1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

What is your dream AFC Champinnship game

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by When Lightning Strikes, Dec 13, 2006.

1. When Lightning Strikes

When Lightning Strikes Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +68
    I would love to see a rematch between The Bolts and The Ravens here in San Diego. I know that they beat us in week 4, but im 100 percent sure that it wouldnt happen again, especially here at the Q. LT is running so much better than in week 4, the defense is in sync and healthy, Philip Rivers is a lot more comfortable on the field than he was then. (that was just his 3rd game as a starter.)
    To me, i think that would be the best AFC match up for the championship game.

2. Electric Chair

Electric Chair Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +579
    My dream AFC Championship Game is one that we win and stay healthy.

Other than that, it sure would be fun to punk the Colts.

3. Trumpet_Man

Trumpet_Man Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +654
    My dream Championship would be to sell my tickets for $3k a pop and then have Alex Spanos invite me to his club seats complete with lobster, beer and waitresses' who will even take a leak for you. :bolt2:

4. BOLTS4LIFE

BOLTS4LIFE Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +542
    We think alike!!!! :tup:

5. Carrie1219

Carrie1219 Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +2,022
    :icon_mrgreen:

6. Kwak

Kwak ....

Ratings:
    +689
    Colts. I want to see a Manning cry.

7. reef shark

reef shark BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +49
    although beating ne1 in the title game would be nice, i would love to see the ravens get trashed at qualcomm. i still have hard feelings about that game.

8. tboltzcali

tboltzcali Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +108
    As much as I would love a rematch vs the Ravens, I think we as a football team need to play the best team to quiet the critics and give us respect for what we have done and what we are going to do. We dont get the respect this team deserves. Their is always some excuse people say about this team. This year its our schedule again. Thats BS!!! Whoever makes it past the first round and second round would do. I just want a super bowl. There is no dream Championship matchup. I want the bears in the Super Bowl. The saints can be scary although I would love to see Merriman beat up Brees. But regardless, they will always show no respect for us here in Diego.

9. foober

foober BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +200
    Gotta beat the chefs first. Don't get ahead of yourselves. The chargers have many games yet to win to get to the promised land.:yes:

10. turbo_turtle

turbo_turtle In Disguise

Ratings:
    +890
    Yep.

1 Game at a time. That is Martys mantra.

I am only thinking of the Chefs right now.

11. TheLash

TheLash Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +715
    Any one that we win!:bolt: :yes: :bolt:

12. Johnny Lightning

Johnny Lightning Go Bolts

Ratings:
    +1,703
    This is what I want [​IMG]

13. Concudan

Concudan Caffeinated Commando

Ratings:
    +4,979
    I will let you know when we win it this year.

14. Thumper

Thumper WHS

Ratings:
    +1,467
    I don't care who we play as long as we kick their asses.

15. Alpenbolt

Alpenbolt BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +156
    Assuming Kaeding isn't asked to kick a 40 yard field goal to win the first round game I would like to see the Ravens in here of the obvious choices.

But I actually think it will be the Steelers, believe it or not. I know this may sound crazy and is a longshot but I got this feeling they are going to start a run. Having them come in here with a 7 game winning streak posted up against our 11 game winning streak would be something. That is would be a dream game.

16. Electric Chair

Ratings:
    +579
    The Steelers are in a near impossible spot being two games out with only three to play.

The two teams that are two ahead of them are red hot Cincy and Jacksonville, the same team that just smoked the Colts. I haven't looked at the tie breakers, but in order for that to even matter one of those teams would have to lose two out of three.

The Steelers season is OVER.

EDIT: Jax beat Pitt head to head, so they would have to finish the season 0-3 for the Steelers to have a shot. Cincy already beat Pitt once and they have a way better Divisional Record, so they would also have to finish 0-3. If either team wins one more game, they are in over the Steelers.

17. Alpenbolt

Alpenbolt BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +156
    I do realize this indeed. Lets look at the stretch schedules.

