1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!
    Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers.
    We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

What is your first message board/Posting Lineage

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by TBF, Jul 30, 2007.

?

What was your first CHARGERS message board? Post your lineage in a thread!

Poll closed Aug 4, 2007.
  1. The NFL Forum

5 vote(s)
    9.3%
  2. UT Board

23 vote(s)
    42.6%
  3. Super Fans Network (Bolt Bugs First Site)

4 vote(s)
    7.4%
  4. Chargerfans.net (Bolt Bugs Second Site)

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. Bolt Talk

4 vote(s)
    7.4%
  6. UT

3 vote(s)
    5.6%
  7. ESPN

4 vote(s)
    7.4%
  8. Chargers.com

3 vote(s)
    5.6%
  9. Other

8 vote(s)
    14.8%
  1. rexy2006

rexy2006 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,842
    Started posting in the UT Padres forum. Got a bit disgusted when several of them insisted I was a dude. Saw Thumper's signature with bolttalk. He may have even asked me to check it out.

Seems like there are many former(some current) UT posters here, judging by the UT forum leading in the polls by a wide margin.
    For me, it's been mostly a sanctuary.

2. Buttmunch

Buttmunch New Member

Ratings:
    +108
    Same here...although I lurked for a while. I followed that crazy bastard Trumpy over here.

3. !~BOLT~!

!~BOLT~! Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +205
    my first board was chargers.com, this is my second and pretty much only one i frequent. i initially joined chargers.com right after al gore invented the internet.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Thunderstruck

Thunderstruck BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +272
    UT is on the poll twice. lol...

If you did a similar poll at Chargers.com you'd probably get similar results. UT was around for a few years before the CMB and several of the other forums.

5. nickelbolt

nickelbolt Fuggedaboutit

Ratings:
    +886
    UT for me... haven't been over there in a while. Maybe since last season. :icon_guitar:

6. TBF

TBF BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +148
    I always make some mistake somewhere...LOL

How long ago did the UT board start... I'm thinking I was posting with the superfan network back 10 years...I lurked over at the UT, but didn't like the format.

TBF

• Like Like x 1
  7. super_deluxe

super_deluxe World Class

Ratings:
    +46
    I have lurked in the shadows since the dawn of time, waiting for the right time and place to pounce. :icon_twisted:

8. Shamrock

Shamrock New Member

Ratings:
    +1,243
    There was an "old UT" before the current form. It crashed and couldn't be recovered, late in 2001. The new (current) forum there was started in late Jan 2002. Posts were reviewed before appearing, and sometimes it could take 3-4 days for them to appear. It was horrible. Jeff Dillon finally turned on instant posting for the 2002 draft, and it's stayed.

My first "message board" posting was the old Prodigy system back in the early '90's.

9. ChargerRay

ChargerRay Producer/Host of BoltTalk Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +744
    Posted a bit on ESPN and USENET groups before BoltTalk.

10. sdbound

sdbound New Member

Ratings:
    +942
    I don't recall the name of the first board that began posting on. It was in 1995 or 96. I went by the handle MercedBolt. I migrated over to Thenflforum then here.

11. Bawl Movement

Bawl Movement BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +4
    NFL Forum. Like it here though.

12. o-line protagonist

o-line protagonist BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +10
    I've never been a real big fan of public introductions or history. However, I got my start on this addiction of mine, in the forums of the CMB. I now call ozoneandshadow.com my home. All the while, I'm sure I've ruffled a few feathers along the way and I still post in the CMB. I find this forum to be rather appealing. You all have something to be proud of here, it is a well presented and represented board . Kudos.:bolt:

• Like Like x 1
  13. wrbanwal

wrbanwal Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,036

I blindly followed Trump, Thump, Conc, BFSA, SDC, Shammy, and Sluggo

I feel so cheap

:unsure:

:lol: :lol: :lol:

14. Savage Lizard

Savage Lizard Charger fan at 7000'

Ratings:
    +900
    Usenet, at alt.sports.football.pro.sd-chargers!

Some excellent posters there. Right now I posting there, at this one, chargerfans.net, and NFL Forum. I need to cut back though, a lot of duplication. I think I will lose NFL Forum, and probably stick with the other three.

15. LV Bolt Fan

LV Bolt Fan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +432
    I started out on an aol Charger Board. :tdown: around 96-97.
    The board was fun and made some friends I still have.

I found all the other's out there. I hate the UT and Chargers.com boards. I still post at Chargerfans.net,the NFL Forum and GTP.

I found these "Goons" by accident. :icon_tease: I'm glad I did.
    I met Trumpy ,Thumper and others last season.

