1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

What Igor Had To Say

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by WeStrikeSunday, Jan 16, 2008.

1. WeStrikeSunday

WeStrikeSunday BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +6
    "Who? New England?" Olshansky said. "Seriously, I mean, they're more worried than we are, I promise you. Believe me. They know what's up."

I find it funny, I don;t mind it at all. I wouldnt mind them all yelling like mad in the game . I just want them to Win. As long as they are not being jerks saying f you and crap im all good. Igor was addressed about it by Norv which is fine. Ha but Merriman was laughing when asked about Rivers so his team is behind him all the way. I just want us to be so fired up this sunday that they hammer the pats will all their anger , revenge, and passion they got. This is going to be one heck of a game. But igor is slightly right they are worried in a sense. EMBRACE THE HATE! BOLTS!

2. Ride The Lightning

Ride The Lightning Join the Dark Side, we have cookies.

Ratings:
    +1,746
    I really wish he wouldn't have said it only because I wanted to hear NOTHING from the team this week.

3. Chargers-Superhero

Chargers-Superhero Just win the Damn SB !!!

Ratings:
    +117

I was thinking Igor was meaning the pressure is all on the Pats for being Undefeated, and having to live up to all the hype surrounding them. If they lose, that's all everyone will be talking about in the offseason, how they "choked" in the playoffs.

Plus with SD being the hottest team right now, I really believe that's what he meant, I don't think he was trying to desrespect them at all.

4. WeStrikeSunday

Ratings:
    +6
    Yeah i know what you mean, but its Igor you know how he is. I just heard it tonight so it hasnt been crazy media talk hopefully it will stay that way. You do remeber igor 1 2 punching right. He had the right to do that because that denver player was going for his legs. :]

5. WeStrikeSunday

Ratings:
    +6
    thats a new way to look at it thanks for that new perspective, but the media if they get a hold of this will be making a huge deal out of it and won;t think twice thats how they are.

6. Dublin Bolt

Dublin Bolt BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +500
    I wasn't too pleased to see him say what he said, on the other hand though it tells u something about what our D is thinking and feeling. Igor has come on real strong (excuse the pun) in the last 8 weeks. So, he has every right to have an opinion. And he's not the type of player the opposition can embarass on the field of play ala that Steeler safety who was guaranteeing a win against the Pats, what a tool he was.

:icon_twisted:

7. Crime Time 31

Crime Time 31 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +3
    I really wish Igor hadn't of said anything, as I wanted to have a quiet week and focus 100% on this game. We already know that they're an amazingly talented team, they don't need any bulletin board material.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Buck Melanoma

Buck Melanoma Guest

Ratings:
    +408
    You may be right with this take. NE does have the most pressure. They have everything to prove, we're expected to lose.

Win or go home. That's the focus. :tup:

9. GreyHoodie

GreyHoodie BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +9
    Igor wanted attention. His name will be mentioned on TV a lot more this week than it would have been otherwise.

10. Buck Melanoma

Buck Melanoma Guest

Ratings:
    +408
    His name will get plenty of mention on Sunday, as in "Another HUGE hit on Brady by Igor Olshansky". :tup:

11. Bolt Action

Bolt Action BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +1
    I kinda wish they would all just keep their mouth shut, but that's wishful thinking on my part. Igor definetly isn't the type of guy to be intimidated though so I'm pretty sure he can back up his mouth.

12. nickelbolt

nickelbolt Fuggedaboutit

Ratings:
    +886
    Igor's just a meat head. New England knows that. They won't really use this for any motivation. They know the Chargers are coming in ready for a fight, so this won't make a bit of difference. Although, there may be a few little extra jabs thrown at Igor in the middle of the skirmish.

It will have no effect on the outcome of the game. Win or lose, there will be casualties on the Patriots' side.

13. Trumpet_Man

Trumpet_Man Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +654
    I heard Igors blast and what is even more interesting is Cromartie's comments that the people who attended the welcome home rally were all bandwaggoners. Cromartie made the comment "where were they when we were 1-3?"

Cromartie is not talking for the rest of the week.

I am surprised Cro is getting an apparent easy pass in this forum on that comment.

14. boltmanbz

boltmanbz Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +86
    i think Cro gets a pass cause most of us know we are not who he is talking about, if u see someone say something about Cro's comment then they know that Cro was talking about them

15. PowderLove

PowderLove Former Mod, Current Slacker

Ratings:
    +494
    Let Igor speak his mind. He didn't say, "We're going to win on Sunday, I guarantee it." I don't really care how much the Patriots listen to our players. If they need our team's interviews for extra motivation then that's their problem. I want to play the Patriots at their best, nothing less.

