1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!
    Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers.
    We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

What is in your Zombie Attack Survival Kit?

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Concudan, Mar 14, 2011.

1. Concudan

Concudan Caffeinated Commando

Ratings:
    +4,231
    OK, I am shamelessly stealing this from Kiwibolt over at CMB… But given that the players and owners have royally f’ed up everything… Lets have some fun…

So there is an outbreak of Zombie-itus… With 39892642 people die a second worldwide, you can see how the odds can quickly stack against you. Further let us not forget that there are three stages to zombification!

There is of course stage I, which is the “Oh I am dead now, but not ripe yet, lets snack on some cat brains” stage.

Stage II is the “Oh I am moist, and black ichors pour out of my mouth and anus” stage.

Stage III which is the “Yeah, you can see my skull as I eat your face” stage…

So at first it may be difficult to identify a zombie….

According to the Zombie Biology web site, we have an advantage as Zombies die the the rotting processes have their sight deteriorate and suffer from severe Myopia and color blindness… this happens in short order, so there is that slight edge to the not yet zombified.

So in packing your kit, remember, you have to live light. The Boy Scouts of America has what they call the 10 essentials. These are items they are to always have with them in case of something going amiss…

So pick 10 things you would have in your kit, your 10 essentials to surviving in Zombieland... The max number of any one item you can have is 100, you have to carry it on you, remember… Existing items today that you would not need to steal from a top secret Chinese Military lab to get.

Think, offense, defense, on the run, on the attack, shelter, food, and propagation of the non-zombie species…

Here are some information pages to help you prepare for life in the world of the undead…

How to Survive a Zombie Attack!

The Zombie Survival Guide

How To Survive a Zombie Attack, In Plain English

2. Concudan

Ratings:
    +4,231
    My list consists of the following:
    I am foregoing a vehicle as the roads will be clogged and I expect gas will run out soon due to other survivors and the fires that will ensue…

1) AK-47, durable, doesn’t break down often and has a hard punch.
    2) 100 rounds of ammo
    3) Katana, longer than a machete, and you wont always have ammo…
    4) SPF 75 sunblck, yeah 100 of em. I burn easily. Cant flee a zombie hoard with a bad sun burn.
    5) Military combat armor. I know it is not chainmail, but might stop a surprise zombie bite…
    6) Old mine shaft on BLM land. Able to hunt, water close by, one way in, easily defensible.
    7) MRE’s 100. Not the best food, but it IS food. Two on me, other at the ‘hole’
    8) First aid kit, 100, one on me, others at the ‘hole’.
    9) A survival radio, with hand crank. In case other survivors are trying to gather and fight back.
    10) Tobasco sauce… Cant go anywhere without it…

3. Concudan

Ratings:
    +4,231
    What happens when a Zombie bites a Vegan?

4. Lightning

Lightning Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +37
    Ruger mini 14 with long range scope, Mossberg 18 inch riot pump with 22 inch alt. barrel, Ruger 45 Auto, ...( Ruger-dependable and durable) 1000 .223 rounds, 1000 3inch buck shot rounds, 1000 2 inch 12 gauge slugs, 2500 45 cal. hollow points, Machete, Axe, hatchet, crowbar ( large) "johnson bar"..(if you know construction) 2500 watt generator 100 gallons gasoline,... 'sides MREs, seeds for growing vegetables and grains...for the long haul....high ground "land" with ground water. hot air balloon...last ditch...hover and kill or drift and pray.

5. SDRaiderH8er

SDRaiderH8er Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,976
    I cant call in a squadron of fully loaded B-52's

6. X FACTOR

X FACTOR In for Life.........

Ratings:
    +186
    Since I am one the said zombies, my survival kit only includes my ability to catch you off guard and eat your brains.
    I do appreciate getting everyone's input so I know what to look out for though, thanks.