1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!
    Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers.
    We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

What is your first message board/Posting Lineage

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by TBF, Jul 30, 2007.

?

What was your first CHARGERS message board? Post your lineage in a thread!

Poll closed Aug 4, 2007.
  1. The NFL Forum

5 vote(s)
    9.3%
  2. UT Board

23 vote(s)
    42.6%
  3. Super Fans Network (Bolt Bugs First Site)

4 vote(s)
    7.4%
  4. Chargerfans.net (Bolt Bugs Second Site)

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. Bolt Talk

4 vote(s)
    7.4%
  6. UT

3 vote(s)
    5.6%
  7. ESPN

4 vote(s)
    7.4%
  8. Chargers.com

3 vote(s)
    5.6%
  9. Other

8 vote(s)
    14.8%
  1. TBF

TBF BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +148
    So many Charger internet fans. Everywhere you go, there are Charger message boards full of posters… I thought it would be interesting to first take a poll and where you started and then follow it up by a thread of showing your message board lineage.

Me, It all started at the Super fans network (at least I think that was the name of it). It was Bolt bugs first board. Then as Bolt bug (mod) went to a more private board, most if not all initially switched over to www.chargerfans.net. At some point for no real reason, I found, www.thenflforum.com and started posting over there. Now recently, I have found this board due to the lack of reliability at www.thenflforum.com . Through the years, I have posted with some damn funny, knowledgeable fans. Back at the first site, I was posting with posters who are still around like Aces, Sooner, Maverick, Centella SDFan, RC and many, many more…Now was I am over here, I see many of the posters I have been posting with for almost 10 years… Either we really love this team, or we need to get more fun in our lives.

I'm really digging this new board, especially when some of the aforementioned posters plus other guys like Richpjr, Little Train, Savage Lizard, Capt D, Bolt Jolt and a ton more...I know I'm leaving a bunch out, but this crap is all off the top of my head.

How bout you…What is your posting lineage?

TBF

2. Concudan

Concudan Caffeinated Commando

Ratings:
    +4,209
    I lurked quite a few, but I didnt post at them. That is until I saw Trumpies dumb posts and had to post slap him...

3. P88F

P88F BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +99

You're trumpies soldier! haha :icon_rofl: :icon_toast: I think that dude has an army by now.

4. Trumpet_Man

Trumpet_Man New Member

Ratings:
    +654
    FU - K*M*A / S*M*D.

My first board was the UT during the Rivers draft and then
    Chargers.com when they opened the forum there and then here at Bolttalk.com.

The other boards I lurked but did not find any chemistry which was worthy of my greatness, vision and damn good looks. :abq2:

5. TBF

TBF BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +148
    And...15,000 + posts later here you sit...You wanna know something funny...I came for the exact same reason! :abq2:

JK, Trumpy...

6. BFISA

BFISA Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,172
    I had no idea things like sports forums existed, but I was read the UT sports section, and noticed the forums stuff at the bottom of the article.

I lurked for about a half hour, then jumped in at UT.

Trumpie was, and still is, a dick!! :icon_rofl: :icon_tease:

7. captaind

captaind New Member

Ratings:
    +23
    ....or we're married. :lol:

I was a lurker on ESPN and the UT forums going back to 2000 or 2001, somewhere around there. I eventually joined ESPN in 2002. When the format was changed and the drama reached critical mass (don't get me started), I moved to the NFL forum in 2004. Now in light of recent events on that forum, I'm currently posting both here & there. I haven't made up my mind where I'll stay, but it's not going to be on both.

8. WonderSlug

WonderSlug New Member

Ratings:
    +851
    SDUT was my first board.

Then I registered on the Chargers.COM one, but mainly lurked.

I was lured to the GTP forum by Guffy (most of us remember him) after his 100th banning from the SDUT board. Guffy went away after Flutie was let go and bothered the Pats forums for a while. I stayed on the GTP site and still post there.

I joined the NFLForums boards. Both of them. Long story as to why there are two, but it has to do with power struggles between some users and the mods at the first one. I don't post there as much.

I joined SDBoltReport's forum, but they have too many rules regarding what you can post and link to, that I left.

Then Thumper started a site that ended up merging with another and becoming this BoltTalk site.

9. AnteaterCharger

AnteaterCharger Calibrating Bolttalk, Podcast by Podcast Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +2,632
    i was strictly SDUT chargers forum and then I jumped to Bolttalk, was on SDUT for two years before bolttalk and before that i lurked for a bit

10. Kwak

Kwak ....

Ratings:
    +632
    First was the The Sporting News Forums - Place was total anarchy. The amount of flame/**** posts there was unreal. Ran into HymroD there.

Second, CBS Sportsline: Only for a bit. Place was not all that good.

UT for a while until the drama queens go to be too much

Chargers.com for a short bit. Told me I couldn't say Marty was a bad coach. I was just pointing out the obvious. Can't speak out about the "State" or you get the Gulag.

Now I call BT home. :tup: :abq2:

11. TheLash

TheLash Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +714
    Pretty much the same as Ant.

12. LittleTrain

LittleTrain BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +86
    I think I first found the BoltBug's site in the early 90s. In Oklahoma it was a gift from above. Back then I was used to relying on the weekly Sporting News column and usenet groups for Bolt news (R.E.F. still around?). Sad, sad, sad. Then I found that site and we could argue about Humphries or Friesz (damn that guy sucked). The first time I logged on I used a generic SDfan name and made one already established poster a little upset. lol I changed to LittleTrain and hung in.

