1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!
    Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers.
    We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

What is your worst fast food experience?

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Deb, Aug 8, 2008.

1. Deb

Deb BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +255
    What is your worst fast food experience?
    [​IMG]
    Ever been at a drive up for 20 min and
    then get asked to pull up till your
    fries are done?

Tell us about it.

[​IMG]

2. ChargerJeff

ChargerJeff Boltaholic

Ratings:
    +342
    When I was 12 (34 years ago) my entire family had KFC the night before our first trip to Circus Circus in Ls Vegas. We got 1 hour into the trip and my little brother got the runs, I was about 1 hour later then my Mom and right when we hit Vegas my Dad.

It too us 8 hours to get there (instead of 4 1/2) and we were all a mess for the first day.

Still can't ear KFC

3. Lightning's Girl

Lightning's Girl Mod Chick =) Staff Member Moderator

Ratings:
    +1,153
    The KFC in my town must require their employees to possess an IQ of less than 50. Please tell me how else they can screw up an order of two, count 'em, two Extra Crispy chicken breasts??!! I order the same thing each and every time I go there, but at least 7 times out of 10 I'll wind up with a box containing Original Recipe thighs and legs.:icon_evil:

Then again, these are the same people who have asked me, upon taking my order at the drive-through speaker: "is that for here or to go?" :icon_huh:

4. rexy2006

rexy2006 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,842
    Sis and I were STARVING.

Nearest place was Arby's on Clairemont Mesa Blvd.

Get out of car, toodle in.

Ordered some beef sandwiches.

"Sorry, we're all out of BEEF."
    We're like "what?"

I kid you not.
    Arby's Roast Beef Sandwich Restaurant with NO BEEF.

We left. Quickly.

5. BOLTS4LIFE

BOLTS4LIFE Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +542
    IHOP (not really fast food but...)

It was about 11:00 am. I asked for a glass of milk. They said "WE'RE OUT OF MILK."
    To make matters worse... there was a grocery store not even a block away. Send some employees over to buy a few gallons to make up for your poor management!!!

That's exactly what I told them and I was asked to leave!!!
    I called them lazy f**ks and went to Bob's Big Boy. :lol:

6. BOLTS4LIFE

BOLTS4LIFE Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +542

LOL. I experienced something similar at Jack In The Box.
    They had a western burger on the menu. At the drive through, I asked what is on that burger. They went through the list and finished with "cheese but we're out of cheese."

LATER!!!

7. KimPossible

KimPossible BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +1,054
    I won't get into the horrid specifics but suffice to say I have not eaten InNOut for five years. Probably never will. omg. It's one of my top ten sickest moments. I get light headed thinking about it.

• Like Like x 2
  8. rexy2006

rexy2006 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,842
    HI KIMMIE!

We wont axe for specifics!:no:

Carry on.

9. BOLTS4LIFE

BOLTS4LIFE Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +542
    Yes. Please do tell.

Curiosity flowing!!! :icon_evil:

10. Buck Melanoma

Buck Melanoma Guest

Ratings:
    +408
    KFC in OK City years ago. Food so greasy that the bottom fell out of the box on the way to the table. Left it on the floor & walked out - haven't been to a KFC since. That happened in 1981.

My daughter found a fingernail in her Hardee's ice tea. That was after she drank most of it. :puke:

11. WyomingBoltFan

WyomingBoltFan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +312
    Late one night I decided to go to Arbys. I had a super size roast beef sandwich, a super size fries and a super size coke. An hour later I left a super size pile of puke in the local veterinarian's parking lot. I haven't eaten at Arbys for over 10years.

12. BOLTS4LIFE

BOLTS4LIFE Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +542

Damn. I love KFC but someone over there needs to follow orders!!!

The Hardee's story is terrible!!! :icon_eek:

13. BOLTS4LIFE

BOLTS4LIFE Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +542
    I could have died in Panda Express... literally!!! :icon_eek:

The one in Poway on Scripps Poway Parkway.
    I ordered a "Panda Bowl" and as I took a bite of rice, something hurt my teeth. It was a thick, jagged piece of wire. Had I swallowed that, I would have been in really bad shape!!! :icon_eek: :icon_eek:

14. Lightning's Girl

Ratings:
    +1,153
    EEEEEEEEEWWWWWWWWWWW!!!:no:

I should mention the lovely case of giardiasis my hubby and I contracted after eating at a Crap-In-The-Box in Escondido about 25 years ago. This is a nasty little parasite, which is transmitted when somebody fails to lavese las manos properly after using the bathroom and then goes out and cooks your Jumbo Jack. It causes the worst kind of double-ender imaginable, and it can go on for weeks undiagnosed. I lost 40 lbs in SIX WEEKS at a time when I didn't have it to lose; I was 7 months pregnant then.