:icon_party:

16. Shamrock

Shamrock New Member

Ratings:
    +1,243
    Wait until you see the "ruffling" that takes place in here .... :lol:

Actually, some of the best "blowups" are between people that know each other and won't take it personal. On the screen though, it might look like a lot worse than it is.

A lot of people have "history" with other posters here. Whether it's the new influx of quality posters from the NFLforum, or old UT guys, or Chargers.com posters or people that tailgate together, etc .... a lot of people "know" each other to a certain extent.

That can be difficult for newer posters (not saying that is you, because you also have "history" with people here) who don't understand the historical dynamics between individuals or how the group has tended to act over time.

Ruffling feathers can be a good thing. It can move the "group think" in a different direction and get people to learn more of the game we all love. Too much ruffling, and it appears to be trolling, but those types are usually easily ostracized.

Enjoy ..... :bolt:

17. sickswonnyne

sickswonnyne Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +79
    I started at the Union-Trib forum last year. I found that place by chance googling for info for fantasy football. Then I read about some craziness goin on with a poster named Leisure? I think and found this one. It seemed cool, but got really into it when Steve Foley's shooting was reported here a day before anywhere else. That impressed me a lot. Also, when some poster foretold of Merriman's positive steroid thang at least a MONTH before it became news, and even though noone believed it and wrote it off, it was true. That was crazy. Along with someone calling Volek's trade weeks before it went down, I knew this place (along with the UT once in a while) was the best for news on my Bolts. I'm more of a lurker, but I'm tryin to post a bit more. Great forum here.

• Like Like x 1
  18. Boltjolt

Boltjolt Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +402
    I started at the NFLForum.

Great group of knowledgable football guys. Just not that busy over there as i would like.

Anyways the UT was the 2nd forum i went to and liked how busy it was.

Bolttalk is another forum i go to. Since some good posters from here have left and have made their way over there, i have been going there a lot more the past few months.

Dont really care for chargers.com too much.

19. Concudan

Concudan Caffeinated Commando

Ratings:
    +4,190
    You are cheap! We only bought you a 99 cent hanburger!

20. Boltjolt

Ratings:
    +402

:lol: Nice first post Fleet:icon_toast:

21. Thunderstruck

Thunderstruck BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +272
    Exactly. I've only met Trumpy once but I love him. That won't stop me from telling him to KMA and SMD on this forum though, especially when he disses a good man like Nick Hardwick. Of course, he'll just say KMA and SMD right back...

22. HEXEDBOLT

HEXEDBOLT Don't like it, lump it!!!

Ratings:
    +1,760
    The UT was the first one I found by accident, then Chargers.com came along and now this one. I was banned a couple time from the UT and then a puter crash killed another name, but I haven't been banned from any other site, yet.:bolt:

23. scottbbo1

scottbbo1 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +8
    I started on the ESPN boards years ago, before the Drama. after that I've bounce around everywhere..Chargers.com, SDboltreport, SDUT, thenflforum.com (and the one with the "s" on the end).
    I stick to a main 3 or so that I read daily. mostly lurk though.

24. richpjr

richpjr BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +18
    I started in the Chargers usenet newsgroup a long time ago.

• Like Like x 1
  25. Gilded Pickle

Gilded Pickle BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +5
    For the life of me, I don't remember how found it but my first board was BoltBug's Superfans Board, circa 1996? 1997? Holy ****, 10 years! I was mostly a lurker back then and really didn't start posting until a few years ago on NFL Forums. Unfortunately, the chronic outages there has successfully scattered a good number of posters.

I can't seem to find out how to see who's voted in the poll. Any hints?

• Like Like x 2
  26. knowsthebolt

knowsthebolt BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +14
    I'm pretty much a newbie to the message board thing, I joined Chargers.com a few years back, I post at the UT occasionally, and joined here recently. I mostly lurk at all three. Let me see if I've got everything straight. Thumper's a mod, Concudan and Charger Ray do the pod cast, Shamrock kicks a s s with X's and O's, Rexy, Chispa and Kimpossibble are women, BFISA leds the universe in post count on any board, everyone gives Trumpy crap, unless some guy named Leisure is here, all of you guys gave some guy named oldschool crap on the UT board.

27. Gilded Pickle

Gilded Pickle BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +5
    Hey TFB, I guess this means you've got a problem with your poll - you can take something for that you know...

;)

28. Boltjolt

Ratings:
    +402
    Vote and they show up ;)

Good to see you here :icon_toast:

Ive seen a handfull of posters here from the NFLforums and if we can get some of those guys here along with what we have here already....this board would really rock :tup:

29. Electric Chair

Electric Chair New Member

Ratings:
    +579
    This is my first board, and I like the feel of the place. Except for that Shamrock dope. We should do something about him.