16. nickelbolt

nickelbolt Fuggedaboutit

Ratings:
    +886
    So it's apparent that part of the driving force behind this team's resurgence is the fact that they know their own fans doubted their ability. If you think about it, Rivers started acting up right about the time the fans were booing him in SD... which coincides with the team's comeback.

They embraced the hate first... we're just following their lead.

So be it. :bolt:

17. Trumpet_Man

Ratings:
    +654
    The announcers on 1090 sports radio were all over Cros comments yesterday. I certainly do not hope Cro expects the fans to welcome them home after every game? Cro did the right thing and said he was putting up a sign on his locker and was not talking to anyone this week.

18. BOLTS4LIFE

BOLTS4LIFE Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +542
    Let Igor be Igor and let Rivers be Rivers!!! :yes: :bolt:

19. Trumpet_Man

Ratings:
    +654
    Apparently so. Hmmm....if the players feel they need to motivate themselves by putting down the fans (the fanatics) to win a Lombardi and they get it done - right on.

Use the hate on the fans to get 'er done and shove it up our wazoos. So long as it gets done, fuc it. :bolt:

20. Skuzzlebutt

Skuzzlebutt BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +128

I agree. But as far as the comments overall, I just blow them off as a kid mouthing off. Which is a bit surprising as he seems very level headed.

You have to understand alot of things that make his desire for thousands of fans to show up after a Charger loss at the begining of the season simply ridiculous. Those games aren't as important, sorry I'm not going to spend my hours waiting for you to get home even after a win. I don't think the players would WANT a crowd of fans after they played like hell. Just look at how many fans were still coming to games when they were 1-3.

It was just a simple slip or mistake on Cro's part. Until it becomes a trend it doesn't bother me at all.

And for Igor? He was just expressing how all the pressure is on the Pats, so they have more reason to be scared. Nothing more nothing less.

21. GodofBolts

GodofBolts BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +0
    I think is stupid that all these "experts" calls us a trash talking team. I mean the only negative thing these idiots can say about us is that we talk to much trash. But I guess they want to paint us as the bad ones and make the Patriots the "model" classy good guy team. I mean aside from them cheating, running up the score, and being a selfish stat oriented team I guess that they are right to call us the bad guys, what was I thinking :icon_twisted:......... I had another thought but Bolts4Life's great pictures threw me off track.

22. flash

flash BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +0
    I think giving the other team bulletin fodder is never a good idea.
    You usually look like a fool in the end. Just ask Chad Johnson.

Hey Chargerssupperhero, thanks for the link. I am not sure how to feel about Stacie. In some pics she looks real good, then in others she looks like a butterface.:icon_shrug:

23. Fouts

Fouts I heart Deano!

Ratings:
    +345
    Agreed...

He said it, so he better bring it... :bolt:

24. Trumpet_Man

Ratings:
    +654
    Agreed.

Cro will learn and I give the dude a pass and if it continues, we will cross that bridge as a fan base.

25. AnteaterCharger

AnteaterCharger Calibrating Bolttalk, Podcast by Podcast Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +2,928
    if you need 'bulletin board material' to get fired up for the AFC Championship game then you don't deserve to be playing. Trash talking at this point is almost moot.

Hasn't stopped Ben Maller and everyone else from calling Igor an 'irrelevant nobody' and 'just goes to show you the chargers have no class'

• Like Like x 1
  26. foober

foober BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +200
    What IGOR meant is the ashwipe, arrogant, cheating pats are in fear of loosing this chargers game this weekend. While the chargers are going into this game to win it.:yes:

27. Trumpet_Man

Ratings:
    +654
    What I find sort of annoying is how some fans have turned into flaming WUSSIES regarding the bulletin board material ****.

Willie Joe Namath called his shot and backed it up.

Since then, fans have by in large turned into pusssies.

Why be scared?

Fuc that.

If someone wants to say the Chargers are going to kick the living **** out of the Patriots, let them shout it from the highest mountain and just back it up.

28. PowderLove

PowderLove Former Mod, Current Slacker

Ratings:
    +494
    Like Ant and I are saying, if you win 17 in a row then have to purposfully interpret quotes in a negative way to gain some extra inspiration, that's kind of pathetic. I actually feel bad for the Patriots a little. They can't enjoy anything they do. In 20 years, Brady won't be able to look back and be proud, because not even last week can matter to him by order of his coach. If you can't fully enjoy the ride, then what the hell is the point?

29. foober

foober BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +200
    The chargers and most of the world knows the chargers are the better team. I'd have to guess the pats are very worried right now. Think how the media will crucify the pats when they loose this week. The pats are in great fear right now.:yes:

30. AnteaterCharger

AnteaterCharger Calibrating Bolttalk, Podcast by Podcast Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +2,928
    Haven't you learnt yet? It'll be the Pats lost or the Chargers cheated or it was just a fluke and therefore we don't deserve anything we get