1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

What is Wrong with Rivers?

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by SD Charger Fans in Austin, Oct 23, 2011.

1. SD Charger Fans in Austin

SD Charger Fans in Austin BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +15
    I am not sure if Rivers is having marital problems, isnt getting enough sleep, or just plain forgot how to play. What ever the reason, he has been playing horrible all season. I was pretty confident going onto this game. I finished this game with huge doubts about our offense.

2. CoronaDoug

CoronaDoug Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +814
    He has to be injured.

3. SD Charger Fans in Austin

Ratings:
    +15
    No injury would not explain that horrible 2 minute performance. He looked completely clueless. It was a sad sight to see.

4. airbolt

airbolt BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +25
    I'm not sure Rivers is very bright. Seems to be incapable of calling audibles or managing a 2 minute drill. Plus
    whatever is wrong with him now, seems both mental and physical.

5. Sydalish

Sydalish Addicted to Sports

Ratings:
    +1,807
    I'm inclined to agree... I'm at a loss otherwise for what could be going on :unsure:

6. Sydalish

Ratings:
    +1,807
    Not very bright? What QB have you been watching for the past 6 years? This is uncharacteristic of Rivers, not the norm.

7. SD Charger Fans in Austin

Ratings:
    +15
    I am still in awe at that awefull last minute and a half. Rivers has put together plenty of last minute drives, as the Chargers seem to always be playing from behind. But that was not a physical ailiment hindering our offense today. That was a complete mental lapse.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Whooki Mane

Whooki Mane BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +271
    Rivers has played horrible all year and today was no exception. I can't believe it has come to this but we are now winning games in spite of Rivers instead of because of him.

9. JohnnyX

JohnnyX 2017 Chargers Head Coach

Ratings:
    +378
    He's no Brees. Play good to great football outside of physical and great teams.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Brundlefly

Brundlefly Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +370
    Go to a Saints board or somewhere else if all you're going to do is complain about EVERYTHING

11. Scott the Rock

Scott the Rock BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +130
    I think all the players are doing just what the playbook calls for. Every great team has players that go beyond that. I honestly think they are working for what they plan for. The greatest teams have players that make make up for coaching "misses". These guys are looking like robots. Is it coaching? Is it the man next to you? You want them to buy into the system but I think they may need to look further. The only key players that playing with heart in my opinion are Weddle and Spikes. I keep seeing Rivers go to the sideline questioning Norvs calls. I keep seeing the same "plan" being questioned late in games. Flags all day. Mathews has a decent game. Tolbert has a decent game. Decent isn't gonna cut it in this league. Where are the play makers? We have them. Where are they?

12. airbolt

airbolt BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +25
    I've seen a lot of tough games where Rivers got flustered, usually they were playoff games. He doesn't lead like a Manning, a Brady, a Brees, an Aaron Rogers.

13. SD Charger Fans in Austin

Ratings:
    +15
    I would have to disagree. Rivers has played bad this season, but he has carried this team plenty of times in the past.

• Like Like x 2
  14. SD Charger Fans in Austin

Ratings:
    +15
    I am pretty sure there is no play book that asks the QB to overthrow his recievers by 10 yards or consistently throw to high. There is definetly no play book that calls for that pitiful display in the last minute and a half of todays game.

• Like Like x 1
  15. chargerlipz

chargerlipz Leading the league in nose hairs.

Ratings:
    +151
    That's funny.

16. vvbolt

vvbolt BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +0
    Listen to what Rivers says about the last play of the game on the Charger web site. "oh, there was just no one open, thats all" You have to be kidding me. I suppose there was no one open the whole second half. When are people going to see that $$$$ speaks. All bets must have been on the Chargers. I have never spent a penny betting and I never will but it is obvious, especially as you watch the video interview after the game that Phillip was not being honest with what happened on the last play of the game. Listten, they had 1:40 left to play in the 4th qtr and they couldn't get the ball past mid-field. This is the NFL, not high school! The Bolts don't have a 2:00 minute offense? How about a down and out? How about over the middle, get the first down and spike it? Phillps isn't hurt. No way, You have so many offensive weapons and not a one of them gets used. Wake up people. Money has everything to do with that game.

17. Brundlefly

Ratings:
    +370
    Neat

18. Sydalish

Ratings:
    +1,807
    If you truly believe that Philip Rivers threw this game on purpose for money you're insane. Absolutely, positively certifiable.

• Like Like x 2
  19. Brundlefly

Ratings:
    +370
    Just a troll

• Like Like x 1
  20. Pointyearedog

Pointyearedog I only put idiots on ignore...

Ratings:
    +1,734
    The only part that I might agree with from the above listed poster is that a two-minute drill was not evidently executed properly, and the plays that were called were not meant to gain any major yardage. If you are the QB and you are wearing a helmet with a microtransmitting device, that little voice is telling you what down and which play needs to be run. If that's not what happened, then something is definitely wrong with the coordination/communication between the coach and the QB.

21. NORV4LIFE

NORV4LIFE NO MORE NORV!!!!!

Ratings:
    +58
    I blame Norv. Norv seems to be calling awful plays and rivers seems upset with the situations norv is getting him into.

• Like Like x 1
  22. !~BOLT~!

!~BOLT~! Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +205
    He's been hit so many times this season it would make sense that he is injured.

23. Pointyearedog

Ratings:
    +1,734
    Again, do you absolutely know this as fact, or do the voices in your head just keep telling you that?

24. NORV4LIFE

NORV4LIFE NO MORE NORV!!!!!

Ratings:
    +58
    I know this as a fact. Look at the last drive. THe those plays weren't even right for the situation!!

25. !~BOLT~!

!~BOLT~! Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +205
    He's been hit so many times this season it would make sense that he is injured.

26. Pointyearedog

Ratings:
    +1,734
    Sorry, but when you use those words and speculate on what you think that is not fact, or gospel, and neither Norv or Philip agree with what you have written it is not fact.

27. HEXEDBOLT

HEXEDBOLT Don't like it, lump it!!!

Ratings:
    +1,887
    River's is definitely playing the worst ball I have ever seen out of him.

28. Savage Lizard

Savage Lizard Charger fan at 7000'

Ratings:
    +984
    Dude is in love with Marty and Brees, though they didn't do dick while they were here either.

29. SD Charger Fans in Austin

Ratings:
    +15
    A veteran offense doesnt wait for calls in a two minute offense. They have thes things down. The QB has a few options and makes it happen. That last minute and a half was on Phillip. The whole offense looked completely confused. I dont know if he wasnt communicating well with the team or what, but that was embarrassing to watch from a veteran offense. I just hope that Rivers fixes his problems and becomes the QB we all came to love when he would carry the team with his arm. Not sure what happened to that QB in the off season...

30. HEXEDBOLT

HEXEDBOLT Don't like it, lump it!!!

Ratings:
    +1,887
    The only problem is, the prior 28.5 minutes is where they lost the game.