland all season, Jacksonville was the team we played who started a rookie QB in his 1st game (Blake Bortles). He out of the gate firing, and we trailed 7-3 and 14 -10 before taking a 3 point lead going into halftime, getting the ball 1st in the 3rd Quarter and scoring a touchdown to go up by 10. We added 3 more field goals in the 2nd half and won going away.

I eagerly await getting a few of our studs back from injury, but unless our O-line starts blocking better, it may not matter at all.

25. ChargerMike

ChargerMike BoltBruthaFromAnuthMutha

Ratings:
    +481
    Freak'n Gayders almost came back on the SeaCocks IN Seattle yesterday......looks like they're a few bounces away from a win......a loss at home at this point is in the realm of possibilities now unfortunately....I guess we gotta hope they win this weekend against the Donks though.....
    I'm still in shock about the abortion yesterday.....just can't believe it.....UGH...:sick:
    I mean it's one thing to get beat......but that was a complete humiliation rape.....I had to F'n take a shower and use a rape kit afterwards....:notworthy:

I wish McCoy at his presser would just come out and say "WE JUST FREAK'N SUCKED A**"!!!.....instead of the same old lame sh*t.....I wanna see that dude get F'n mad......:mad:

26. Lancer 1

Ratings:
    +341
    I like to think that in private with the team, he may have thrown a chair or 2 and overturned a table, and promised that they would all be running m’fers during their bye week.

At least the team brought in another DE (Damion Square, formerly of the Eagles & Chiefs) and waived the recently promoted Adrian Phillips to make room on the roster. We need somebody who can stuff the run & pressure the passer, and I’d be all for signing a sumo wrestler if I though he could do the job!

27. Lance19

Lance19 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +2,152
    What exactly were you doing while the game was on the TV?!? :eek:

• Funny Funny x 1
  28. SayOw

SayOw BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +50
    I think the entire Chargers team was looking ahead to the bye...giving a half hearted effort to coast into a couple week break.

The defense, though, has shown it is really that bad. Tannehill, single handedly, torched the Chargers all day on Sunday. If anything, I'm agreeing with Pagano should be fired asap, ala Ted Cottrell, and be let go during the bye week.

29. Joy Division

Joy Division Slightly-known Member

Ratings:
    +542
    My prediction is 12-4 and I'm sticking to it for now...

• Funny Funny x 1
  30. ChargerMike

ChargerMike BoltBruthaFromAnuthMutha

Ratings:
    +481
    Who is this "Tannehill" guy everybody claims was playing on Sunday???
    I could of swore it was Joe freak'n Montana......and so did our weak-*ss defense.
    F'n pathetic.....if there's a possible "turn-around" somewhere....I just don't see it.....no pass rush....our schemes suck., and the DB's continue to get torched.....what a F'n mess. :tdown:

• Agree Agree x 1