I was LittleTrain there through the Leaf debacle, then decided to cleanse myself of that bad charma and change my name to SoonerBolt. That board had an issue and a lot of people moved to the nflforum. I stayed there until it went down for the zillionth time this offseason without any explanation at all. I had lurked/posted here for over a year too so I just decided to make the jump once and for all to this board...like it or not!!! :)

TBF, all those guys (and a bunch more) have been through a ton of losses with this team. It's good to have some wins to talk about now. I hope more of those guys come over here and settle in. We've moved in a pack for 10 years now, I'd hate to lose them.

13. reddenedbeard

reddenedbeard Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +112
    You have to include newsgroups in this poll.

14. BoltzRule

BoltzRule Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +155
    SDUT, I was originally a lurker, I think I signed up in 03, I signed up mostly because there was both a Chargers and Padres board. I forgot what my password was for my one account and the email I registered it with wasn't valid anymore so I signed up again in 04.

15. Retired Catholic

Retired Catholic BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +347
    This was my first board ever. Been to others since, but they ain't the same. Not enough lose marbles for my taste. People with rattlilng heads are more fun.

• Like Like x 1
  16. Alpenbolt

Alpenbolt BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +156
    After being out of the country for 5 years and not able to fill my fix I started searching for Charger articles and came across Bolttalk last year. Lurked for a week or two and then had to chime in when no one, absolutely no one would defend Donnie Edwards during camp last year. I didn't like him much either but the guy was being murdered. Saw the challenge in taking the schlepp on as my boy. Someone had to stick up for him.

17. KimPossible

KimPossible BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +1,054
    I lurked the UT for quite a while before I actually made a post in the General News section...After a couple of years I was very tired of it, checking in less and less, and ready to quit...then rep appeared and I found my way over to the UT Chargers forum (on accident :icon_eek: ) met some new friends, and developed a soft spot for the team and a few of the people I had met...so I stayed. vachargerfan was the first person to speak to me...meanwhile TK was over in GN mooching for rep...

I am a genuine (but relatively newbie) fan now and I'm anticipating the new season...but first, I need lunch :icon_huh:

How come there are two UT choices?

• Like Like x 1
  18. PowderLove

PowderLove Former Mod, Current Slacker

Ratings:
    +494
    I lurked around a little for half a year, then got on thenflforum.com. Stayed there from September until early this month, then made the jump over here for the same reason as Soone..er LittleTrain. BTW, the folks here are awesome.

19. Thread_Killer

Thread_Killer Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +680
    I started out at the UT during the Leaf era; in the Dark Ages, when you sometimes had to wait a couple of days before your post would appear. I was Large Dane back then.

Then I discovered the NFL Forums, and changed my handle to Thread Killer. That was my main board for a couple of years, then split my time between there and Chargers.com.

I switched back to the UT when they implemented rep. Kimmie, I guess I was "mooching", but I DID beat you to be the first person at the UT to max out on green squares. Woo Hoo!! [​IMG]

I gradually migrated over here to BoltTalk. IMO this place combines the best of all the other boards, with a bunch of cool features that those other places never had. :tup:

20. LittleTrain

LittleTrain BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +86
    I remember I didn't post on the UT because it didn't appear immediately. How that ever worked I don't understand. Boltbug's site was pretty solid back then anyway. I wonder if Mad Dog is still hanging out somewhere? It's his time of the year.

21. Carlsbad_Bolt_Fan

Carlsbad_Bolt_Fan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,358
    Started posting at the UT site when Seau was let go. Hung out there for awhile until someone (Trump, SDRaiderh8ter?) mentioned this place. Also posted at the Chargers.com boards, but they're far too controlling. Still visit there from time to time.

22. FleeT

FleeT BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +2
    NFL Forums

• Like Like x 2
  23. LittleTrain

LittleTrain BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +86

Good to see Fleet representing with his first post! Welcome to the board man!:abq2: :abq1: :icon_toast:

24. Thread_Killer

Thread_Killer Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +680
    Crap.

:icon_smile:

25. TBF

TBF BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +148
    Checkout FleeT with two little "e.s" Good to have you one board you big sissy...LOL

TBF

26. TBF

TBF BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +148
    Didn't MD have another call sign...? Where has Mav been?

TBF

27. captaind

captaind New Member

Ratings:
    +23
    FleeTer! Whaddup, dog. :icon_tease:

28. LittleTrain

LittleTrain BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +86
    I think Mad Dog pretty much was worn down by the boards in the Leaf Era...can't say I blame him. Quality poster though. Maybe he'll make a comeback now? I think he still tailgates at P3 when the time comes.

I saw Mav over here at one time. I haven't seen him on either board since. He must be busy. Someone needs to make a post about Major Applewhite to bait him out of hiding. Hopefully when things settle down for him he'll come back and post over here.

There are a lot of good guys on that board that I hope make the jump.

29. TBF

TBF BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +148

I've been cruising both...Here more then there, but I am not disowning the other completley...To many people that have not converted still make me laugh...JH, Aces etc...

TBF

30. rexy2006

rexy2006 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,842
    First posted in the Padre forums at the UT. Started to get annoying when posters insisted I was a dude. Some were not kind. Saw Thumper's signature with bolttalk. He may have even asked me to check it out.

With former UT poster's leading in the poll by a wide margin, this appears to be a place where former UT posters go. Kinda like a sanctuary.