Wk 15 Pitt @ Caro .. Cinci @ Indy .. Jax @ Tenn
    Wk 16 Balt @ Pitt .. Cinci @ Den .. NE @ Jax
    Wk 17 Pitt @ Cinci .. Pitt @ Cinci .. Jax @ KC

For argument sake assume Pittsburgh manages to run the table. This gives Cinci one loss and they have two extremely tough road games. Losing one of these is very possible and possibly both. Jax has also two tough road games and an even tougher home game. Them losing two of three is very possible. These red hot teams have not been the model of consistency.

Watch out for the Steelers. I hope I am wrong but I sense a run here.

18. Electric Chair

Ratings:
    +579
    I reworded my post to not sound so condescending. But assuming the Bengals or the Jags lose the rest of their games and the Steelers win out (this is the only way for the Steelers to leap over either team), then there is still the Jets, Chiefs, and Donks at 7-6, not to mention Buffalo, Miami, and Tennessee tied with them at 6-7.

The Steelers are finished.

19. boltssbbound

boltssbbound Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,554
    My dream AFC Championship game is the one we win.

20. exodus

exodus Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +133
    Erm, I think it would be, the one we win this year.

21. BoltsFanUK

BoltsFanUK Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +848
    Colts. we can show up Indy and make Manning Cry thats if Indy gets that far

22. Trumpet_Man

Ratings:
    +654
    That is weak to even admit. :lol: :icon_tease: :icon_banana:

23. Trumpet_Man

Ratings:
    +654
    Ok this is the way I see it for "dream match ups".

I have been watching these dudes since Sid Gilman.

The first game I attended was 1965. I have attended every game pretty much since the 70's.

So in 40 years or so I have seen close to 500 Chargers games in person including the Holy Roller, playoff losses against the Oilers & Raiders, 1995 Super Bowl and a handfull of away games.

In that span and within the last two years, I have started to bury family who were Chargers fans and season ticket holders (my dad and step-dad namely). That is the price some have paid to date waiting for a Lombardi. I wish with all my might they could be sitting next to me in the flesh and not in spirit to enjoy getting and finally winning a Super Bowl.

Do I care who the team is that we meet at this point in the Super Bowl ?

No.

I could careless. I could give a rats *** and what matters most is just to win it all.

Do it for those who have waiting and consider this their last and ultimate goal before we die and that is to win the Super Bowl.

Even as I type this post, I broke out a shirt which has never been worn since I was in Miami in 1995. The shirt is a 1995 Chargers AFC Championship shirt.

:bolt2: Go Chargers :bolt2:

24. SanDiegoRon

SanDiegoRon BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +321
    the '63 Chargers vs. '06 Chargers...

you did say dream... :yes:

• Like Like x 1
  25. BFISA

BFISA Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,172
    Turd inna punchbowl :icon_rofl: :icon_tease:

26. When Lightning Strikes

When Lightning Strikes Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +68
    yes i did...

27. Alpenbolt

Alpenbolt BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +156
    Not finished just yet.

Jets and Denver have the inside track but the Steelers have a legimate shot now. Jax and Cinci are in trouble with their schedules.

28. Bergo23

Bergo23 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +22

Trump, You gotta break out the prophet picture with the Tablets, in one tablet, show the 1995 Miami SuperBowl Tablet, in the other.....the prophetic one shows the 2006 "return visit to the Promised land" tablet........maybe just put the Numerals instead of AJ's and Rivers face?!

:ABQ2:

I gotta be honest, Baltimore scares me more than Indy.......LT and Turner might get 400 yards against the Colts, Manning would get about one possession a half!!!! The Ravens have a tough game at Pittsburgh this weekend, so hopefully they lose all home field advantage aspirations this weekend, cuz I would hate to travel to Baltimore..........of course I thought they had no shot at Pittsburgh in 1995!!!!

My call is beating the Ravens in the AFC Championshiop game at the Q, and the Bears in Miami.........two of the best defenses in the NFL give us great games, but Nate beats 'em both in the 4th quarter on field goals to bring home the Lombardi. Boogyin' boltman now sees the light and can take off his shades.:ABQ1: :icon_toast: