1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

What Our Defense Truly Needs

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by Gridreaper, Sep 15, 2008.

1. Gridreaper

Gridreaper BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +96
    ...Our defense needs a coach who isn't afraid to take chances. Look at what Jimmie Johnson does in Philly. He's a defensive madman who nearly downed the Patriots last year with a back-up QB. He completely befuddled Dallas and held them to 6 points last year. A.J needs to step out of whatever that weird comfort zone is of his with ex-Buffalo guys and convince Spanos to open the vault to get someone in here who has some guts and imagination! Ted is never going to get it done. Some people in here keep giving him credit for all the takeaways but the truth is the Bolts D went into an immediate decline statistically, other than the takeaways, after Wade left. He's been fired from his previous stops for a reason.

2. Ride The Lightning

Ride The Lightning Join the Dark Side, we have cookies.

Ratings:
    +1,748
    A DC with these:

[​IMG]

3. BOLTS4LIFE

BOLTS4LIFE Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +542
    Yup. Seems like Ted's philosophy was "as long as we don't give up more than 15 yards a play, we're good."

4. Buck Melanoma

Buck Melanoma Guest

Ratings:
    +408
    Again .....

**** FAT TEDDY!!!!!!!!! :icon_evil:

If we don't do something soon, I may end up like B4L, only that POS Teddy will be my target. :icon_sad: :icon_tease:

• Like Like x 1
  5. BOLTS4LIFE

BOLTS4LIFE Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +542

You couldn't hold my jock!!! :hilarious: :hilarious: :icon_tease: :icon_tease:

Sorry. Couldn't resist!!! ;)

6. HEXEDBOLT

HEXEDBOLT Don't like it, lump it!!!

Ratings:
    +1,887
    Girls like you don't need jocks. :lol::icon_rofl::icon_tease:

7. Buck Melanoma

Buck Melanoma Guest

Ratings:
    +408
    I'd need a magnifying glass to find it!! :icon_tease: :lol:

8. TheBeast

TheBeast BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +127
    Yes we need someone who will take chances and i think teddy needs to go, He had a great season last year but people know our schemes move on and develop a new one. I really think this D needs somone who can hit. Polk? gone. Florence? gone. Mcree? gone. Merriman IR. Siler and waters aren't living up to their expectations as hard hitting MLBs. We need someone who will strike fears into opponents like ray lewis, brian dawkins, adrian wilson. And don't give thier old...they blow coverage. well have you ever thought that we play to involved in coverage and not hard hitting football. I think we need to trade for someone who can hit before the deadline, because this isnt working out. Not using the force out rule as an advantages, missing tackles....alot. We need a force on D pronto

9. BroncoJoe

BroncoJoe Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +1
    You all will bounce back from this. You've got a good team.

Norv, on the other hand...

10. AnteaterCharger

AnteaterCharger Calibrating Bolttalk, Podcast by Podcast Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +2,931
    Norv's offense has done very well lately, if anything he's not on the hot seat. We're in the top 5 in team offense and bottom 3 in defense. therefore the DC is to blame

11. BroncoJoe

BroncoJoe Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +1
    Just messing around. At first, everyone in Bronco land was ecstatic Norv was hired. He's done a good job so far.

12. MountainDew

MountainDew BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +33
    what our defense needs is steriods! :icon_rofl:

13. LFEpooh124

LFEpooh124 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +38
    I don't know if you're just dumb or stupid. Pick one.

14. HEXEDBOLT

HEXEDBOLT Don't like it, lump it!!!

Ratings:
    +1,887
    Try brain dead.