Anyway, we'd been sick with this thing for about a week when we ran out of toilet paper (surprise, surprise). Bill was the least sick of the two of us, so he went to Vons to buy some and ended up puking in Aisle Nine......right next to the candles and potpourri.

We didn't eat at another JITB for 20 years.:no:

• Like Like x 2
  15. BFISA

BFISA Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,172
    Giardia Lamblia sucks :tdown:

16. WyomingBoltFan

Ratings:
    +312
    Is that RN medical lingo? :lol:

• Like Like x 1
  17. Lightning's Girl

Ratings:
    +1,153
    I'll have you know that "barfing your goolies out" is ALSO an accepted technical/medical term!:icon_rofl: Cuz that's exactly what happens when you get a dose of G. lamblia.....:puke:

18. Concudan

Concudan Caffeinated Commando

Ratings:
    +4,208
    I got a raw chicken sandwich from Carls Jr. once.

Found out by the texture of it in my mouth! BARF!!!!!!!!!!

19. sdchrger

sdchrger Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +820
    I had a cow testicle in my chicken McNuggets once.

• Like Like x 1
  20. Concudan

Concudan Caffeinated Commando

Ratings:
    +4,208
    Did they charge you extra?:icon_shrug:

21. Lightning's Girl

Ratings:
    +1,153
    :icon_rofl:

22. BoltzRule

BoltzRule Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +155
    Ate at JITB once, and it made me sick almost immediately and I ended up having the runs from that crappy burger and to top it all there were fruit flies in the coke.

Never ate there again, and main reason I only drink clear sodas if I drink soda at all (only time I do drink soda is when I eat out).

Another one not as bad, I ordered 2 chicken sandwiches from Wendys, I got 1 chicken sandwich and some funky *** bacon cheeseburger. The bacon looked ****ing disgusting as hell, didn't eat that.

Now I try not to eat Fast food anymore, especially the big ones.

23. WyomingBoltFan

Ratings:
    +312
    Was it clean shaven?

• Like Like x 1
  24. WyomingBoltFan

Ratings:
    +312
    This wasn't a fast food joint but my wife and I found a chunk of ABC gum in our pizza. This was after we had eaten a couple of slices. They offered to make us another pizza but we said noooo thank you.

25. Thumper

Thumper WHS

Ratings:
    +1,467
    Were you visiting shammy at the time? :icon_shrug:

• Like Like x 1
  26. Showmeyourbolt

Showmeyourbolt New Member

Ratings:
    +192
    I got food poisoning from Applebee's once, but that's not fast food.

Worst fast food experience was probably when I ordered two double cheeseburgers from McD's. I went to take a bite out of the first one, and the middle of the burger was still frozen. Sick.

27. Lightning's Girl

Ratings:
    +1,153
    This isn't a fast food story either, but it still makes my stomach do flip-flops just to think about the time, when I was about 7 years old, that we ate in a diner in L.A. I bit into the hamburger I had just liberally "salted" and promptly hurled all over the booth, right in front of God and everybody. Some jerk-wad had put SUGAR in the salt shaker.......

28. Retired Catholic

Retired Catholic BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +347
    Ceasar's Pizza. A burrito shack in Port Orford, Ore. Fish and Chips and Long John Silvers. Can't be sure which one was the worst, but they were all horrible.

29. Lightning's Girl

Ratings:
    +1,153
    Then there's the revolving restaurant in Honolulu where I contracted food poisoning from a piece of red velvet cake. This nasty double-ender hit me so fast that I started getting chills before we made it back to the hotel room. I spent the last four days of that Hawaiian vacation puking my guts out and wondering, in my few lucid moments, if I'd even be able to get on the plane. Luckily, a friend of the family worked at Queen's Hospital, and she came to the hotel with medications that combatted the nausea and got me through the dehydration so I wouldn't have to go IN the hospital.....thank God for her. Other than the giardiasis, I never have been that sick in my life, before or since.

30. Sydalish

Sydalish Addicted to Sports

Ratings:
    +1,684
    Quiznos [not really fast food but...] a couple weeks back - I ordered some dinner for me and the honey over the phone on my way home from work - I get there and wait in line then tell the girl behind the counter that I'm picking up take-out. She gets all pissy and sighs and tells me to talk to the girl at the register then looks past me and starts on the next customer. Ok whatever, I go to the register and the girl there rings me up and hands me my bag. I notice no napkins, so I ask for some [politely] and she rolls her eyes, sighs and hands me 2 napkins. So I smile and ask to speak with her manager... "I'm the manager tonight". I laugh and walk out.

This is where it gets fun. When I called in the order, I asked for no tomatoes [I'm mildly allergic]. No biggie right? Just leave them off the turkey sandwhich, one less step. So I open up my sandwhich and there is no meat, no cheese, no dressing. Just bread and tomatoes....

I've never wanted to physically harm someone so much in my life - lol