1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!
    Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers.
    We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

What?!?... Ryan Mathews not in shape?

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by Blue Bolt, Jul 30, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Concudan

Concudan Caffeinated Commando

Ratings:
    +4,223
    This!

Not only that but he is doing what it takes to correct it. Would Cromartie had a heart like that. But that is not good enough for some it seems.

2. Boltjolt

Boltjolt Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +402
    Haha, you like those groups a lot better? Knowburst Moreno sucks and White and McGahee? I guess KC's 1,2 is better. McFadden would be fine if he didnt fumble so much but Bennett...who cares?

3. HEXEDBOLT

HEXEDBOLT Don't like it, lump it!!!

Ratings:
    +1,764
    That's the whole point, I hope it isn't the norm for the guy. I guess Tomlinson just spoiled me with his work ethic, but in some folks eyes that makes me a hater.

4. Blue Bolt

Blue Bolt Persona Non Grata

Ratings:
    +3,483
    [​IMG]
    ;)

5. HEXEDBOLT

Ratings:
    +1,764
    Howdy.

6. Blue Bolt

Ratings:
    +3,483
  7. matilack

matilack #therealagent47

Ratings:
    +2,721
    Is this what you do now? Show up once a year and bash Ryan Mathews because your butt hurt we didn't draft your boy Ben Tate?

There is a difference between not being in shape, and not being in football shape. Having seen his picture in the SDUT the other day its clear he was working out, just not as doing as much running as he needed to. He'll make up for it this month and be full go before the season starts.

• Like Like x 1
  8. powayslugger

powayslugger Feckless Slappy

Ratings:
    +181
    trying to picture holding on to a water balloon dipped in bacon fat... and LMAO.

9. Buck Melanoma

Buck Melanoma Guest

Ratings:
    +408
    All I gotta say is the proof is in the pudding. We're not serving dessert yet so I'll withhold my judgment. To date, the injury-prone label out of college does hold some water.

I sure hope that he proves any doubters wrong. After all, it isn't like he's a Raider.

10. HEXEDBOLT

Ratings:
    +1,764
    Mathews should at least be able to run, its what he does for a living and there should be no need for catching up on that. I just hope he learns to protect himself and the ball better, there is no need for him to take some of the shots he took last year and being stood up for a gang tackle.

11. Chargerfn909

Chargerfn909 High and tight kid, high and tight!

Ratings:
    +34
    lol don't get all butt hurt because I am stating facts kiddo.. Glad to see your still dangling from RM's nuts though, consistency is good haha

12. Concudan

Ratings:
    +4,223
    Take it for what it is worth. My assumption is that they are being cautious with Mathews, and he did not hammer his cardio as much as he should have. I will start to really worry the last week of this month if he isnt up to speed...

13. Concudan

Ratings:
    +4,223
    That is not realy fair... He shows up at least four times a year... C'mon!

14. Chargerfn909

Ratings:
    +34
    And if ol' Maticakes could read he'd see I am not here to BASH RM, I am questioning some of the things he's doing, or not doing...Rightfully so; he just feels the need to defend his boy, which is OK but it doesn't make him right.

I think through twitter we are finding out this isn't his ankle, its his body.. Take that for whatever its worth, but a guy like Todman standing at 5'9'' 193 is taking a pounding up the middle and sure as hell isn't taking days off because of soreness... I think us as fans have every right to question Ryan right now. Am I saying he's done, or he won't be worth a ****? Absolutely not, but there is no excuse for sticking out like a sore thumb like he is right now.

15. DenverBolt67

DenverBolt67 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +629
    After hearing Quentin Jammer on the radio a couple weeks ago say that he fails these tests every year, I am not too worried about it.

16. BoltsFanUK

BoltsFanUK Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +848
    Im going to guess that Ryan just kicked back and played World of Warcraft throughout the off-season

• Like Like x 1
  17. matilack

matilack #therealagent47

Ratings:
    +2,721
    His last post before this little Mathews rant was August of last year. Lol

18. Blue Bolt

Ratings:
    +3,483
    A man has to have his priorities in order. ;)

19. matilack

matilack #therealagent47

Ratings:
    +2,721
    Not resting when your sore is how you get injured, welcome to the new NFL grandpa hardass, you and Mike Singletary can get together and bitch about it.

Mathews has absolutely flashed brilliance when he's played. He's lost some touches because of his fumbling issues and blitz pickups, but when he runs the ball he looks capable of being a franchise back. His issues will clear up, its a shame the lockout probably slowed that process but it is what it is.

20. Chargerfn909

Ratings:
    +34
    Well ****, the whole team should be taking the day off.. And sorry to break it to ya bud, but being sore does NOT mean you get hurt..its simply uncomfortable.

Brilliance? Wow.. lol He made a couple good runs but dropped most passes that came his way, put the ball on the ground just as soon as he would do something positive, couldn't pass block for his life, and was injured pretty much thr whole year. Then reports to camp not in tip top shape...Hopefully he can clean these things up, but the heat will be on the next year or two.

21. Concudan

Ratings:
    +4,223
    True, but remember the transient nature of the forums. Some folk spend most of their time at other fan sites, such and the one CBF runs, Smashmouthmensans, and come here only sparatically. Others are here because other forums have given them the boot. Others stay here and annoy the general population, like I do...

So in the end, we all want the Bolts to win it all so it is all good right? But in the mean time we can bicker and have well natured spats so long as we dont derail the forum as I have in the past...

22. Ride The Lightning

Ride The Lightning Join the Dark Side, we have cookies.

Ratings:
    +1,629
    So hardcore.

Not much cracks me up more than dudes sitting on their computers bitching about how physically fit other dudes should be.

23. Chargerfn909

Ratings:
    +34
    I can assure you I am in much better shape than yourself, and if I got paid millions to STAY in tip top shop i'd love it. Fitness is a passion for me, I am 6' 240 @ about 12-13% bodyfat. My diet is on point, I train 5 days a week and I have a family with a full time job.

24. Ride The Lightning

Ratings:
    +1,629
    13%? Fatass.

25. Chargerfn909

Ratings:
    +34
    lmao I bet you are 20%+ and don't have a clue..

you do realize at 13% abs are visible, right? at 10 they are popping... Educate yourself before you toss around ignorant remarks like that

26. Ride The Lightning

Ratings:
    +1,629
    Does it even matter?

I'm fat and don't give a ****. I just thought it was funny you felt the need to post all your vital stats as justification as if that means anything to anyone on this forum.

:roflmao:

27. Chargerfn909

Ratings:
    +34
    I think its funny that you felt inclined to criticize me because I am saying that a MULTI million dollar athlete should stay in top notch shape.

Exercise is good for the mind fatty, you outta look into it.

28. Ride The Lightning

Ratings:
    +1,629
    I did. Weights are too heavy. All I said is that I thought it was funny that guys sitting at their computers complain about what kind of shape professional athletes are in. You felt the need to get super defensive, which I find even funnier.

29. Eurobolt Mike

Eurobolt Mike BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +39
    ..and so this is what it has become.

#Yawn#

Roll on the football season!

• Like Like x 1
  30. Chargerfn909

Ratings:
    +34
    What were you insinuating when you said 'sitting behind the computer' etc etc? Exactly, I keep myself in damn good shape and take pride in it, if I want to call out a kid that gets paid MILLIONS to stay in top notch shop for not doing so I have every right.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.