1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

What is your fondest memory of LT?

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by Concudan, Feb 22, 2010.

1. Concudan

Concudan Caffeinated Commando

Ratings:
    +4,976
    What is your fondest memory of the Charger we call LT? Here is mine:

I was attending a game against the Broncos, Anteater was nice enough to give me one of his tickets. LT was close to breaking the rushing TD record, and it was late in the game. It looked like it would be the next game before he got to break it.

Then the Defense forced a fumble and recovered. The defense dashed off the field jumping and celebrating as if they had just won the Superbowl; Many high fived LT as he trotted onto the field. The chant “ONE MORE TIME! ONE MORE TIME!” went up. The stadium was shaking from the volume of the chant. Everyone watched in anticipation of the next play.

I don’t know if it was one two or three plays, but LT was in the end zone. There was a brief moment you could have heard a pin drop at center field. Then came a roar that I am sure they heard in LA. Fans, Charger fans and even some Bronco fans were high fiving each other, hugging strangers and celebrating like I have never seen before.

Yes, Ant got a huge hug from me, I am unashamed to say. Of all the fond, great, proud memories LT has given me over the years, this one tops them all.

It is a sad day when the business of the NFL sees such an icon and community leader released, but that is the nasty nature of the beast. The NFL makes you love it while you hate it. It is hard at times. That LT never hoisted a Lombardi Trophy while wearing lightning bolts actually depresses me. But I know in the long run LT has given me more reasons to hold my head high as a Charger fan than not.

I look forward to the day when he stands at mid field as his name goes on the ring of honor and #21 is retired in the manner it and he deserves.

That is my fondest memory of the phenomenon that is, was and always will be LT. What is yours?

2. RM24

RM24 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +264
    I agree with you 100% Conc. That is my fondest memory of the great LT as well breaking the TD record against the Donks. Good luck to you LT. You will always be one of the greatest Chargers ever to this fan!

:tup:

[​IMG]

3. nickelbolt

nickelbolt Fuggedaboutit

Ratings:
    +886
    Dining with him at Seau's the night before his first game as a Charger. (OK, fine... he had his own table right next to ours... but it was close enough) :lol:

4. Ride The Lightning

Ride The Lightning Join the Dark Side, we have cookies.

Ratings:
    +1,746
    This one.

5. Retired Catholic

Retired Catholic BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +347
    That is exactly it, Conc. I remember feeling precisely the same way.

6. sdbound

sdbound Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +942
    Witnessing history at that same game. Fantastic.

7. BOLT POWER

BOLT POWER Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +13
    I was at that Donkey game, I got to agree, one of the greatest moments. But we all saw this coming, Love LT but unlike Tony Gwynn its never about money (ya right). His ego wouldnt let him renogotiate again to be a bolt. if he wanted to finish a bolt he could of. he'll go and play a few more years like Seau, Harrison, etc. Wish him well but no super bowl ring.

8. sdbound

sdbound Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +942
    I'm guessing it's AJ's favorate LT memory as well.

[​IMG]

9. Sydalish

Sydalish Addicted to Sports

Ratings:
    +1,805
    Gotta go with that day in SD vs Donkey's -- "Charger Fans are witnesses to history!!!!"

I was watching at home and listening on the radio to the play by play - seeing the team hoist him up was epic and I'll never ever forget it.

10. AnteaterCharger

AnteaterCharger Calibrating Bolttalk, Podcast by Podcast Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +2,928
    The TD record ranks very high there but I'll add another (because I'm cool like that)

2002 vs the Patriots here in San Diego. Ran for I think three touchdowns (two I'm sure of) and basically announced that we weren't a joke anymore. He almost single handedly beat the patriots - they couldn't lay a hand on him or stop him. His last long run to secured the victory (though I'll also remember Tim Dwight coming from the otherside of the field outrunning LT to block for him) and I can remember everyone categorically thinking "we have a keeper, we have a star" at running back. ESPN put it best at the time; we knew LT was good, but he's becoming great.

11. Carlsbad_Bolt_Fan

Carlsbad_Bolt_Fan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,580
    I love that photo. That memory is best. No question.

12. CoronaDoug

CoronaDoug Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +814
    1) Donk Game
    2) OT TD Skins 2007
    3) OT TD Titans 2005