1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!
    Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers.
    We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

What is so great about this guy?

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by AnteaterCharger, Apr 23, 2012.

1. AnteaterCharger

AnteaterCharger Calibrating Bolttalk, Podcast by Podcast Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +2,643
    Shea McClellin

What is so great about this guy?

Where did this guy's hype come from?

2. Buck Melanoma

Buck Melanoma Guest

Ratings:
    +408
    He's steady, good character, & a decent fit for 3-4 OLB.

Not a lot of those guys around so he's getting pushed up.

Sounds like an AJ pick to me. :(

3. Bolts4lyfe

Bolts4lyfe BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +837
    Everything buck just said is true, Great kid, hard worker and all that, but Why I wouldn't want him is 3 concussions he's already had in his young career, I also feel he was a product of success in Boise States defensive scheme over what he would be in the NFL, not saying I don't like him but, I would rather see him go to Green bay where he can fit in as a compliment to Mathews instead of us looking for "The Guy" plus anyone who was graded a late day 2 prospect then with non pad work outs shoots up to a 1st round talent is kind of worrisome to me

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Bolts4lyfe

Bolts4lyfe BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +837
    That or Scouts are throwing his name around as someone they like so the word will get around to other scouts so they will turn their focus on him instead of Perry, Branch,Upshaw or anyone else who has been less talked about

5. Whooki Mane

Whooki Mane BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +179
    You can say as much as u want about intangibles.. Id rather have a freak of nature at olb... Seems to me he lacks ideal athletcism at the position nd makes up for it with his work ethic nd motor

6. matilack

matilack #therealagent47

Ratings:
    +2,721
    Its the flow of hype. Remember 1 month ago every mock had Poe in the top 10, Fleener to the Browns at 23, and Chandler Jones was a solid mid-2nd round prospect? Now Fleener is back in the 2nd round, Poe could go anywhere from 11 to 30, and Chandler Jones is the flavor of the week going to the Jets at 16......and what has changed since the season ended in January?

I like looking at mock drafts, but I ignore 99% of them when coming up with my own.

7. AnteaterCharger

AnteaterCharger Calibrating Bolttalk, Podcast by Podcast Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +2,643
    Reminds me a little of Larry English but admitedly with less injury issues

8. Buck Melanoma

Buck Melanoma Guest

Ratings:
    +408
    Is that an endorsement? :p